Author Topic: Copywriters Wanted -- Are you a good sales writer?  (Read 9180 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Copywriters Wanted -- Are you a good sales writer?
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2006, 06:25:40 AM »
Well done, Raevan! I'd get my application in to Karl now, if I were you  ;)

Seriously, I would just mention that although White Cliff (WCCL's parent company) is UK-based, they are a multi-national operation, and the US is their primary target market. Most of their advertising is therefore written in US English, in a style which has been found to work well in that market. But as a Brit myself, I do understand that some Brits (or, indeed, Australians) might be turned off by what they perceive as hype. It's one of those things about the net, I suppose - it's easy to target a world-wide market, but not quite so easy to vary your pitch according to where the potential customer lives!

Nick  :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2006, 06:57:49 AM by Nick »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline karlmoore

• Esteemed Contributor
    • Karl Moore.com
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2006, 12:39:21 PM »
Hey all,

Just catching back up with this thread.

The style may not be very British, but it does tend to work.

Also, Symphony: I regularly give first timers a go. I don't care if you have no experience or a world of experience. If you can DO THE JOB... that's all that counts.

-- Karlos

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2006, 08:52:25 PM »
 Well, sometimes it is fun to be the wet blanket.   ::)  I'm no short-talent myself BUT I can't nope won't write something I can't endorse just for the money. I'm so glad to know that I will die with a good set of ethics in place. It's called personal integrity.

I get this superlative drivel in the mail everyday and now I can clearly believe that it is written by folks who probably have never even seen the product let alone use or enjoy it.   :o

There are just some jobs that aren't worth having.  I mean no slight to anyone here. Just wanted to share some food for thought. mary

sjreed56

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 11:28:15 PM »
That's too cute raevan. I love it! :D

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2006, 04:30:19 AM »
Also, Symphony: I regularly give first timers a go. I don't care if you have no experience or a world of experience. If you can DO THE JOB... that's all that counts.

-- Karlos

Karlos - thank you. That's good to know. I might give it a try, then, if something else comes up - or are you still looking?

Symphony