Author Topic: Aid Workers, Mercenaries or soldiers in Bosnia 1993.  (Read 2345 times)

Offline SPARTAN242

• We always burn brightest when no one is watching
Aid Workers, Mercenaries or soldiers in Bosnia 1993.
« on: May 16, 2007, 11:17:22 AM »
Hi,

i worked in Bosnia during the civil war in 1993 for a NGO with a children's charity and am looking for any people who might be interested in collaboration for a book about the war. my intentions was to find a soldier (british, preferably. U.N. certainly) and a journo or aid worker. i am not looking for those that fought for one of the three sides involved in the conflict (except a merc.) because i want the book to be about people who do not belong there and their views of what they saw, witnessed, discovered etc.

if you were there, you saw stuff that the news never related, some funny and others terrible. it is this sort of thing i would be interested in hearing about. i have enough for a book on its own but maybe if the right person(s) came along then it may be woth collaborating. even if you just want to discuss something that you witnessed and need to get off your back i am willing to listen.

it took me ten years to rid myself of the demons of that country, and not a single person i knew could help me. you had to be there. so if you need to rid some demons i am here for that too.

thanks for your time. keep the faith, and may the road rise with you.

Offline rewh2oman

Re: Aid Workers, Mercenaries or soldiers in Bosnia 1993.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi Sparatan242

I can't help you in this endeavor, but felt the need to say something.

I would like to congratulate you on your work in Bosnia and coming to terms with its horrors. As well as to salute your effort in bringing to light what happened there. Perhaps people will become more conscious of the atrocities currently being perpetrated throughout the world from your work.

…russ

Offline Gamin

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 04:53:12 PM »
Hello,

I'm originally from Bosnia and I'm also looking to write a novel about my life that not only tells my story but also the history of ethnic conflict in the Balkans.

You had to be there to understand the circumstances under which we lived for those 3+ years. But you had to be from there to fully understand why and what was going on. I was only a young kid during the war but the war made me grow up lot faster than I wanted.

I would be happy to help you.

Gamin
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 04:56:27 PM by Gamin »

Offline sara

• Sara Thomson Writer
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:12:39 AM »
hello
I can't help you on your project but i just wanted to say that I am glad to see that you are doing it I am married to a british serving soldier and I think that the true stories of the soldiers and their families goes untold. no civillian really understands what it is like for these boys (and they are mostly boys not much out of their teens) to go and face the horrors of war and how difficult a life it is for the families too.
I am working on a novel about the life of an army family.
I wish you every success with your project
sara

Offline bonsibabe

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 04:54:55 PM »
Like Sara, my husband is a soldier.  He was in bosnia but long after the troubles, but he served in Kosovo during the conflict and to this day will not talk about what happened.

Good luck in your project, I really wish you all the success in the world.

Di xx