Author Topic: Writing Partner  (Read 3259 times)

writingkitty2008

Writing Partner
« on: June 12, 2007, 06:11:08 PM »
 :D Hiya! My name is Kitty. (That's just a nickname.) ]I am a newbie. Well, I am writing a story and I was wondering if someone wants to write with me and give me advice. I plan to publish it, so whoever is writing with me gets half of the profit. So, you know, let me know. :D

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
Re: Writing Partner
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 05:15:30 PM »
Hiya, Kitty

There's a great thread in the 'Review my Work' section called,  'Penfriends and Twinning'

If you don't get any answers to your post you should check it out.

You can find it at: http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?topic=1601.0

Hope this helps and good luck with your story. ;)
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Justin

• www.justinmaelzer.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 04:16:25 PM »
Any ideas about the style / genre / aims of the story.

If you're after historical romance I'm useless but if it's SciFi Noir with gritty dialogue and a twist-ending I might just be interested.
"Stories are never finished, only abandoned."  www.justinmaelzer.com

Offline thatollie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2007, 04:57:35 PM »
Any ideas about the style / genre / aims of the story.

If you're after historical romance I'm useless but if it's SciFi Noir with gritty dialogue and a twist-ending I might just be interested.
I'll vouch for that, Justin is the best writer of gritty dialogue I've seen on this site.
Never make a decision standing up.

writingkitty2008

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2007, 06:04:46 PM »
I only write Sci-fi.

Offline SianLane

• We are everywhere.
    • babylonian ensemble
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 11:17:19 PM »
Hi Kitty,
I am currently collaborating with another writer on her novel. Kind of a Sci Fi/Fantasy kind of thing. She does the basic story line and I copy edit. I add and fill out the story line for her. She then incorporates most of my suggestions in a re-write and we keep going.
This kind of thing is just up my alley.
Let me know what you think!
Sian Lane
I hope you dance

writingkitty2008

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:41:11 AM »
I mean that's exactly the type of writing partner I need. If you're not to busy with your other partner, would you help me out as well?

Offline SianLane

• We are everywhere.
    • babylonian ensemble
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 01:32:45 PM »
 Here's my suggestion. Send me say an overview/outline kind of thing which can catch me up in a nut shell, so to speak. Kind of give me a feel for different charecters/motivations/manners/etc, and any other information I might need to get a sense of story, yada, yada, yada. Especially an idea of beginning, middle, end? If it's the sci fi part, make sure I understand how things work in this world/time whatever, which will give me parameters of physical.
I have a pretty full schedule until after July 23, but time loosens for a little breather then.
What kind of page/word count are you up to?
I have a LARGE e-mail storage, so it's easy to send whole chapters and stuff. If you have maps or drawings or visual images that might help, send those too.
I can take a look at it over the next week and get back to you on whether or not I could help or hinder. Two cheers for collaboration!!
Here's my e-mail: SianBabs@hotmail.com
I hope you dance

Offline SianLane

• We are everywhere.
    • babylonian ensemble
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 05:24:02 PM »
Hi Kitty,
Just a catch up... did you find someone to help you with this? I was sort of looking out for something to arrive via e-mail, but I haven't seen anything.
If you are still working on something, or still need a collaborator, let me know.
Thanks, Sian Lane
I hope you dance