Author Topic: Can you help to find Madeleine?  (Read 5647 times)

Offline noelgama

• Between the Sword and the Pen... are the words!
    • HR Writing For The 21st Century
Re: Sticky: Can you help to find Madeleine?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2007, 04:50:46 AM »
I cannot bear to look at Maddie's picture any more - I have a little boy with the same wide set eyes; the same expression; the same little nose... and he looks like a girl because his hair about the same length.

The P'guese police may have botched up the case but ironically, there is a Portuguese saint - St. Anthony - who is the favourite saint of my town where people seek his intercession for finding anything that is lost or stolen. There is an ancient chapel by the sea with the saint's (wooden) statue which had come floating in with the tide!

I am not a religious person really, but I visited the chapel late one night with my little boy, Noah and asked for St. Anthony's intercession in finding Maddie. I hope he doesn't dissapoint a would-be believer.

Noel
India
Author, "Culture Wise INDIA" (Survival Books, UK) & "Writer of the Year 2007" of Writers Bureau, UK

Offline Frogg

• Let there be tea.
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 06:36:49 PM »
Every time I see this picture it breaks me all over again.
There are not many posters down in this remote place where i live, so I printed off the pic and made copies, went for a long drive and stuck it up on every notice board I saw,
I pray she is safe, and will soon be with the people who love her,
E.
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters... it's amazing I'm here at all. - Bernard Black

Narnian Prince

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2007, 04:36:45 AM »
According to a very vague news report here in North America, there was a sighting of Madeleine in Bosnia a short while ago.  A witness reportedly heard the young girl call out, "I want my Daddy!" as she was bundled into a car that left quickly.  Does anyone else have anything on this?

FYI: I work in Toronto's Pearson International Airport and there is still a pic of her in the security office with a high alert on in case she is spotted.

I pray that she is reunited with her family very shortly, no matter where she is.

Offline Bru

• http://www.brunazanelli.com
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2007, 05:12:22 AM »
The Bosnia sighting has been ruled out. It seems it was not Madeleine.
'if there's a friend who ever needs me,
I'll try to help somehow'
http://www.brunazanelli.com

Narnian Prince

« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2007, 05:33:06 AM »
Thanks for the update.  Although, I did hope for a moment...

Chris