Author Topic: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome  (Read 71500 times)

Offline ignis

• View Profile
    • The Crime Writers Network
Re: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2007, 10:31:49 AM »
  Firstly let me point out that I have no connection with Nick Dawes other than as a very satisfied customer.

I must admit, I thought i knew a lot about writing but this course has blown me away. 

The freewriting for example. All of a sudden my writing goes from what I would describe as 'good,' to, 'hey, this is more than good, it's saleable.' 

Easy to read.  No waffle.  Nick tellls it how it is.  I skimmed through it in a couple of hours. It is so easy to read and digest.  Then I re-read it again and started on the tasks in module 1.  The result turned what was a fairly ordinary scene about three teenage couples into a piece of work i am proud of.  Check it out on Review my work.  'Sin in My Name.'  Thai is not the final draft but it is getting there.

Every one of Nick's tips is working for me.  I write faster.  I edit with a keener eye 

By the way Nick.  Is  it OK if I send you a couple of chapters for review?  :)  That's one of the tips he gives.  but I don't want to betray too many of his secrets.

At present I am working on my new site for crime writers.  cri-fi.com.  The Nick Dawes writing course will have pride of place on the site when it is up and running

All I can say is 'Buy this course.'   At less than the price of a decent meal, it will be the best twenty or so pounds you will ever spend. I've even turned my hand to copywriting for this post :) 

Seriously though.  This course is brilliant.   Thanks for a great product Nick.

Feel free to use this if you like.

John
Do you write crime? Visit my website for great crime writing tips.
http://www.cri-fi.com

Come and join the Crime Writer Network. The new Community devoted to the Crime genre.
http://crimewriternetwork.ning.com/

philoscribe

« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2007, 10:24:30 AM »
My CD arrived this morning.

I claim to be a writer  :-[ and promote the course to my clients so I thought I had better take a look for myself.

If it is of interest I shall post here periodically and let you know how I get on with the CD.............if it can get me writing for myself rather than just fulfilling client assignments I shall be a happy bunny!

D

Offline sassy-oracle

• Would you like to join my three piece quartet?
    • View Profile
    • Joanne Rose Carr's Music Blog
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2007, 01:39:53 PM »
I brought this course just over a week ago and have now finished my 'blueprint.'  I can't believe how much this has helped my visualise my overal work.  Whilst it is true, this software is not aimed at fiction writers the basic principal can be used to fully plan out a work.  For me this has meant I don't have to go back and re-write things I had missed from my chapters.  Blueprinting did give me a real headache at times.  But its well worth it,
sassy-oracle
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 02:51:57 PM by sassy-oracle »
Never put off till tomorrow what could have been done today

Offline SheWritesRight

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 11, 2007, 04:13:35 AM »
I loved this course because it made me start writing and then kept me going. Unlike some who found it unhelpful for fiction, I didn't have a problem, even though I was writing a fiction book (which is now finished and published). I've even started using it on my next brilliant work of fiction.

I know the outlining and blueprinting can seem a bit teadious, but it did keep me writing and working which to me is important. I love to have direction in what I'm doing.

And when the course was finished - Ta Da! I had the first draft of my novel in my hands. It was a great feeling.

This course was also much cheaper than most of the others (less than $50 verses several hundred $$$). A true bargain.

As you can probably tell from all my postings on this topic, I am a real fan of this course.
Whenever I'm doing something else, I know I should be writing.
Whenever I'm writing, I know there are other things I should be doing.

Offline hhusted

• Harry as the Instant Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Creating Words
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2007, 01:38:23 PM »
I thought the course was great.

Thanks.

Harry

Offline asho

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2007, 02:02:43 PM »
I've just ordered my copy and I can't wait to read it and get started!  I'll let you know how I got on.  I've a million ideas and just need a bit of help getting focused and pinning things down on the page without getting overwhelmed!
Talk and write soon
AshX

Offline hhusted

• Harry as the Instant Storyteller
    • View Profile
    • Creating Words
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
The work is great. I learned a lot.

Offline Spirit Seeker

• Thoughts become things, so think yourself happy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2008, 05:48:27 PM »
Hi everyone,

I went online on saturday night to look for courses on speedwriting, to help when I'm making notes for my plots.  After around half an hour or so of searching for something useful, I was directed to the course "Write Any Book in Under 28 Days".

It wasn't what I was looking for at the time as I already have several books on "how" to write and the like, but after checking it out I decided to purchase it online and as a result I'm eagerly awaiting the postman!!!  Also, it was purchasing this product which lead me to the Writer's Circle here, so I've already benefitted before I've received it :-)

Now that I've just read the comments here reviewing the course, I'm even more excited about it's arrival as I've been an avid, unpublished writer of fiction since the age of 13 (yes I know that's a long time  ;D).  Just being a member of this site is already giving me the confidence I need to have more faith in myself and my ideas, so the course has already paid for itself and I've not even laid eyes on it yet.

I'll let you know how I get on with it.

Regards
Teresa