Author Topic: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome  (Read 72097 times)

Offline SheWritesRight

Re: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 03:58:23 AM »
Noel

Meet me in the coffee shop.  I feel we shouldn't continue this on this board.  We've got right off the subject of Nick's course, but I'm intrigued.
Whenever I'm doing something else, I know I should be writing.
Whenever I'm writing, I know there are other things I should be doing.

Offline Smart

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 06:40:01 AM »
Thanks for your input, Ruth. Very encouraging to hear. And it's great to hear you are doing so well.

As it happens I am a pretty accomplished writer already, having worked in the ad business for 25+ years and been working on various novels on and off for almost as long. I've certainly learned the hard way, but I now write confidently and am sure that publication isn't far away. In fact, having set aside the Xmas holiday to motor ahead with the last draft of my novel, i am delighted to say that I have make phenomenal progress and envisage a finished final final!! MS within weeks.

As I hit my stride so easily, I decided against buying Nick's course just yet. It might actually work against me at the moment. That said, I am keen to branch into journalism and earning supplemmentary income from writing (I'm bored with advertising these days) and I can see it could have some additional uses for me in due course, so I'm sure I'll come back to it before long.

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 04:52:17 PM »
Glad I could be of help.

You sound like an incredibly busy writing person, but like me, you probably put of your writing for years and years to do "more important things".  I'm 45 and I'm kicking myself that I let so many years go by, even though I've always loved writing, with my priiorities so screwed up.

I think it was only seeing Nick's Write Any Book course advertised that prompted me to seriously sit down and write a book.  I was never quite sure where to start but I followed the course and it worked.  At first the outlining, writing questions and doing the blueprint seemed like an unusual way to work, but it was better than my usual way of sitting with a blank pad, writng "Chapter 1" and then not knowing where to go from there.

His other course, Quick Cash Writing, was also easy to follow and although I've made a lot of money from doing it, it also made me realise that writing books is what I really want to do, although I still doing smaller project to suppliment my income along the way to being "Ruth Barringham, award-winning novelist".

Well... they say that if you plan a goal then aim high because if you aim low, that's where you'll probably end up because that's where you were trying to be.

I hope you have great success with your book (books).  Just make sure you aim high.

Offline Smart

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 06:06:50 PM »
Aiming high is good advice. I've already worked out a contingency plan for what i will do if the advance for my first novel is a) modest or b) huge. Of course it might be c) somewhere in betweeen, but there is no question in my mind that there might not be an advance.

It's great to hear you have been able to make money from your writing. This is where I have fallen down in the past when experimenting with non-fiction aside from ad copy. I alway felt I needed help to make it work, yet I wasn't able to find it. Now, perhaps I have.

I'm also getting on in years, at 48, and it's frustratiing to know you have a talent that hasn't yet reaped its rewards. But just recently I have started to feel that my time has well and truly come.

I switched careers three and a half years ago to become an EFL teacher. I love the work and the flexibility it gives me to write but it doesn't pay at all well. So anything that can help me earn cash from my writing is well worth exploring.

Then again, if that advance is huge, maybe I'll have to review my options   ;)

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 02:36:51 AM »
Of course the advance will be high!  Just keep thinking positively and I'm sure good things will come.

But Nick's Quick Cash Writing course in truly a good way to suppliment writing income during our "Blockbuster Novel Waiting Years".  When I did it I didn't do everything because not all of it was really "my bag" so I just passed over things that didn't really interest me like slogan writing and greeting card verse although I did come up with one that made me laugh - "I was going to buy you a card that was a little bit naughty, But I thought you're too old now you're 40".  But then again, maybe that's why I skipped the greeting card writing.

But the rest of it was really good that I did and I found I was submitting several things a week and once the cheques started coming in, I was hooked.

But then editors started asking me to write other articles, etc and so I stopped doing the course even though I had a note book bulging with other ideas that I'd though up along the way - but sadly I've never gotten back to it, and it was such fun just writing what I wanted instead of what I was paid to write.  But I shouldn't complain about getting work.  I was going to add that it's what I work for, but that doesn't make sense, but you know what I mean.

My husband said to me a few years ago, "For goodness sake Ruth," (because I was complaining about not having enough time to write.) "If you want to write then just do it. Forget everything else that you think you SHOULD be doing and get your writing done."  He is such a supportive man.  So I did and I've never looked back.

Now let's just watch this space and see how soon our books explode onto the market.  I'll keep my eyes and ears open for yours.

Lin

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 04:30:54 AM »
I have to say that Nick's course has helped me a lot and I keep checking it out to ensure that I am on track.   I like the way I can keep going back to it if I find myself straying.

Lin

Offline akpolarmom

« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2007, 03:47:29 AM »
Any hints on using  Nick's Course and already written material (2 NANOWRIMO "not quite there yet"  novels, amongst other things) to get a finished product faster?

Thanks,
Akpolarmom
« Last Edit: January 12, 2007, 03:49:04 AM by akpolarmom »
Still in Search of More Tools of the Craft....

Offline McWawa

« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2007, 04:11:15 PM »
I have spent hours reading through the many topics and threads within this Forum and have been well pleased to come across this one, albeit it a little late. Being someone who is dubious about all the letters of recommendation on a sales orientated websites, coming here and reading all the posting on this thread, especially those of Ruth, has been a pleasure. I am now seriously considering the course material promoted. I had read of Nick's "Write Any Book in under 28 Days" on another forum previous to coming  here yet was not convinced. Thank You.
May I go a little off-topic of the thread and enquire as to whether any Members here have purchased and are using the screenwriting material Nick promotes on his blog ?  Send a PM if this isnt the place to discuss this, or please re-direct me to a better place for this topic.

regards.
bryan
"Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?",
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #38 on: January 28, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »
Hi Bryan

I'm glad my comments were of help.  I can't recommend Nick's two courses highly enough because they've really helped me alot.  I haven't tried the script writing course but I think that if you're interested in it then I'd say buy it because it's by the same publishers, it comes with a money back guarantee and after doing the two courses I've already bought, I'd say it's a pretty good guess that the script writing course is just as good.  And you've got nothing to lose.   Nothing vetured nothing gained.

If I wanted to do scrilpt writing I would definately buy this course.

Offline McWawa

« Reply #39 on: January 28, 2007, 05:36:08 PM »
Thank You for Your reply Ruth,
What gave Your comments the greatest creedence was, in my opinion, the fact You didn't direct me to an affilaite website. Did You study copywrite at sometime or are You a born natural ?   :)
 I seem to  have read a ton of copywrite material promoting copywrite courses, written  by students of the course now on an affiliate program wishing  to make money selling the course. This made me very skeptical of internet promoted writing courses. I am of the impression sometimes that there is  more money to be made writing " How to.." and selling it than in the actual doing.
You have overcome my skepticism in this case. Thank You Ruth.

bryan
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2007, 01:28:11 AM »
Aw, shucks, Bryan,

Thanks. 

I hate to burst your bubble, but I do actually sell all 3 courses through my web site, AND I'm one of those awful affiliates that you hate.  But just so you don't think I'm all bad, on my site I only personally recommend the 2 courses of Nick's that I've used myself.  The script writing course I just plain old advertise because I don't know much about it but as I said, I figured that because the other two were good, then I have faith in this one too.

I hope I haven't discouraged you from trying the script writing course - and if you don't buy it through my website, I promise I won't hold it against you.

Offline McWawa

« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2007, 04:07:17 PM »
Thank You Ruth, and please dont get me wrong; I really do not hate affialte websites, they are a very good source of income for writers and website owners. Some copywrite though is too overt and one tires of reading the same ploys to direct me to sign  up. Copied copywrite etc..
 I was impressed that You didn't refer me to a  website and I am sure that Your experience of this Course and it's benefits to You very genuine. If/when i purchase I will use any link from Your site, because Your advice has been helpful. Kindest Regards. (sorry if my diction is not to good tonight, I'm exhausted)
Bryan.
Axel Oxenstierna

Offline SheWritesRight

« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2007, 01:10:38 AM »
No harm, no foul.

No worries.

Hope your book gets written soon. (perhaps in 28 days or less)  ;D

Offline DW Adkins

• For Gods Sake Just Do It!
« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2007, 09:48:25 PM »
Aloha all,

If you don't know what that means well I'm living in Maui Hawaii, And it means hello or goodbye..but mostly hello. Any-who  I bought Nicks 28 days to bliss. It mostly stated what I already knew from reading and not doing. But it did put into outline what I should be doing to write a book. So, yeah, its worth the bucks. I bought another program writeitnow. which helps even more. Nicks only downfall in his course that I can see is for fiction writers. Damn we actually have to think of what to write. However that out of the way, with the help of the two I'm on my way. I have gotten one of my short stories published and paid for (thank you with a bow) before I started this course. Now outlining 20 to 32 chapters is not easy. But I go on its a yank type of thing. I have outlined my characters bio's...funny Nick gave me the idea of the main character in my mystery ....it's character that writes HOW to books but never really has done anything...I don't mean this badly..what I mean is Nick said he wrote a how to book on touring different parts of Europe and yet had never been there. I thought this would be a great mystery solver all this information yet has never done anything...so I gave him a woman that would push him...new idea there e?... to solve before he became a victim. Oh well thought it would be fun to blurb this out....and if feathers are ruffled turn them into a quill and write.
Aloha DW
One positive thing about rejection slips---You can burn them in the winter to keep warm, as long as you keep submitting new work!
DW Adkins

Offline paramour

• My name is Pinky!
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2007, 06:13:12 PM »
LOVE THIS COURSE!!!

Seriously. I feel I made a good investment with this course. Thanks, Nick! :)
~paramour.