Author Topic: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome  (Read 72087 times)

Lin

"Write Any Book in Under 28 Days" is actually supplied on CD rather than as an instant download. The course takes you through every stage of writing a book, from coming up with an idea to marketing the finished manuscript. At its heart is my unique five-step method for outlining and blueprinting your book, which aims to fulfil the promise of getting the whole book written in 28 days or less. More info at http://www.writequickly.com/

"Quick Cash Writing" is the companion course to the above, and it is available as an instant download. It covers a wide range of shorter writing projects, from fillers and readers' letters to articles and short stories. It also covers more unusual outlets, such as producing contest slogans, greeting cards, and even ideas for TV shows and movies! More info at http://www.quickcashwriting.com/
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:21:26 AM by Lin »

Lin

Re: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2006, 02:50:35 AM »
To all Members,

Please feel free to comment on Nick's course here, I am sure he would be pleased to hear some positive feedback. 

Lin
« Last Edit: March 17, 2006, 04:23:02 AM by Lin »

Offline karlmoore

• Esteemed Contributor
    • Karl Moore.com
Re: Write Any Book in under 28 Days -- Nick Daws - Comments Welcome
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2006, 07:39:45 AM »
You can find many testimonials for Nick's book at http://www.writequickly.com/author/testimonials.aspx

They're all totally genuine and many are by members who subsequently joined this forum, or authors who have already been published many times.

Regards,

Karl

Offline KarinaB

• People Search
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:41:25 AM »
I obtained this course with additional print out a couple of years ago.
I read through the print out once, took in some useful advice, then lost it
I feel sure that I loaned it to someone but can't remember who. I've turned my study over but have never found it. Now I really need it!
Keep meaning to load the CD but haven't got around to it and much prefer working from a printed source. Anyone have a spare one that they have finished with?

Lin

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 09:19:53 AM »
Ive sent you an e-mail Karina

Lin

Offline Linda Aitchison

• A little bit about me x
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 01:05:16 PM »
I bought the Quick Cash Writing and was inspired by it. Though I already had a career behind me in senior positions in the media and am, touch wood, very busy, I was really impressed by the scope of information included, specifically on overseas markets etc. I'd happily recommend it to anyone. There is so much rubbish written that is supposed to inform and educate would-be writers that it was great to actually see some sound advice from someone who had made a genuine success of a writing career. :) 
<a href="http://www.freelancewritingtips.com">"Currently updating and adding to my book on freelance writing</a>

Offline litsa

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 08:01:39 AM »
Hi to all from Athens Greece,
The weather has been great for the last two days.
I bought the course maybe three months ago now, and although it is not in my native language Greek, I still found it very useful and practical, particularly as I have a very busy schedule.
I wish we had some greek courses like that, for new writers, but we don't
I have now subscribed to the quick cash mini course and I shall revert when I had a look through it.

Crazy thought.... Would you be considering Nick and the others that it will be good for the course or courses to be translated and marketed to non english speaking markets????

litsa

Offline noelgama

• Between the Sword and the Pen... are the words!
    • HR Writing For The 21st Century
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 03:44:11 AM »
Finished the course last evening. Excellent idea ie the way one should proceed with writing a book. Most suited to non-fiction. Wish it were either Mac compatible or on PDF format and not so UK/US-specific in the examples used for illustration.
Also wish he had reviewed some writing softwares in the end.

Noel
India
Author, "Culture Wise INDIA" (Survival Books, UK) & "Writer of the Year 2007" of Writers Bureau, UK

Offline Lanista

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2006, 10:49:49 AM »
I have ordered the course - it arrived, and unfortunately was the wrong one (which didn't work anyway). That said, the suppliers were full of apologies and quick to promise another cd.

Anyway, it's my plan to follow this  course to the letter and see if its possible -and I'm sure it is.

I have the premise. I have the idea. I even have some key scenes mapped out in my mind...so - I want to use the course to get all this out and see.

I'll try to keep a diary here of how it all goes.

cheers

L

Offline lawrenc3

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006, 11:15:00 PM »
I have the electronic version of the course but is there any way to get a print copy.  It has been a while since I went through the course and I never implemented any of the techniques.  I am wanting to go through it again but it is so hard to sit at the computer and read it and not be able to make notes on it or anything.  I don't remember seeing an option for that and it is impossible to print from the computer.  It goes all weird and prints the color with it using a lot of ink so I stopped after the first couple pages.

Offline noelgama

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006, 12:04:08 AM »
I too prefer good old paper to a screen.

If I remember correctly, I used 'Control + P' to print

But you will have to print one page at a time.

Another thing, the Right margin gets a bit 'eaten' out:)

Noel

Author, "Culture Wise INDIA" (Survival Books, UK) & "Writer of the Year 2007" of Writers Bureau, UK

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2006, 08:01:19 AM »
I go the CD copy and went through it about half way - but let life get in the way.  Then my PC crashed and I have the CD but can't load it on without a code (need to sort).  I found that it was all good advice, and the method certainly workable, but my own style wanted to run away and write before doing everything recommended - so though I think the course is excellent, it will work best for those who have a writing and working style that match the process in the programme. 

I've actually made more progress in my writing through this site, which is interesting.  I'm a 'team player' and I guess they don't make great 'lonely authors'....

Carrie

Offline Lanista

« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2006, 09:26:58 AM »
I'm half way through the course, and just getting started on mapping my plot. I've done the exercises thus far, and they seem to work as promised.

One person did note earlier on that it's more suited to non-fiction than fiction, and I'd tend to agree with that assessment on what i've done so far.

It's an intriguing idea, and I'd guess that you can do what it says on the tin, though I think a fiction work would take longer. Then again, I've not tried writing the "Nick Daws way" before, and its a new approach. Practice makes perfect, I imagine.

Cheers
L

Offline Matt Walker

« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2006, 09:40:06 AM »
I'd recommend it. Many of the techniques are useful, though some are only really orientated at non-fiction.
Represented by Sarah Manning of The Agency Group/United Talent Agency

www.walkerproductions.co.uk

Offline noelgama

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2006, 03:15:38 AM »
I found a good companion for this book: Writing Non-fiction - Turning Thoughts into Books by Dan Poynter. It complements & supplements 28 days.

Noel