Author Topic: I'm moody  (Read 4752 times)

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
I'm moody
« on: April 29, 2007, 05:19:06 PM »
I just had to inform everybody that I am a moody cow and I get my moodiness and lack of social skills from my dad, and my impractical, nonsensical thoughts from my mom... ok i've admitted to it now..

what traits have u inherited from your family members?

Offline Allie

Re: I'm moody
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 03:54:08 AM »
I inherited writing, bossiness, eternal optimism, a warrior-like nature and a never-say-die attitude from my mother, and blue eyes, love of sport, and probably alcoholism from my father (which is why I've never touched a drop - I just know I'd be finished if I did.)

Offline thatollie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 03:58:44 AM »
I've inherited an innate ability to be silly from somewhere. I don't think I've got much of my parents mentalities.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Fiona

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2007, 12:28:14 PM »
Daydreaming from my mum, pig headed stubbornness from my dad. Being neurotic from my mum's side of the family. Erm...

yeah, I have an innate silliness gene as well. :D
Ribbit.

HT_Llewellyn

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2007, 12:49:44 PM »
I inherited a love of art from both of my parents, I inherited my dad's hair(except mine is not quite as dark and is less curly). I also got my dad's chin(which is a good thing) and, I think, his eyes. I don't remember whose feet I have. I got my sense of humour from both of them(and then I added onto it over the years), and I got my love of adventure from my dad, mostly, and the love of all things supernatural from both of them. There's probably other things that I've forgotten.

Those physical traits were probably unnecessary, but oh well. I couldn't resist.

Offline Lina

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 08:44:20 PM »
I inherited my fair, easily-burnt skin and my blue eyes from my Dad, grey hair and face shape from my Mum. I look facially like both of them. I see some of my Mum's mannerisms in myself. They are both dead now but I remember them so easily - especially their voices.

As for personality, I just don't know.

Offline Alex F

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 06:18:05 AM »
Heavens knows. I was adopted into my family so there are probably characteristics from my 'birth' parents that I have without knowing it, however I have adopted my parents calm and non argumentative characters (though my brother also adopted, hasn't, odd that) and somewhat practical approach to things even though they are not writers in any sense and I'm the creative one like that in our family, it just makes my work quite structured and logical in how I go about expressing it.
"Hell? There is no heaven, there is no hell, there is only this place, the land of the dead, my friend..."

Leigh

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2007, 04:46:59 PM »
My mother's facial structure (cheekbones, lips, etc), and my father's hazel eyes, and patient nature. (slow to anger.)

Offline Fiona

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2007, 02:07:37 PM »
Well, my physical features...

My dark brown eyes apparently come from my grandfather on mum's side. I'm 1/4 burmese so I don't have white skin - kinda looks like I have a tan actually. People either think I come from Spain/Greece or I'm just tanned, all year roung which is great.

Hair I get - hmm. Mum's fair, dad had black hair (he is burmese-irish) I don't really have a burmse/asian look. Facial feature - I think i've taken from my English/irish side. Dad looks a lot like his father, who was irish (heritage, not birth - grandad was born in India). The only burmeseness about me is probably the fact that I'm not white - but not quite asian looking either, hense why people always ask me of I'm from Spain/Italy or Greece. People were always surprised in Greece that I wasn't Greek. Usually they spoke to you in English if they could tell you were a tourist. Nope, I looked like a native Greek person.

I don't think I look massively like either of my parents, really. I don't think you could really tell that I'm related to them, although apparently I do look like my brother Jonny when he was young and I have some similarities to my sister, Chrissy. They're only half-siblings though from my dad's first marriage. They look a lot more burmese as their mother I think is pure burmese.
Ribbit.

Offline Lina

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2007, 08:03:02 PM »
Burmese? Fiona, you sound like a cat.That's meant as a compliment.  :)
I inherited my spelling ability from my mum. (I'd better watch my spelling on here, from now on.) I'm still thinking about what personality traits I inherited. I don't know who I got my tendency to procrastinate or my negativity from if either. I just wish I didn't have them.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2007, 08:19:33 PM »
I'm going to give up procrastination - Tomorrow.

I'm also still trying to figure out where my characteristics came from.  I think most of them came from both parents, albeit in slightly different forms, so I've 'bred true to type'.  I'll probably let you know if i ever figure it out.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Lina

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2007, 08:55:15 PM »
I'm starting to think of all my siblings and their characteristics and compare them to my parents'. I've used parts of my father's character as inspiration for a character for a script I had to write for my creative writing class. He was such a character that I knew that I would 'borrow' him some day.

I've just realised - I've inherited my cynicism from him.

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2007, 05:02:06 AM »
When I was younger, and my mother was angry with me, she'd say, "You're just like your father!".  Similarly, whenever my Dad was angry with me, he'd say "You're just like your mother!".  This always confused me, as there are no two more different people on the face of the planet, and I don't see how I can be just like both of them.

I think, from my father I got a generally happy-go-lucky attitude and an ability to take most things in my stride.  From my mother, I got the tendency to worry about things obsessively.  From my Dad, I got the inability to refuse any offer of an olive branch; from my mother, the need for the olive branch in the first place.  From my mother, I got sensitivity and an acute attention to detail; from my Dad, the tendency to open mouth and say terribly blunt and stupid things without thinking about their potential impact first (using the sensitivity and attention to detail to rebuke myself for the stupid words later ;) ).  From my mother, and appreciation of quality;  from my Dad, delight that we're here to enjoy life at all, nevermind if the sheets aren't always made of silk.  Both parents would tell me that I'm terribly stubborn, and yet my friends (who probably know me a lot better, to be fair) always say exactly the opposite.  I don't feel stubborn, so I think the two of them are wrong on that one (i'm sure there's an irony in there somewhere).  From my Dad, an almost pathological inability to tell a lie;  from my mother, an insane belief that things that aren't said aren't really lies;  from my Dad again, an almost pathological inability to resist saying such things anyway ;)

From both, a completely contradictory and split personality it would seem ;) 
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline Flossie

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2007, 05:58:55 AM »
I got eavesdropping from my Mother, oh and my conspiracy theory abilities.

From my Father, I got my superiority complex and raging self doubt.

Luckily, from my marriage, I got a man who tells me to mind my own business, stop worrying and makes me realise that not everything is about me. ;D

Offline Melita

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 06:50:36 AM »
I think looks-wise, I got a good deal. Have inherited the good bits from both parents (i.e. I didn't get my mum's wonky nose, but I did get her cheekbones :D).

From my dad: the absolute inability to get angry or shout, self-sufficiency, tendencies towards the monsyllabic when speaking, love of making up stupid words and phrases, instinctive need to read anything that's under my nose, being incredibly private people. I was gonna say a love of nature too, but that's probably more nurture than nature.

From my mum: tenacity, I guess, creativity, the way of standing she has, like a pigeon, toes outwards, that I hate and yet I do it too. Can't think of anything else, maybe we're not as similar as I'd thought...