Poll

Which Title do you prefar?

Seven Steps To Success- How To Set And Achieve Your Goals
8 (72.7%)
Seven Steps To Success- How To Achieve Your Goals
3 (27.3%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Vote your favourite Book Title  (Read 3172 times)

Zoe

Vote your favourite Book Title
« on: April 24, 2007, 08:19:25 AM »
Hello,

who is willing to assist me in  making a descision on my book titles?

Here are the two final options, you can poll above too if you are in a rush  :)

Seven Steps To Success - How To Set And Achieve Your Goals

Seven Steps To Success - How To Achieve Your Goals
In the second title I omit the word set and get to the point :-)

What do you prefar? Feedback?

Zoe

P/S what comes to your mind when you read this title,

"Out Of Africa- My Journey To Faith" ? Would you be curious about such a book?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 08:51:53 AM by Zoe »

Offline Lysianassa

• Myself and Gypsy
Re: Vote your favourite Book Title
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »
I prefer the second title rather than the first.

Regarding the Out Of Africa- My Journey To Faith, the first part I liked, the second bit I didn't. It doesn't sound right to me. (sorry). Would i be curious about such a book? Only if you had a large section on Nigeria (and that's only where one third of my family is from!)  ;D
My head is longer my own - I am furious. When will my torment end?... If anybody is frustrated or unhappy in this lycee, it is me! They will make me lose my head  - Jean-Francois Champolloin

SuzieHarris

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 09:20:24 AM »
Hiya, Zoe,

Seven Steps To Success - How To Set And Achieve Your Goals

I voted for that title. Part of the problem with goals is knowing how-to-set-them. So, it got my vote.

With reference to the "Out Of Africa- My Journey To Faith" I agree with Lysianassa, i'm not keen. I would have written something like: Out Of Africa- Finding Faith". But that's just my opinion  ;D

Suzie x

Offline wildlegends

• Nigel Edwards, founder of Let's Get Published
    • Let's Get Published
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 04:31:44 AM »
Difficult - both have good points.

On balance I prefer the second. It's shorter, more concise, and would look better on a book cover. Of course, there probably isn't a correct answer!  ::)

Offline Smiley

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 07:59:18 AM »
Hi Zoe,

I would go for Seven Steps To Success - How To Set And Achieve Your Goals

and as for 'Out of Africa - My journey to faith' - I would definately be curious about this as I'm very interested in reading about other people's spiritual journeys (I'm still drifting without a rudder at the moment :-\). I suppose it all depends on targeting the correct audience for your book, but yes, I'd definately go for it - in fact, you have your first customer here when it comes out.  ;)

Smiley x  :)
Smiles make the world a happier place, share yours with a stranger it could make their day.

Zoe

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 10:58:52 AM »
Hi everyone,

thanks for your posts, just want to let you know I am not  watching this passively- got abit of work at my store (run a small Gift & Bookshop and have 5 years annivarsary)
Practicing my books principles ;) gotta take care of the work goals first but will be back onboard soon. But... I have you on my rader. ;)
Smiley, I think my book can help you... details later.

Zoe

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 12:08:35 PM »
Definately prefer the second title, as it shorter and more snappy. The first one for me is just too long. As for the Out of Africa title - the first part sounds good, but the second part about journey to faith does not appeal to me at all, as it makes it sound like a Christian book.

June
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline paramour

• My name is Pinky!
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 06:06:24 PM »
I like the second title because of the rhythm of it. I like the "set" part of achieving goals as well.

I have to agree with June on "Out of Africa." You might want to find a different word for "faith."

It also raises other questions for me: Are you coming out of Africa to find faith? Or are you bring the faith with you when you leave?

~paramour.

Offline Simon

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 09:03:55 PM »
Isn't "Out of Africa" already a popular movie? I would maybe be interested in a book with that title, it sounds a little Oprahatic for my taste.

Offline paramour

• My name is Pinky!
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 01:05:05 PM »
Ya...it is the title of a movie. hmmmmm.....
~paramour.

Zoe

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »
Hi every one,

just want to thank you all for your helpful vote. The verdict is in, 7 Steps To Success How To Set And Achieve Your Goals is due before 25.06 which is good timing, i intend to give myself my own first book as a birthday present :-)

Sorry havent been here much but had a plate ful designing my website and now with www.zoegospel.com up and running and the book in the delivery room i have abit of breathing space to catch up.

Do visit me online otherwise, all the best. Remember keep writing, the world is waiting for your book.
Zoe ;)