Author Topic: article - The World Collides With A Pebble  (Read 1773 times)

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
article - The World Collides With A Pebble
« on: April 13, 2007, 06:54:29 PM »
This is the opening intro to a blog article for a magazine.. It's meant to be..let's say original.. I use metaphors basically to create a story which will unfold and make more sense in the end..hopefully!  Let me know what you think please? Does it make you want to read more, or do you lose interest?

Here goes:

I am sleep deprived and my eyes are tired. My brain wills me to sleep in order for me to encounter dreams and mystical beings that lay dormant in my mind. Yet I do not sleep. Instead, I am here typing at my computer, and I am talking to you.

Thus the world collides with a pebble. The pebble is my id and the world is my ego. Each pursues its own objectives, but together they provide harmony. My ego is thrashing away at my inaudible id - although silent, it screams with its unsurpassed power. My ego is ultimately aggravated by my id's desires.

Come by next week to find out the details, and whether my ego rediscovered itself after my id threw the notion of a superego in its face.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:19:29 PM by lorraineofkeli »

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
Re: article
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 06:59:09 PM »
I'd probably read on ;-)

A couple of things though.

1)  My ego is ultimately aggravated by? my id's desires

2)  after my id threw the notion of a superego (its = in?) its face

Gyppo
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:05:08 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline "lorraineofkeli"

• The World Is Yours!
Re: article - The World Collides With A Pebble
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 07:19:58 PM »
True true  Gyppo...now corrected.. thank you :)