Author Topic: Uk Writer Needed ASAP  (Read 4223 times)

SuzieHarris

Uk Writer Needed ASAP
« on: January 11, 2006, 06:20:43 AM »
Hi guys,

I am looking for a UK writer who is willing to write a book for a family that has suffered the devastation of brain injury.
The story starts when the son was 9 years old and fell off a factory roof. Now, he is 26 and almost back to 'normal'. However, the way the family has been treated is disgusting, and they want to make people aware of brain injury and the way the 'system' works in a book. They have 16 years of paperwork for you to write from, along with their own stories, diaries and videos. The charity, Headway, is also involved and may write the foreword to the book for you.

The catch is that the book can only be written by someone who is willing to be paid a % of royalties, should a publisher pick it up. I can give advice on this when the time arrives. As you can imagine the family live on benefits and cannot afford to pay a huge amount upfront. The family would like someone close to Yorkshire so that they can meet upto discuss progress etc. but anyone with a reliable Internet connection could do it.

I know it's a tall order, but it would be a great portfolio filler and an excellent start.

If anyone is interested, conctact me and i'll fill you in and give you the contact details.

Suzie x

Offline itsmehere

Re: Uk Writer Needed ASAP
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 08:33:09 AM »
Hi Suzie

I'd be interested in getting some more info on the project.

regards

Barry

Offline GaryHibberd

Re: Uk Writer Needed ASAP
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 10:09:25 AM »
I would be interested in hearing more about the project too. 

I'm based in Yorkshire (Leeds) so monitoring the progress of the story wouldn't be a problem.

Please feel free to drop me a line at GaryHibberd@Hotmail.com if you would like to discuss further.

I look forward to hearing from you soon... and good luck with this project.  Sounds interesting. :)

Gary.