Author Topic: my friend John  (Read 2975 times)

Offline John Yamrus

my friend John
« on: June 13, 2008, 08:16:24 AM »
my friend John

of Sam McGee.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 09:26:49 AM by John Yamrus »
Since 1970 John's published 2 novels, 18 books of poetry, and had more than 1,300 poems published in mags around the world.   His new book, (his 20TH) called CAN'T STOP NOW! is available here:

http://www.epicrites.org/

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
Re: my friend John
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 09:26:01 AM »
I like this one a lot John. This probably isn't the kind of comment a man wants to hear, but I found it very touching, very sweet :)
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 10:13:37 AM »
If this poem is a statement of fact, and I have no reason to believe it's not, then my condolences.

I like this one a lot John. This probably isn't the kind of comment a man wants to hear, but I found it very touching, very sweet :)

Why Sat? ... we guys have feelings too, well portrayed in this particular case, and if you felt them John has achieved his objective.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 10:53:28 AM by Big T »
Big T  :o

Offline Akeith (Gray)

• Waiting for a drink...
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2008, 10:31:37 AM »
John:
Very moving indeed. I like your style.  I can see that I will have to run out and find copies of your other writings.

Gray

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2008, 10:32:38 AM »
BigT: this is a consequence of my "blurt before think" condition (you'd think I could avoid it on the internet, where I have a chance to think more carefully before posting, but unfortunately this is not the case).

I was very worried about saying the wrong thing, but wanted to acknowledged that this one really touched me. the more I deliberated over what to say, the more possible misinterpretations came up (eg "Well, John wasn't the type who would have liked to be called sweet" etc) - so, in trying to be cover possible faux-pas, I made a faux pas :(

Sorry - this one did touch me. I thought it was a lovely portrait of a man, a very real person, and made me think he was the sort of person I would have liked to have met.
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline eric

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 01:34:16 PM »
I am aware of that double-down faux pas myself.  But don't worry, Sat, real men don't in the least mind being fawned over by beautiful women, even when the subject is male sensitivity. 

John, this is my favorite poem of yours.  Thanks for posting it.

Offline John Yamrus

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 04:08:07 PM »
thanks to everyone...i'm glad this was well recieved.
john
Since 1970 John's published 2 novels, 18 books of poetry, and had more than 1,300 poems published in mags around the world.   His new book, (his 20TH) called CAN'T STOP NOW! is available here:

http://www.epicrites.org/

Orpheus

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2008, 05:03:52 AM »
Hi John
 From time to time, I check the poetry section, although I still think a stanza is a foreign car. This is the best poem I've read. Not because I have any technical understanding of poetry but simply because I feel the emotion you are trying to convey. It really works.