Author Topic: writing and publishing e-books  (Read 2873 times)

Offline alex

writing and publishing e-books
« on: March 08, 2006, 06:25:57 PM »
Hello everyone,

instead of the "traditional" method of publishing(find agent/publisher) I was thinking of e-publish my book.
Does anyone have ideas on this subject??

I 've read about a book called "How to write and publish an e-book in as little as 7 days" by Joe Vitale and Jim Edwards, has anyone read it/heard about it??
any good??scam?? please advise

ta x
Alex   ;)

Offline DCSchreibt

• Newbie-Writers
Re: writing and publishing e-books
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2006, 08:42:55 AM »
Hi Alex,

I used that e-book to help me write the Newbie-Writer's Resource Book, and yes, I did write it in seven days. So, yes, it does work.

BTW, I also used Nick's book "How to write any book in 28 days" for a non-fiction book I've written. 

Both were very useful in organising my ideas and makiing me actually sit down and write.

Hope this helps :)
Just Write Something!

Offline alex

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2006, 01:34:54 PM »
Hi DCSchreibt,

ta. It's always reassuring when you are not the only who has ever heard of one product!!!
what's the title of your e-book??

ta Alex :)

Offline DCSchreibt

• Newbie-Writers
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2006, 01:53:09 PM »
Hi Alex,

It's called "The Newbie Writer's Resource Book" - it's a free giveaway at my website www.newbie-writers.com.

What are you thinking of writing about?
Just Write Something!

katinka

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »
As far as getting published there is book surge by Amazon. The package is $495 after editing.
The editing is $900 if you have that to throw around or edit your own.
If I don't find an agent or publisher I will go there for my first book just to see it in print and say I have onbe published book. Some said "LULU" in one of the posts.
kat

Offline alex

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 05:20:01 AM »
DCS,Katinka

thanks for reply. I am writing a novel about life choices,internal conflict between security and settling in for fear of unknown and failure against pursuing your dreams, even if it means failure. In the novel the main character struggles between the two and escapes the hundrum of ordinary life with her dreams, which become her "drug/addiction", she escapes into a world where she and her life are what she really wants and needs but too afraid to try.

what do you think?? ???
x Alex

katinka

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2006, 09:49:43 AM »
You are describing me to a tee ::)

Offline alex

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2006, 09:57:33 AM »
Katinka,

in the novel gets she gets fixated on a character of a television programme and dreams about him more and more until she loses touch with the people around her (the dreams are the saucy bits in the novel) too late.....and then it's too late.......

:o x Alex

katinka

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2006, 01:49:42 PM »
Sounds interesting, send us the beginning when you get it together, first sentences, paragraphs or chapters seem to be what pulls you in, see if you can pull us in to your story. Good luck
kat