Author Topic: Earn some extra cash here  (Read 3527 times)

SuzieHarris

Earn some extra cash here
« on: January 09, 2006, 06:20:22 AM »
Hi guys,

her is a website that paysyou depending on the number of people who view your work. It's royalty based, but every bit helps, right?

http://www.shvoong.com/portfolio/sign-in/

Read all about it on this link, then click to sign up!

Suzie x

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Earn some extra cash here
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 06:53:51 AM »
Hmm. Interesting. The work actually involves summarizing books, scientific papers, websites, and so on. It's not a place to post your unpublished articles or short stories!

The income derives from Google AdSense and other pay-per-click advertising on the site. This will presumably be split three ways - Google, the website itself, and finally the author, so I wouldn't expect to make a fortune from it.

On the other hand, if you enjoy writing book reviews and such like, it may be worth a shot. My top tip would be to review current best-sellers, as this is the type of book most readers (relatively speaking) will be interested in.

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 07:42:00 AM »
Sorry, Nick,

I didn't make it clear that it's to write reveiws, not post your work. My apologies.
However, by writing some reviews of books, as Nick suggests, there is a small income to be made - and we all read, right?

Suzie x

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • View Profile
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
Hi Suzie, This looks like an interisting site. I signed up. I'll let everyone know what transpires as time goes by..  :)Aelf