Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 428765 times)

Offline rewh2oman

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #90 on: May 22, 2007, 04:23:15 PM »
I second, or even third all the things said about Nadine.

Ditto !   ;D

Nadine L

« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2007, 06:07:40 PM »
Whew, um...not sure what to say...I'm humbled...I hope to be the person you think I am...er...snif...incredible good timing...I love you guys...I'm honored...a bit embarrased...(blush)...ah...thank you...group hug.

Okay, back to writing guys...

Nadine
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:14:18 PM by Nadine L »

Nadine L

« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2007, 06:28:44 PM »
Congratulations on the new books, June. That was very fast service. I'm impressed. Please post a link to that company again. Can't wait to see your new photos. Send me the link when it is up.

Thanks for the book. I'll treasure it.

Here is June seeing her book for the first time...I love these photos: http://www.juneaustin.co.uk/grandunveiling.html

Nadine
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:19:36 PM by Nadine L »

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #93 on: May 23, 2007, 02:33:28 AM »
Publishers name is AuthorsOnLine Ltd (this is the correct spelling - capital O and L) - web address www.authorsonline.co.uk - they have some good offers at the moment for anyone considering POD - and can distribute to the US as well - so good for both UK and US authors !

And I am really embarassed about the state of my hair in those pictures though, I had just got out the shower and washed it, and just left it to hang like rats tails. Actually have deleted that page from my site now (or thought I had), so not sure how that link manages to work, wo will have to investigate. Will have new pics to put up there soon though anyway ...

June   
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 02:35:32 AM by Talisman »
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2007, 08:00:42 AM »
Way to go Suzie!

Have to say though...
to write the scripts for a new 5 week TV reality show

If you are going to write the script, it won't be reality, will it?  ;D

Nadine - no words.  Just thoughts.

Carrie

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #95 on: May 25, 2007, 05:03:13 PM »
Guys - just found the time to relax and read this thread properly. Wanted to say how inspiring it is! Many congratulations on your fab successes - I'm sure this thread is going to grow and grow and grow.

Well done, everyone. It's exciting, the excitement is contagious and I'm hoping your talents and successes are, too  ;D ;D

Symphony

Offline sellit

« Reply #96 on: May 27, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
Returned from a conference with wonderful news. I won 1st place for an article entered in the conference contest.
Met a publisher who wants to look at my book and talked with an agent who took my manuscript.

I'm still floating! I might have spent months doing queries and been rejected many times. The face to face at the conference really paid off, especially since this publisher will only accept agented manuscripts.

The article win got another agent interested in me so he has taken the article to show some of his clients who may want my articles.

So... if you have a chance the conferences can pay off. Plus I learned a great deal from the classes I attended, of course.

Now, time to polish the novel and send it out. Back to work!!

Nadine L

« Reply #97 on: May 27, 2007, 05:15:39 PM »
Oh wow, Sellit. That is great news! You must be dancing on air. Congratulations!  ;D

Nadine

Offline Nigel4Christ

« Reply #98 on: May 27, 2007, 06:36:20 PM »
Hi There,

Just come across a segment where members "boast" of their successes. I must say that I am really impressed with the progress you guys have made. In particular, I will like to congratulate Suzie for the job she is doing. How has she been able to get all these commissions? I am dying to know the secret of her success.

As I have indicated, I have discovered that this is what I want to do simply because I enjoy doing it. Sometimes, I must confess that I do not feel like writing at all even though I am fully aware that the only way I can get to the summit is by writing. At the moment, I am researching into the market for the kind of genre, if you like, that I like to write in. I am still to get to that level. I am glad I am among you.

Since August of last year, I have been consistently writing for INFUSE, which is a magazine published by the church of God in Texas. I have had four articles published already. Although I am not receiving any fee for writing, I find  great satisfaction in finding my works published and more especially, know that my work is been read by thousands of people if not millions and they are getting blessed. That for me is the ultimate. I however want to get to the stage where I can get contracts just like Suzie to write good and well researched articles and features for magazines and other such publications.

Well, this is by far, what I have been able to do. Cheers!!!!!!!!!

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2007, 03:42:36 PM »
My copy of Nexus arrived this morning, and I finally got to see that review. It will hopefully result in some more sales. In fact, when I got home from shopping earlier this afternoon, I found an order waiting for me from amazon (I sell signed copies via them as well as my own site), so when I email to confirm the order, will ask where they heard of me !

I went into Waterstones in Epsom yesterday as well, and I was very pleased to see just one copy on the shelves. I was even more happy when I spoke to the sales staff and was told that someone had come in and actually asked for the book by name ... I emailed the manager then and he has ordered some more copies of the new and updated edition, which I am very pleased about ....

Here then is that review.

"In combining her knowledge of pre and ancient history with mythology and spiritual philosophy, Surrey-based Reiki Master and crystal therapist June Austin speculates in Genesis of Man on who we are, where we came from and where we're heading.

Austin presents evidence for an alternative celestial heritage where the first humans were seeded by extraterrestrial 'gods' who returned from time to time to insttruct the fledgling homo sapiens. Information about the solar system, for instance - as can be seen in ancient clay seals - was passed on by the Nephilim, part angelic souls from another world, Nibiru, to the ancient people who civlisation seemed to 'spring from nowhere', as did that of the Egyptians, the Maya, and perhaps even the Atlanteans. However, some of what Austin suggests about civlisations of prehistory and other matters is sourced from the realm of channelling, which can't be considered reliable.

Nor can more recent records in the Gospels be considered 'gospel truth', and Austin admits this, relating examples of inconsistencies between these four books, ye she devotes many pages to alternative takes on what are undoubtedly forged holy books but coded with esoetic messages. Influenced by the famous 'Course in Miracles', Austin makes the case for our being souls interconnected  with the Divine source, our role in this world being to learn to balance the light and the dark within ourselves. The more aware we are of our Divine heritage, the more connected we are with humanity as a whole and the more able we are to exercise forgiveness and compassion to our fellow man. The way home comes by getting in touch with the silence within, not by blind faith in a priesthood or religious buildings and ceremonies. (I'd have liked to have seen a closing chapter that draws all these threads together, but maybe that's in the second edition that's being printed as we go to press.)"

Overall then, I think that all in all, that's a pretty good review.

June   
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #100 on: June 06, 2007, 02:55:26 PM »
'Tis a small thing, but 'tis my very own.

I sit here at my newly resurrected computer wearing a happy little smile because my short tale 'Processionary' is now up for all to see in Issue 247 of Bewildering Stories.  Basking in that warm glow that starts with acceptance but only really blooms when you see your own work in print/on-line.

Some of you will have seen it before but if you want to check it out visit www.bewilderingstories.com where you will find it listed under my 'Sunday Name' of John Craggs.  (And whilst you're looking at it bear in mind it wouldn't have existed without one of Crystal Wizard's little prompts to trigger my muse.  There are a lot of little muse-nudgers in this circle, some deliberate and some probably quite inadvertent.)

But despite 'going public' above I'm happier being 'Gyppo' on-line, so please don't all suddenly feel the need to call me John.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #101 on: June 06, 2007, 03:54:02 PM »
Gyppo,

What a beautifully written story, very evocative.

The repeated first para at the end really tied the whole thing together.

LOVED these two lines:

...a shallow trace left by countless feet over many millennia, but often with a century or more between visits.

A timeless ritual which was blurring as she aged, sometimes fancying that they stood still and the world spun slowly beneath them.

Nice one - you go right ahead and 'bask' :-*
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #102 on: June 06, 2007, 04:08:13 PM »
Cathy.

That identical first and last para were Crystal's prompt, issued with the challenge to write something which would fill the gap between them.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Cathy C

« Reply #103 on: June 06, 2007, 04:09:46 PM »
Well it worked! Beautifully ;D

Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Offline Cathy C

« Reply #104 on: June 06, 2007, 10:58:04 PM »
Finally, finally, I’ve some good news of my own that I’d like to share with you all.

I’ve just won a short story competition – not a big one – just my local radio station in conjunction with Eason.

There were 5 categories: General Fiction, Romance, Humour, True Life and Young Writer...

Needless to say I didn’t win the ‘young writer’ :P, but I did win the Humour one, for a story I posted here a while back about the trials and tribulations of giving up smoking.

I received a lovely glass trophy, beautifully presented in a huge box with blue silk lining *swoon* and £100 in Eason vouchers. *double swoon* (now I can buy that Stephen King book - “On writing” - that I’ve been salivating over ever since someone recommended it on here ;D)

But more than that... to actually have someone, (other than my family and friends) tell me that they liked my work, well... at the moment I’m floating about six feet off the ground. ;D  ;D  ;D

So, to everyone out there – don’t give up. If I can do it, anyone can.