Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 409413 times)

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #1530 on: November 30, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
Well done, Gyppo. You can almost hear the hum of the tires on the wet asphalt.
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1531 on: December 01, 2011, 07:30:10 AM »
One of the big replies I've been waiting for finally came. Although my story was not accepted by Allegory Magazine, it will get an
honorable mention. Sucks not getting in and having to find a new market for the story now, but I'll take it over a rejection any day.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline A.W.M

« Reply #1532 on: December 01, 2011, 09:20:59 AM »
Sorry to hear, Joe, but I agree,  an honorable mention is nothing to sneeze at.  I'm  Sure you will find a home for your story in no time.  Good luck.
Most people live and die
with their music still unplayed.
They never dare to try.

~ Mary Kay Ash

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #1533 on: December 01, 2011, 09:41:40 AM »
It'll find a slot somewhere else. ;)

Offline Annmarie

• Got my kinky boots on. Watch out!
« Reply #1534 on: December 01, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »
Great looking article, Gyppo! I know what you mean about loving to see your work in a magazine spread. It's just classy. Congrats.

Congrats to everyone else, too.

And Joe, who said each rejection is one step closer to an acceptance? Plus you've gotten tons of yeses. I'm not worried a bit about your stories.  :)
Work hard. Believe. Take a chance.

Offline Hugh

« Reply #1535 on: December 01, 2011, 11:17:41 AM »
Super article, Gyppo. Youíve packed a lot into 600 words, while making it read like a story. And the pics complement it perfectly. Great job.

It has been said that seeing your work in a real magazine beats sex, in that the euphoria lasts longer. I bet you are still walking on air after several days of looking at the article at every opportunity. Go on, admit it.

Our regular postie still rides the trusty red bike, and grumbles like hell at Christmas time with all the packages, many of which he has to cart round and take back to the depot, because people are out and he canít deliver them.

Heís okay with us, though, as he knows where he can leave a package somewhere safe and dry.

Hugh

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1536 on: December 01, 2011, 12:24:35 PM »
Thanks, you lot.  :)  Already gave it a read-through and sent it off to the next publisher. I really believe this is a good story,
so I don't want to send it to a small publisher. This one deserves print and a lot of readers.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #1537 on: December 01, 2011, 03:41:59 PM »
I really believe this is a good story,
so I don't want to send it to a small publisher. This one deserves print and a lot of readers.

Never be afraid to aim high if you think a story had real potential.  The 'lesser' markets will still be there if your target market says "No thanks."

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1538 on: December 02, 2011, 01:52:44 AM »
Never be afraid to aim high if you think a story had real potential.  The 'lesser' markets will still be there if your target market says "No thanks."
Gyppo

Exactly. The bigger markets just take so long. This story has been going from desk to desk for over a year now. But I won't settle for less on this one. Everytime I've settled for less I felt cheated when they accepted it.

Offline John Yamrus

updated press release
« Reply #1539 on: December 04, 2011, 12:48:03 PM »
Since 1970 John's published 2 novels, 18 books of poetry, and had more than 1,300 poems published in mags around the world.   His new book, (his 20TH) called CAN'T STOP NOW! is available here:

http://www.epicrites.org/

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1540 on: December 05, 2011, 01:28:05 AM »
Well done, John.

My very first fantasy story, The Battle in Osroth, is now available in Silver Blade Magazine's issue 12.
They even added some artwork for my story.

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #1541 on: December 05, 2011, 04:38:51 AM »
Nice one, Joe.  I added a comment.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1542 on: December 05, 2011, 06:48:57 AM »
Nice one, Joe.  I added a comment.
Gyppo

Thank, Gyppo. Will check it out.  :)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1543 on: December 07, 2011, 10:49:07 AM »
Thanks to everyone who commented. Appreciate it.  :)

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #1544 on: December 07, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
 ;) ;) ;)

My comment's awaiting moderation.