Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 406165 times)

Offline Alice, a Country Gal

• http://www.writestreet.com/writestree
  • Hello from Texas
    • Alice's Hide Away
Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #1215 on: July 22, 2011, 11:21:38 AM »
Way to go Amanda. No matter what the results, you can be proud that you've reached this point . . . something that not everyone manages.

Good for you!  8)
MWC Charity Publications.
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight>
The universe is made of stories, not of atoms. -Muriel Rukeyser, poet and activist (15 Dec 1913-1980)

R. L. Copple's: http://www.rlcopple.com/

I will not let anyone walk through my mind with their dirty feet.
-Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline Amanda George

• Currently editing all my manuscripts!
    • Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1216 on: July 22, 2011, 11:38:26 AM »
Thank you 510 and Alice!  I'm so close to reaching a teenage dream now I would never have believed it!
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline thatollie

« Reply #1217 on: July 22, 2011, 12:21:54 PM »
Way to go, Amanda.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1218 on: July 22, 2011, 12:29:07 PM »
Way to go, Amanda.

Thank you Ollie!  Only 11k to go with Speckles now then I'll edit it and send it off - I can't believe this is actually happening!
There is no beginning or end. Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift, that's why they call it the present (unknown)

Money cannot buy happiness but somehow, it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes Benz than it is on a bicycle.

Offline Chrissie

« Reply #1219 on: July 25, 2011, 08:05:01 AM »
I've just heard that one of my entries to the Words with Jam Flash500 competition has been long-listed. It's early days and may not make it to the shortlist but it doesn't half feel good to know that it's made it through the initial stage!  :)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Tales from The Darkest Depths
    • Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1220 on: July 25, 2011, 09:41:46 AM »
I've just heard that one of my entries to the Words with Jam Flash500 competition has been long-listed. It's early days and may not make it to the shortlist but it doesn't half feel good to know that it's made it through the initial stage!  :)

That's always good news. Sometimes it's tough just to get noticed in a competition.
Founder and CEO of Crystal Lake Publishing - Tales from the Darkest Depths.
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1221 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45:08 AM »
Oh, and by the way (not really a success), but I'm featured on WeeklyArtist.com this week.
Please feel free to comment on their page. Don't want my words to be the only ones there.  :D
Two time Bram Stoker Award nominated editor publishing only the best in Dark Fiction. Check out Crystal Lake's books and grab two free titles by joining the newsletter.

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1222 on: July 25, 2011, 10:38:46 AM »

Well done, Chrissie!  Have more confidence in yourself and your writing abilities girl!  :D

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1223 on: July 25, 2011, 10:42:50 AM »
Oh, and by the way (not really a success), but I'm featured on WeeklyArtist.com this week.
Please feel free to comment on their page. Don't want my words to be the only ones there.  :D

Where do I leave my comments please, Joe?

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1224 on: July 25, 2011, 11:40:30 AM »
Where do I leave my comments please, Joe?

Just click on 'Read User's Comments' to go to a comment box. Thanks.

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1225 on: July 25, 2011, 11:55:54 AM »
Just click on 'Read User's Comments' to go to a comment box. Thanks.

D'oh!  lol  I've just left a comment  :)

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1226 on: July 25, 2011, 12:21:47 PM »
D'oh!  lol  I've just left a comment  :)

Thanks, Amanda. Those were some very kind words. Considering your fear of scary stories, I'll
email you one of my romantic stories. Yip, I actually wrote one on a dare.  :-[

Offline Amanda George

• Stories 4 Children
« Reply #1227 on: July 25, 2011, 12:29:08 PM »
Thanks, Amanda. Those were some very kind words. Considering your fear of scary stories, I'll
email you one of my romantic stories. Yip, I actually wrote one on a dare.  :-[

Nowt wrong with dares if you are happy to do them!  :)  One of the assignments on the course I'm doing was to write a horror story for children and even that gave me nightmares even though it was written for children and was, according to my tutor, very tame... yep, totally serious!   :-[

Offline 510bhan

• So many jobs to do . . .
« Reply #1228 on: July 25, 2011, 02:15:59 PM »
Well done Chrissie -- good luck for the short list. ;)

Shall pop in now Joe. :)

EDIT: waiting for blog owner approval/moderation ;)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 02:19:43 PM by 510bhan »

Offline Joe Mynhardt

• Joe Mynhardt
« Reply #1229 on: July 26, 2011, 10:49:58 AM »
Nowt wrong with dares if you are happy to do them!  :)  One of the assignments on the course I'm doing was to write a horror story for children and even that gave me nightmares even though it was written for children and was, according to my tutor, very tame... yep, totally serious!   :-[

Best example I can think of is Neil Gaiman's The Graveyard Book. Wish it was around when I was a kid.

Shall pop in now Joe. :)

Thanks for the kinds words, Sio.  :)