Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 409433 times)

Nadine L

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2007, 10:37:19 PM »
Thatollie,

It is great that your writing delighted you. I find that those are the same sections in my books that readers have pointed out as their favorite parts as well. So yes, I would say that is a writing success and when readers begin to contact you, you will have the second taste of it.

Nadine

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #76 on: May 18, 2007, 12:14:36 PM »
I have today spoken to the local newspaper, the Dorking Advertiser and seeing as I am also the new editor of the Boxhill News, it looks like they shall be writing a piece about my book ...

Coran and I walked up the viewpoint as it was such a lovely afternoon, and when we got back, what should I find in my inbox but an invitation from the Self Publishing Magazine, those lovely people who compared my book to Richard Dawkins, to write an article (unfortunately not paid) for their next edition, re my experiences at self publishing. They said they will mention my book of course at the end of it. I ordered my first batch of 15 books today with should take around a week to arrive, so those courtesy copies will be winging their way to people soon.

June   
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline thatollie

« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2007, 12:07:42 PM »
Thanks Nadine, I'm still dancing on the inside.
Never make a decision standing up.

Nadine L

« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2007, 05:38:29 PM »
T.Ollie,

Turn up the music and we'll all dance with you!

Nadine

SuzieHarris

« Reply #79 on: May 21, 2007, 11:05:39 AM »
YIPPEEEEEEE!

I have just been given the job to write the scripts for a new 5 week TV reality show  :o

Suzie xx

Offline Kipton

• Kip Kids of New York
« Reply #80 on: May 21, 2007, 11:10:46 AM »
Way to go Suzie!!! 
That is amazing news to hear!! I wish you the best!
Yippee from Kippy too!!!
Kip

Nadine L

« Reply #81 on: May 21, 2007, 02:48:19 PM »
Suzi,

Guess you should get out your dancing shoes too. Sounds like we're gonna have a dance party!

When you can say the name of the show, let us know and I'll see if we get it in the US. Congratulations!

Thanks to everyone for reasons to celebrate and for sharing your successes with the rest of us.

(fondly,)
Nadine

Offline Kipton

• Kip Kids of New York
« Reply #82 on: May 21, 2007, 03:17:24 PM »
Hey guys,
I just have to say how wonderful I think Nadine is, she is always there with words of encouragement.
If no has told you this, then I am telling you, we really do appreciate all the positive things you say to each of us, it really does mean a lot to us.  I hope we can be that for you too.
Nadine is the kind of person everyone wants to have as a best friend!!
Nadine we love you!!
Kip

Nadine L

« Reply #83 on: May 22, 2007, 12:00:42 AM »
Um...er...<blush>  Thanks    :)

Nadine

HT_Llewellyn

« Reply #84 on: May 22, 2007, 12:29:41 AM »
Nadine: This is slightly unrelated, but I found Kathryn's Beach on amazon.com, but I can't buy it from there since I haven't a card or anything. So, I'm going to look for it at the bookstore or the library. Just thought I'd let you know I'll soon be reading something of yours, and that I'm really looking forward to it.

Nadine L

« Reply #85 on: May 22, 2007, 12:45:24 AM »
H.T.

Bookstores can order it for you. Sometimes it works better if you take in the info and make it easier for them. I pulled my account with Lightning Source, so sometimes there is a bit of whining when asked to order through another source. Print this for them so they have the order info http://nadinelamanbooks.com/pdf/sellsheet1.pdf

I would be surprised to find my books in a library since my books aren't listed with the distributor most libraries use. But, the books do have Library of Congress numbers.

Better yet, email me from the contact page of my website:
http://nadinelamanbooks.com/contact.html  I'll work out getting a signed copy to you. If you have PC rather than MAC, I'll send you the CD with the flash format of the video on my website and YouTube along with the book. How's that sound?

Nadine

HT_Llewellyn

« Reply #86 on: May 22, 2007, 01:13:05 AM »
....Have I mentioned yet that you're awesome? Because I'm pretty sure you're awesome.

Nadine L

« Reply #87 on: May 22, 2007, 01:34:52 AM »
thank you, thank you. This is getting a bit awkward and embarrassing for me. Um, you are very kind, but enough about me.

I just want to say for the millionth time what a wonderful writing community MWC is. I hope we have a very long time together and we can laugh about our humble beginnings when we are all famous. Thank you Nick, Karl, mods, and members for this wonderful place where we can share our writing experiences.

Nadine

Nadine L

« Reply #88 on: May 22, 2007, 03:05:41 AM »
This is MWC's Jenna Grace (from my June newsletter):

Jeannine Garsee, US YA author of BEFORE, AFTER and Somebody in BETWEEN, Bloomsbury USA, June 07. Book Launch Party June 26th at 7PM at Strongsville, Ohio, Borders Bookstore. Jenís blog http://onegrapeshy.livejournal.com/  www.jeanninegarsee.com

Congrats Jen...you made the big time, girlfriend!

Nadine
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 03:09:50 AM by Nadine L »

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #89 on: May 22, 2007, 04:16:06 PM »
I second, or even third all the things said about Nadine. She is the reason why I am here, since if it were not for her, I would not have known about this wonderful place. She was also the first American to buy and read my book, and has introduced me to loads of wonderful people - such as Phil Harris for one (another member on here) who will be interviewing me for his radio show very soon!

Actually I am feeling knackered tonight - have been on my feet all day, walking round and round a hall full of 200 odd teenage boys taking various GCSE's (I work as an exam invigilator at this time of year). Was supposed to finsh work at 3pm, but did not get out until 5.15pm and then had to drive 18 miles home. What should be waiting for me though but a big box full of my brand new and updated books ! They look brilliant, and the new cover and font size make one hell of a difference.

I was struck as I opened the box, in the difference between how I felt opening and holding this one for the first time, as opposed to the original version, 11 months ago. I remember spending days looking for the postman and willing him to call, and then when they finally did arrive, weeping tears of joy and elation. There were no tears though this time, just a great big soppy grin. Will post the pictures on my own site, as before, in due course and tomorrow morning I shalle be sending out those courtesy copies that I have promised to a few people (including the lovely and very helpful Nadine and Paramour). Very well earned, both of them.

June   
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work