Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 495541 times)

Offline Allie

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2007, 03:21:56 AM »
I hope so, Nadine. :)

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2007, 04:01:21 AM »
Yep, saw it Nadine, he emailed me to let me know it was going on there. Am just about to go and see how many more hits I got because of it.

We are all excited this morning, since we discovered that J Michael Straczynski, creator of Babylon 5, our favourite series in the whole wide world, which has provided much inspiration, is doing a book signing in London today. Good excuse to have a rummage round the British Museum as well, and revisit their crystal skull, which has once again been calling us.

I am going to take a copy of my book to JMS though as a little thank you present. Still couldn't get permission to use quotes from B5 though !

June
I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 04:08:27 AM »
I had 65 visits yesterday, as opposed to 35 the day before. When I looked at the referrals, the most of them still came from here and google, but quite a few were also from Grumpy! So there you go .... Nothing spectacular, but it all helps ...

June
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline Kipton

• Kip Kids of New York
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 06:47:08 AM »
Nadine,
Wow, I did see the space on your website for children's authors!!
I am honored to be listed!!
Thanks,
Kip

Nadine L

« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2007, 04:06:40 AM »
June,

I absolutely love JMS's book on scriptwriting. I hope you had a great time.

Kip,

Glad you liked that we segregated the children's authors. We felt it was time to give you and Jena Grace (MWC) your own space. It is much harder to get listed on my website than in my newsletter, so I'm glad you approve.

To everyone else, good luck to you and "Don't take any wooden nickels."

Nadine

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2007, 04:27:20 PM »
It was great to get to meet him in person, and I am so glad that Coran had the intuition to check his website. I had been trying to get permission to use some of the B5 quotes in my new(er) book, but was told I would have to wait as he had just gone out of the country, now I know where to ! I decided in the end not to use those quotes anyway, since it would have just delayed things, and it was not the kind of thing you could ask him at a book signing !

About 50 or so people turned up though, and we had to wait in line for around 45 minutes. It was though worth it as he is a lovely man and very spiritual. He signed 2 of the B5 scripts that we have been collecting and 2 comics as well that we bought. Unfortunately he was not allowed to accept the book that I offered him though, as apparently his lawyers advise against such things, but he thanked me for the offer and took it in the spirit in which it was meant.

June   
www.juneaustin.co.uk

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2007, 10:54:21 AM »
Have approved the final PDF of my new and updated book today, so it has now gone to print ! It is the right day to be doing this, as I knew it would be, since today is also a new moon, in Germini I do believe, which is ruled by Mercury, the god of communication. I say no more .... Will be watching amazon to see when the new cover goes on there, and then I have the task of updating both of my own sites .... Can't wait to see the new edition !

June

www.juneaustin.co.uk

Nadine L

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2007, 07:15:33 PM »
Bravo, June ~

I can't wait to see it either.

Nadine

Offline Allie

« Reply #68 on: May 16, 2007, 07:22:49 PM »
How many editions have you had, June? :)

Nadine L

« Reply #69 on: May 16, 2007, 08:48:09 PM »
Allie,

Best of luck with your book. When does it come out? Forgive me for having a memory lapse, what age group does your book target?

Nadine

Offline Allie

« Reply #70 on: May 17, 2007, 03:43:06 AM »
I'm hoping it'll be out by August, Nadine, and it's for 8-12. :)

Offline thatollie

« Reply #71 on: May 17, 2007, 05:51:28 AM »
I'm not sure if it counts as a success to you, but it does to me. I was casually filling up a page of notes on my crime/thriller. AND it's good, like a medium rare 12oz Sirloin. I can physically taste that steak, it's so juicy. Then, a moment that encapsulises the reason I started writing comes along. The ending surprised ME. The writer isn't supposed to be surprised by his own ending. When I think about how shocking it'll be, I can barely stand up.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #72 on: May 17, 2007, 01:44:46 PM »
Good luck with your book Allie ! This is the second (and final) edition of my book. I did not originally intend to do a second edition, but when I was advised to change the cover and read a recent article in New Scientist magazine about some DNA studies that disprove the Out of Africa theory, then I thought that these were too important not to mention. So, I decided to change the text as well, since it only costs around £60 extra (it would be well nigh impossible to do this had I not chosen POD). I went through the whole book then, adding bits here and there, not just the DNA studies but also stuff about whether DNA has its own consciousness, stuff about some recent studies carried out at the Bimini Roads, about Robert Schoch and John Anthony West's studies of the Sphinx and the seach for hidden chambers and some more controversial stuff in the religious section about women in Islam ... The font size has also been changed from 10 to 11 pitch, so with the 12 or so extra pages of text that I have added, plus the addition of a reviews page and a few more extras in the prelims, the page count has increased from 272 to 334. The new cover is really something else as well, Clifford has done an absolutely outstanding job and it was worth every penny of the £350 I paid for it to be done. It is totally different from the original and completely changes the energy of the book. Must ring and order some of my own copies tomorrow, as I have some courtesy copies to send out (and also some to sell ! )

June 
www.juneaustin.co.uk

Offline Allie

« Reply #73 on: May 17, 2007, 04:28:19 PM »
That's fascinating, June. Do you think DNA has a consciousness? :)

Offline Talisman

• June Austin
« Reply #74 on: May 17, 2007, 05:37:08 PM »
The evidence certainly points to that. Most of my information is based on studies by a Canadian born, Swiss based anthropologist Jeremy Narby. I first became aware of his work when I saw him speak at the Questing Conference in 2005. If you haven't heard it, the Questing Conference is the leading event in the revisionist or alternative history calendar, which is organised by writer Andrew Collins and sponsored by Nexus magazine (who are reviewing my book in their next issue!). It is held each year, usually at the end of October/beginning of November, for the last few years in London, although the 2007 conference will be held at the Assembly Rooms in Glastonbury.

Jeremy though was one of the guest speakers at the 2005 conference, and he gave a fascinating 2 hour lecture, based on his book, The Cosmic Serpent and its follow up, Intelligence in Nature. 

Narby relayed that as a student, he spent time with the Ashaninka Indians in the Peruvian rain forests. They have a remarkable pharmaceutical knowledge of literally thousands of plants, that they use for all sorts of medicinal purposes, from a simple headache to healing of serious wounds. One day Narby asked them how they had got their knowledge. The villagers informed him that it had been given to them by the spirits of the plants, direct to their shamans after they ingested a cocktail of  hallucinogens known as ayahuasca. Narby thought no more of it, until troubled by a niggling backache, he was instantly cured by a special concoction prepared by the tribe’s medicine men. This incident eventually persuaded him to try the brew for himself.

He reports in his book, The Cosmic Serpent that he experienced his entire body, including his internal organs as glowing red, as if he could see right through his own skin. Feeling sick, he staggered away from the clearing where the brew had been ingested, and watched the contents of his stomach emerge from his mouth as a fire red snake. He then saw before him two giant rainbow coloured snakes, with huge bodies two meters thick. The snakes seemed aware of his prescence and conveyed to him the idea that he was a mere human being, small and insignificant in comparison to the rest of the universe.

This and subsequent experiences, one in which Narby felt himself as a large feline complete with blood lust, despite his vegetarian diet, prayed on his mind long after his return to Switzerland. He began to read everything he could on the use and effects of such drugs amongst indigenous populations, and shamanistic practises from around the world, eventually concluding that these experiences are in fact very real, and that the snake symbols were the key to understanding why. He felt that the snake symbols were actually a representation of our DNA - hence their shape.

His second book Intelligence in Nature, which I am reading at the moment, details his searches for well, signs of intelligence in nature, to prove his theories. DNA is not known to have intelligence, although 97 percent of it has no known function, hence the term 'junk DNA', so we not actaully know what it does. Within the body there is however always intelligence at cellular level, as the cells constantly interact and send messages to each other in the form of proteins and other chemicals, which tell them for example, when and how to divide and replicate., or when to fight disease, or in the case of the female body, not to reject her husbands (or boyfriends) sperm, or a child that grows inside her, as an invader that needs to be destroyed.

Narby then believes that DNA does indeed have its own intellgence, but not only that, that it can also communicate teleptahically with the DNA of other living organisms outside of its own environment in order to share and impart ideas and information. The serpents that he saw during his own experiences, and which are apparently a common feature of such experiences, which you can see in cave art the world over, he believes are represenataions of this intelligence, which is awoken by the ingestion of such substances. His books make a fascinating read, and his lecture was the best I have ever been to. I normally have trouble sitting through a lecture of that length, but for the entire 2 hours I sat absolutely riveted to my chair, unable to move. I strongly recommend his books, both of which are available from amazon.

I do find this whole subject very interesting indeed, especially the junk DNA and the fact that we don't know what 97 percent of our genes even do !

I am going off at a tangent again though, as this is nothing to do with our successes !

June   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2007, 05:38:43 PM by Talisman »
www.juneaustin.co.uk