Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 374585 times)

Jo Bannister

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #3015 on: October 13, 2017, 12:06:57 PM »
Excellent news, Shorty.  That's a real stand-out for your CV.  Best of luck with the competition; but actually, you've already won a lot in terms of credibility and exposure.

Let us know how it pans out

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #3016 on: October 14, 2017, 10:00:47 AM »
I'd just like to add my congratulations to Shortcross.
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Shortcross

• Carpeing the hell out of this diem
« Reply #3017 on: October 15, 2017, 02:18:32 AM »
Thanks Jo & Gyppo :)

Jo Bannister

« Reply #3018 on: November 28, 2017, 03:09:42 PM »
Bloody hell!  I finished my last edit of the new book last Thursday, e-mailed it to my agent on Friday, and got an offer on it today.  Just shows what publishers can do if they want to.

Another bit of good news came with the offer.  The last book - "Other Countries" - earned out its advance in the first eight months, with other revenue streams still to open up.

I'm glad I didn't retire fifteen months ago, after all!

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #3019 on: November 28, 2017, 04:23:40 PM »
I'm glad I didn't retire fifteen months ago, after all!

I bet you are.

I was watching an interview yesterday with Jethro, the Cornish comedian.  He was asked when he intends to retire.  "I'm ready to retire now.  I don't need the money.  After all I've got my farms and horsebreeding to get on with.  I certainly won't be stopping working.

"But I'll stop going on stage when people stop laughing at me.  It's bound to happen one day.  But until then I'll carry on."

I guess writers are the same.  As long as we have readers...
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:41:59 PM by Gyppo »
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Artemis Quark

« Reply #3020 on: November 28, 2017, 08:17:07 PM »
Congrats, Jo. Quality writing eventually receives well-deserved recognition. And the revenue stream isnít bad either. Onward to the next project. Cheers. 🍷

AQ

Jo Bannister

« Reply #3021 on: November 29, 2017, 04:07:42 AM »
Thanks, guys.  I think Gyppo - and Jethro - are right.  We don't retire: we are retired.  Somebody else's decision.

But you're a long time  dead, so perhaps we'd better plough on while we can.