Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 371159 times)

Nadine L

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 12:33:11 PM »
Haven't seen much of Phil since the second book came out and his radio show started.
http://www.mywriterscircle.com/index.php?action=profile;u=1660

Nadine

Nadine L

« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »
This was last week... http://www.authorsden.com/visit/viewnews.asp?id=17039

Offline Talisman

• View Profile
    • June Austin
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2007, 03:15:37 AM »
Love the picture !

I used to be an aetheist until I realised I was God
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://juneaustin.blogspot.com/
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline Philip Harris

• View Profile
    • MY LITERARY WORKS
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2007, 04:48:29 PM »
I am proud to announce that my new book, JESUS TAUGHT TOO: THE EARLY ROOTS OF THE LAW OF ATTRACTION IS BEING PUBLISHED BY AVATAR PUBLICATIONS!!!

Expected release date is July but the editing is going so well it may be earlier.

This non-fiction work will be published BOTH in Canada and the US.

The book traces the roots of the LAW OF ATTRACTION, MANIFESTATION AND RESPONSIBILITY to the master Himself. Following his "stream of thought'' on the topic, I show how The Secret is over two thousand years old. It is spiritually uplifting and offers a plan of action to turn your dreams into reality.

Avatar Publications is a North American based publisher of academic and body/mind/spirit books (spiritual books). Among our many missions, Avatar is concerned with the reconciliation of science and spirituality. To that end we publish, in the same house, two imprints; these are the Lightning Path imprint and the Avatar Academic (ลล) imprint. We are also launching, in late 2007, Avatar Crystals which is a line of high vibrational children's books intended to protect and nurture the spirituality of the emerging crystals.

Avatar books are distributed by New Leaf, Ingram, and Baker and Taylor. In Canada, Avatar is distributed by Phoenix. In the UK, Whitakers/Bookdata, Gardners and Bertrams. In South Africa by New Horizons

This will be my third book opublished this year-WAKING GOD, A MAINE CHRISTMAS CAROL being the other two.
Philip Harris
www.nothingbinding.com
Co-Author, WAKING GOD
www.wakinggod.com
Nationally Syndicated Writer
The American Chronicle
Author, A MAINE CHRISTMAS CAROL
http://dickens111.tripod.com
JESUS TAUGHT IT, TOO: THE EARLY ROOTS OF THE LAW OF ATTRACTION
Auth, RAPING LOUISIANA: DIARY OF DECEI

Nadine L

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
Hi Phil!

We were talking about you. Were your ears burning?

Great news about your THIRD book in how many years? Book two just came out in Dec 06. You're amazing, Phil!

Nadine

Offline Philip Harris

• View Profile
    • MY LITERARY WORKS
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 08:40:59 PM »
I thought I heard your voice in the back of my head. It will be 3 in one year. Book one, WAKING GOD came out the end of June.  WAKING GOD II will be done soon and I have another done but only hard copy-got lost in computer. BTW, my 75 year old mother-in-law finished the 2 Beach books and will be writing a review-I will pass it along-she loved them and the compassion they contained.
Philip Harris
www.nothingbinding.com
Co-Author, WAKING GOD
www.wakinggod.com
The American Chronicle

Nadine L

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
Phil, (you can hear me in your head???)

Is it time to have that little talk about backing up your work? Whew, good thing you have a hard copy.

Beach books? Mine? Cool.

My husband's 76 yo aunt read my first book and said, "Now I understand you." There were two things that bothered me about that: 1) The very strange tone to her voice when she said it; 2) We've been married 21 years, and they are just now understanding me??? Very scary.

I think I'll start using a pen name...or change my name.

I love to write, but the readers' comments are a real hoot that I hadn't expected.

Nadine

Offline Philip Harris

• View Profile
    • MY LITERARY WORKS
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 09:04:13 PM »
Yes, the fatal faux pas-back up. Yes, she really loved them-is the third out yet? Besides-who can ever really know a bl....-oops-well my wife is one and I am still lost half the time.
yes, I can tell when I am on someone's mind in a minor way-it usually spurs a contact and a comment-oh, we were just....LOL
Philip Harris
www.nothingbinding.com
Co-Author, WAKING GOD
www.wakinggod.com
The American Chronicle

Nadine L

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 10:05:14 PM »
Phil...

The joke is on Antie. I write fiction; lies, all lies. So, I don't know what hidden thing she thinks she knows about me. Funny though. (I really do love her, so I'm just kidding around here.)

Tell your mom-in-law, I would love to hear her comments.

No, book three isn't out yet. Book two has only been out 6 months. The draft ms is completed though. I'm doing editing/rewrites with my beta readers. Then it goes to my editor after we are happy with everything.  If I had a dollar for every person who has asked me about book three...  That is what I get for putting a tease for the next book at the end of my books. Right?

Nadine

Nadine L

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 10:08:54 PM »
June,

Thanks, that is one of the better photos of me. My middle child shot it.

Nadine

Offline Talisman

• View Profile
    • June Austin
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2007, 11:44:25 AM »
Great news re your third book Phil, my updated edition should hopefully be complete this week. Have just a few more chapters to finish proof reading and then the back cover blurb to complete before I give the cover designer the final page count.

Look forward to talking to you on June 11th ! This summer will be a busy month for me, I feel ....

June   
www.juneaustin.co.uk
http://conversationswithpod.blogspot.com/ - helping POD authors publicise their work

Offline Talisman

• View Profile
    • June Austin
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2007, 12:42:46 PM »
Last night we had a telephone call from the couple who bought our old house, to say that they had some post for us. This morning then we went over there to collect it, and I was very pleased to find that one of these items was notification from a magazine called Self Publishing, together with a complimentary copy, to say that they had printed a review of my book on page 29.

When I read the review I was truly astonished and delighted beyond words, for they have compared me to none other than Richard Dawkins, the best selling author and self proclaimed aetheist, whose book, The God Delusion topped the UK and US non fiction best sellers list for a full 6 months, selling millions of copies worldwide. Even better, they have given me permission to reprint this segment on the back cover of my new edition, which I will hopefully finish proof reading later on tonight ....

The review then reads

"Genesis of Man covers some highly topical and controversial subjects regarding religion and science. If you have read The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, then you will love this book, because it serves the opposite viewpoint.

The book is well researched - it is laden with scientific, Biblical and historical evidence to support its arguments. However, although there is sound understanding of science, the book seems to place more importance on its Biblical and historial evidence. It is also written with a lot of personal input from the narrator, which helps the ease of reading and can 'speak' to the reader. However, the first person narrative approach may appear to some readers as informal, and make the work appear less reliable.

Whilst the book is written as though it is addressing a vast and diverse audience of believers and non-believers, there are some infelicities and bias that suggests thar only certain groups of people are being targeted. The narrative focusses mainly on the Abrahamic religions, with a greater emphasis on Christianity. This may make its arguments appear somewhat incomplete to some readers, because there are six major world religions to be accounted for, rather than three.

This is a very informative and well researched book. It would be ideal as a companion to academic studies in subjects such as theology, philosophy and the social sciences. The book also achieves what it set out to do; answering all and more of the questions in its blurb"

No sooner did I ring Richard, my editor and give him the good news, than I got an email from the UK office of Nexus magazine to say that they too are printing a review in their May edition! The magazine is based in Australia but has 4 English language editions (plus 10 foreign language editions) with a combined circulation in excess lof 200,000 copies !  This then is very good news indeed. They are also sending me a complimentary copy, and hopefully I can also print their review in the updated edition as well !

This could do amazing things for my book, since Nexus is the leading magazine for conspiracy theorists and alternative historians, read by many other authors in this field. If just one percent of readers buy a copy as a result, then this will be 6000 copies sold ! I am jumping for joy at the prospect.  :D

June
www.juneaustin.co.uk

Offline dragonsue

• On the edge of realising my potential
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2007, 09:48:07 PM »
First I want to say....

OH WOW!  I'm in hallowed company!  You guys rock!  I wanna be like you!

My success was a while back now, in 2000.  I was writing my book, and a friend spotted a local short story contest, so I took time off the book and wrote two quick little stories to enter, and thought nothing more of it.  (I NEVER win anything!)

A few months later, I get a letter to say that I had better be at this event, because they have good news for me.

Well, they read them in reverse order, so I was over joyed when I got third prize for one of my stories!

AND THEN

I got 1st prize for the other!

It was printed, in a local mag, so I suppose that counts too!  And there was a cash prize too!

I have been terrified to try again in case I get disappointed! lol

Be nice to dragons, 'cos you are crunchy and nice to eat.

Nadine L

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2007, 10:30:19 PM »
Congrats June, I forwarded the news to a couple of my friends.

Dragonsue, I bet that was quite a surprise. Go ahead and try again. Obviously, you have the ability, so take the risk.

Nadine
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 03:56:27 AM by Nadine L »

Offline Allie

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2007, 03:47:45 AM »
Well done on the storties, dragonsue. They (the magnificent 'they') say that writing good short stories is much harder than writing a good novel, apart from the distance to be covered. So that was a terrific result. :)