Author Topic: Sticky: Your Successes  (Read 372252 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Sticky: Your Successes
« on: March 27, 2007, 06:49:03 AM »
As requested by several members, please use this topic to post details of your latest writing, publishing or performing successes.

There's no need to be shy or modest. It's encouraging for everyone to read other members' success stories!

Nick  :)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:14:05 AM by Nick »

SuzieHarris

Re: Sticky: Your Successes
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 06:58:17 AM »
Ok, to quote Gyppo on my blog "someone has to get the ball rolling", so here I am.

Nick mentioned to me to post my previous posts here for you to read (again hehe):

Hey guys,

Not only did I get a book contract for Survival books, I am now one of their editors too....

Then just when I thought things couldn't get any better....

Lonely Planet are considering me for a guidebook on Europe!

YIIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeee

Oh yes, just when you got fed up of hearing about my book contracts I went and did it again! LOL

I am now negotiating with a rather large publisher for a craft book, and I have just been made the regional guide writer for Wales by Fisher's Travel SOS.

;D :o :P :-*

Ok, now I've done telling you all (I'll admit to a head swell thing, too hehe - but who else can I tell???) I'd better go and write them!!

So, there you go! Who's next?

Suzie
« Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 07:00:14 AM by Suzie »

Offline Allie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 07:46:45 AM »
Congratulations, Suzie, and this time not just on your success but on being the first on the new thread. We're all hoping you won't be alone here for long. :)

Offline Bru

• View Profile
    • http://www.brunazanelli.com
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 09:41:56 AM »
sadly my novels remain unpublished for now but as a journalist I am published weekly - does that count? 

Offline Allie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 09:50:29 AM »
Of course it counts, Bru. The tiniest success counts. I'd love to hear about yours. :)

SuzieHarris

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:08:39 AM »
Ok, now my head is spinning...

I am about to have...drum roll please... my OWN exhibition of portraits I have done! I've also been accepted as a Gold Member by the SAA (Society of all art) and have my own webpage there:

http://www.saa.co.uk/art/suzieharris

Now *that* really can't hurt my chances of getting the book deal to write the art book I wanted to do, will it  :P

Suzie x

thatollie

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 06:11:57 AM »
That's great Suzie  :) [I was going to use the one with the big smile but it looks like a "I'm trying too hard to be happy for you" smile].

Offline orchid15

• View Profile
    • Leona's Happy place
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 06:21:09 PM »
Doin' the happy dance ;D

Crystalwizard suggested I submit my children's story about a dragon to the anthology "Black Dragon, White Dragon."

I was hesitant because it didn't fit the guidelines, but the editor suggested I send it anyway.. and he accepted it.  the book is due to come out in October. 

I am really encouraged because he said it was well written, and he's had over 120 submissions, and only accepted ten or eleven.  It is the first fiction I've ever had accepted. 8)

My YA science fiction is still out, and I hope its not in a slush pile somewhere. :)

orchid

Offline Allie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 06:47:56 PM »
That's great, Orchid. Well done! :)

Offline Bru

• View Profile
    • http://www.brunazanelli.com
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 04:19:16 AM »
Orchid, congratualtions!  Way to go, girl!   :D

Offline jagsaw

• david spade rocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2007, 10:49:18 AM »
When I was like 8 years old I wrote some crappy poem at school for some book of crappy children's poems or something. Well they cut most of my poem out, like two verses, so it was like 6 lines long. I was angry at first but now, looking back, I know how crappy the poem actually was. So I don't care about it. A tiny non-success in my opinion. Oh well, I'm aiming higher now.

Offline Gyppo

• I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2007, 06:34:43 PM »
It's been mentioned elsewhere on the boards but my short tale 'Processionary' - written in response to one of Crystal Wizard's 'prompts' in the Writing Games and Challenges - has been accepted for publication by Bewildering Stories.

Rather apt really as I'm still bewildered by it myself ;-)  Seems to be one of those things which means different things to different people.

Success is always inspiring ;-)

Gyppo

Offline Allie

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2007, 06:41:29 PM »
Well done again, Gyppo. That was a really good and atmospheric story. :)

Offline Gltagaman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 03:50:12 PM »
I've got two short stories coming out finally in an anthology compiled by a writing course I attended May - June last year. I will be interested to see how they have been 'Edited' as the community centre publisher has taken rather a long time to publish the anthology.

I have heard that one short story I put into an anthology produced by a writing group I left a year earlier has been published. Unfortunately I have not yet been able to see a copy as the group has not deposited a copy with the local library.

Geoff

Nadine L

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 03:58:38 PM »
Congrats to all!

Does this count? http://www.readerviews.com/InterviewLamanHT.html

Nadine