Author Topic: Hi!  (Read 2804 times)

Offline bob414bob

• Learn to spell, it helps!
Hi!
« on: September 01, 2008, 04:47:10 PM »
I know I've not been around for a while. I started a new job but then ended up back in hospital so I've been a bit preoccupied.
Anyway, I've missed you guys and thought it was time to stick my nose back round the door.

It looks like you have a few new members, which is good. It was also great to see some old faces.
                            Bob, the ice age warrior

Nadine L

Re: Hi!
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 04:49:01 PM »
Well, it is about time! I've been wondering about you. Hope you are well again.

Nadine

Offline bob414bob

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting there thanks.  Life would be great if they could invent a bionic kidney. LOL!

Nadine L

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 05:10:48 PM »
True. And a few other parts too.

Nadine

Offline bob414bob

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:07:40 PM »
Hey yeah, that could be a new topic.

If you could have any bionic part, what would it be and why?

I'd have a new kidney, just so it works, and bionic legs so I can run fast enough to keep up with my kids.

Nadine L

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 07:23:05 PM »
I'd like a new heart, please.

Nadine

Offline Gyppo

• Esteemed Contributor
  • I've been writing ever since I realised I could.
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 07:35:07 PM »
Welcome back 'Bob'.  I thought you'd been a bit quiet.  As an Ice Age woman you probably appreciate a bit of global warming ;-)

Bionic parts?   No thanks.  I'm rather attached to my semi-worn parts, even if my adrenal gland did try and kill me a few years ago.  It still makes a practice lunge every now and then, but I'm ready for it these days and generally parry the attacks with a deft move.

Gyppo
My website is currently having a holiday, but will return like the $6,000,000 man.  Bigger, stronger, etc.

In the meantime, why not take pity on a starving author and visit my book sales page at http://stores.lulu.com/gyppo1

Offline Spell Chick

• Choose well
    • Little Bits of History
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 08:07:59 PM »
A bionic part? I was just at a sex toy party (and boy was that a mistake) and can rule out anything in that department.

I'm glad you are back and just as an aside, I believe they ARE working on a bionic kidney. But that may have been some fiction or predictive thing I've recently read.

I would like nice hair. I would like it to be a pretty color rather than turning gray. I wouldn't even mind all gray. I would like it to be sleek and move like silk when I shake my head. I don't think that would be bionic, but I would like it.

Glad you are doing better and back at the keyboard.

Patti
Little Bits of History A short essay on something that happened on any day.

Imperfect Reason My thoughts, such as they are.

Offline Don

• Murder & mayhem for fun and profit.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 09:18:21 PM »
Welcome back, Bob. 

I'm with Gyppo.  Nothing bionic for me.  I'm waiting for them to perfect cloning.  Once I have my clone in place, I'll send him to work and take the rest of my life off.  ;D
I have a motto: when in doubt, go for the cheap laugh.

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
Good to see you back Jo!

I'd like a bionic spinal column. My current one is giving me a lot of grief and making me feel like an old lady (compressed disks and nerve impingement causing sciatica and breathing problems and all sorts of old lady problems) - but I'm not an old lady!! Not quite yet I don't think...
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 03:29:19 PM »
Welcome back Jo. :-*

I'm with Sat - a new spine would be right up my street. Oh, and a bionic butt - for all those pesky injections. ;)
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Andrewf

• SciFi and Fantasy are my genre of choice.
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 03:32:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm getting there thanks.  Life would be great if they could invent a bionic kidney. LOL!

They already have bob...  the trouble is that the current version is a little too large (you need a trolly to move it about) and requires mains power to run.  

But it only need improvements and it will be made smaller and better...   Just look at mobile phones... started the size and weight of a house brick, now they hang on your ear. ;D

As for me... Bionic Eyes...   to be able to zoom in or record what is seen...  so useful.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 04:32:36 PM by Andrewf »
"If it can't be expressed in figures, it is not science; it is opinion." - L. Long.

Tales from the Circle - A charitable read. http://www.lulu.com/shop/search.ep?contributorId=1146002
Ask about eBook versions if required.

Offline bob414bob

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 04:26:25 PM »
Wow, I was only joking about the bionic kidney. I'm amazed that they are really working on one. They'll have to make it smaller though cos I'm only 5' tall and very slim.

To Cathy,
              a bionic butt sounds great. No more support knickers!!!!!

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2008, 11:23:12 AM »
To Cathy,
              a bionic butt sounds great. No more support knickers!!!!!

;D  ;D  ;D
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX