Author Topic: Snap.  (Read 3740 times)

Offline matsamu

• I'm not a Goof, i'm a spoof on Life
Snap.
« on: March 22, 2007, 02:13:30 PM »
Ok everyone, here's the script of a movie that my friend and i will be working on this summer, and we thought it was a really good idea. It's pretty much about the complete importance of music and sound in our world that we take for granted every day. Some of the stuff may be confusing, but it makes sense to me. Let me know what you think of the storyline.

Snap.

First images (All grey, desolate):
-(Church with everyone in pews, no one moving or speaking; heads bowed.)
-(Stone fountain; Cold, unused.)
-(Basketball court; outside; empty.)
-(A man and a woman walk by each other, no recognition of the others existence.)

1:1
(A Man lying in his bed with a clock blinking 12:00 next to him, gets up, sighs at the clock silently.)
(Fade out and in.)
(In the kitchen, the Man opens the refrigerator and notices there’s little food. What’s there is bland and disgusting looking. Sighs silently again and shuts the door.)
(Man grabs coat and hat and walks to the door, opens it and goes outside.)
(Man begins walking down the sidewalk, when a large gust of wind blows his hat clean off and it lands in a mud puddle.)
(In frustration, the Man snaps his fingers, and a small patch of gray grass suddenly bursts into its natural color.)
(Man notices the color change and in bewilderment, snaps his fingers again, to yield the same result in another patch of grass.)
(In silent laughter, the Man slaps his knee and the sound brings forth yet another color change.)
(Reveling in his newfound power, the Man begins to snap his fingers and walk to the beat, each snap/step bringing more color to the ground.)

1:2
(Man finds himself at a gazebo with benches. He sits and smiles, snapping and tapping his toe.)
(A small bird lands on the railing next to the Man and makes motions as if to sing. No sound comes forth.)
(The Man, wishing to hear the sound, tries to sing himself; nothing comes out. Tries a second time, nothing. The third time the Man tries to sing, a solid note comes out of his closed lips and the bird bursts into song and color. The fountain behind them bursts into light and water.)
(Four Barbershop members walking by notice the sound and try to sing themselves. They succeed and begin to harmonize.)
(Man, satisfied with the results of the singing, stands and begins to walk off, with the Barbershop members following him.)

1:3
(Man walks up to a grey Kid poking a rock with a stick in his hand. Man watches the Kid for a moment or two.)
Man: Hey Kid? What’re you doing?
(The Kid looks up, looks back, pokes a few more times then looks up as if to say, “Duh.”)
Man: Why?
(Kid shrugs and looks down depressingly at his lap.)
Man: Well that’s all well and good, but why aren’t you doing something a little more…fun?
(Kid looks back as if to say, “Like what?”
Man: Like what? Like- wait here a second.
(Man runs off for a moment and comes back with a basketball.)
Man: Like this!
(Man bounces out a little rhythm with the basketball then shoots it into the hoop.)
(Kid gestures toward the ball and Man gives it to him.)
(Kid doles out a the same rhythm and shoot it. He smiles and retrieves the ball.)
Kid: Wow!
(Kid lights up with color and does a more complicated rhythm.)
Man: (during the bouncing) Now you’re getting it!
(Crowd begins to gather.)
(Kid shoots one last time and it swishes through.)
(Man and Kid walk off together laughing. Crowd stands alone until one of them snaps and bursts into color. A few more join in and with synchronized snapping; all begin to walk after the Man.)
(Ball bounces away, alone.)
(Fade out.)

Same Images (colorful):
   -(Church-loud; happy; singing and dancing.)
   -(Fountain flowing with the sound of children nearby; two lovers sitting on the edge, laughing together.)
   -(Basketball with a bunch of guys and girls in a game; parents or other kids on the sidelines cheering.)
   -(A group of people walking down the sidewalk sees another group and greets them loudly and joyfully.)

2:1
(Dark screen. Alarm clock goes off; fade in to the Man shutting it off and sitting up wearing bright, colorful pajamas. Sighs happily and fade out.)
(Man fully dressed at the breakfast table, eating some kind of colorful cereal or waffles with bright syrup. Classical music in the background.)
(Man walks out his door and looks around. On the street corner there’s a Barbershop quartet singing. Kids playing loudly-sound everywhere.)
Man: And to think, all of this started with a Snap.
(Accents the word with the action and the screen goes dark.)

(Casey walks onscreen.)
Casey: He’s right. It all started with just a snap. But what if that snap never happened.
(Jeremy walks on while he talks)
Jeremy: Then your world, with all of the beautiful music we take for granted would look and sound like this. (Image behind them of Grayworld again.) Just think about it next time you forget to Snap.
(Both accent the word with a snap and the screen goes dark. Credits roll.)
*pop* That was my head. It just got blown.

Leigh

Re: Snap.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »
I found this a wonderful, entertaining read! It promises a great show. I can totally 'see' it, onscreen. I say go for it! :) Great, great job on it! Good luck!

Leigh x

Offline gooby46

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:54:27 PM »
My first read on 'Review My Script' and I catch a little masterpiece.  This is great.  Like Leigh, I can totally 'see' it, too.  Good luck.
Judy

Offline thatollie

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 10:03:41 PM »
I really liked this.
It would be brilliant for Current TV [sky channel 229] which is all public made material.
Never make a decision standing up.

Offline jagsaw

• david spade rocks
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 04:47:43 PM »
that was great. I used to make movies, but I was never serious enough to write a script. But I have one, but it hasn't been used...

make it!! It'd be a crime against humanity if you didn't.
new ideas bubbling up all the time?
write them down.... OR ELSE!!!