Author Topic: Writers needed in the UK  (Read 6711 times)

SuzieHarris

Writers needed in the UK
« on: January 09, 2006, 09:24:27 AM »
Hi Guys,

I found this on my travels on-line this afternoon. I have too much work (brag brag) to apply, but feel free to check it out:

Hello Writers

I am a writer myself but I am looking to find a few online friends that I can pass work over too.  I have found lately my services are in demand so I need a few people on board with me.

As such the pay the is different per article as some clients pay more or less than others so that is agreed before I pass any work over to you.

What I need:

I need people that are from a English Speaking country and do not use software to edit their works.

Anyone who contacts me MUST attach a sample of their writing.  I can only hire writers on the same level and style as myself.

I need people are that are compliant with deadlines, I never miss one and will not tolerate excuses. You must also be aware that all works shall be under my name and not yours.  You MUST be ok with this before applying.

And lastly people that are available most hours of the day using MSN.  This is a great need as I often get random emails asking for work.

What you need to do now:

Send me an email which can be found on my website www.wordsforhire.co.uk under the contacts section.  Please include your resume, your MSN handle and A SMAPLE OF WORK.

This is not for outsourcing work, this is to build up a relationship with other writers whom i can trust and they can trust me.  I may not always have work but when I do have some that is to much for me I will have no worries about passing it over to you.

Thank you all and I look forward to hearing from you,
Jade

www.wordsforhire.co.uk
we're more than words

Good Luck and  remember, be professional!

Suzie x
« Last Edit: January 09, 2006, 10:07:02 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Writer's needed in the UK
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2006, 09:50:40 AM »
Well done, Suzie!

I wonder what she means by do not use software to edit their works. How else are you going to do it - with pen and paper?!

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

SuzieHarris

Re: Writers needed in the UK
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2006, 10:47:57 AM »
lol,

The old fashioned way, huh? I think I would die without my software!

Suzie x

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • View Profile
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2006, 12:40:58 PM »
Pen and paper huh? I remember those good old days. Fortunately they are that, just a memory.  ;D Aelf

Offline goldanon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2006, 02:55:02 PM »
yeah - that's the first thing that popped out at me (the no software for editing - why oh why not? -Maybe editting software shows the software owner's name (?) You know, like if you use Word and have a 'tracker' on, and then download to another computer and open it with Word's "hilite changes" on, it would show the name of the original source).  But the thing about that is, you only have to accept or reject the change to delete that, no?  And wait am inute, what word processor doesn't have some sort of editor attached?  It's a very strange request...
Anyway, I'm going to contact her.  Even if I don't get a job from it, she might answer that question.

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • View Profile
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 03:51:47 PM »
Great, let us know what you find out :) aelf

Offline RR

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 07:35:59 PM »
What I think she meant, was that you can write decent sentences and spell without needing your software spell/grammar checker to do it for you   ;)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Global Moderator
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • View Profile
    • Entrepreneur Writer
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2006, 05:09:18 AM »
Could be! I still find it odd to make such a request though. I can't see anything wrong with using a spell-checker to ensure that everything in your text is spelt correctly. Grammar-checkers, as we all know, are next to useless anyway!

Nick GM
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.