Author Topic: Saving a story to disk and publishing online  (Read 1528 times)

Offline writerK

Saving a story to disk and publishing online
« on: March 05, 2006, 04:58:34 AM »
How do i save my story onto my floppy disc and where can i write a story online?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2006, 05:10:48 AM by Nick »

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Saving a story to disk and publishing online
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 05:23:21 AM »
Hi, and welcome to Mywriterscircle.com!

Saving a story to floppy disk (a.k.a. diskette) is easy enough. When you have finished working on the story in your word processor - probably Microsoft Word -  insert a disk into your floppy drive, then selects "Save As" from the File menu. In the "Save As" Window that then opens, select the floppy disk drive from the drop-down "Save In" menu at the top left (on most PCs the floppy drive is Drive A). You should, of course, also save a copy on your PC's hard drive as well.

On your second question, there are various places you can publish your work on-line - some are listed on the "Writers Wanted" board, or you could set up your own free Blogger account (www.blogger.com) and publish your work there.

And, of course, you are very welcome to publish short stories or excerpts of up to 500 words on our "Review My Work" board.

Hope that helps!

Nick  :)
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.