Author Topic: Writing Summer Schools  (Read 1874 times)

Offline BearsDad

Writing Summer Schools
« on: March 04, 2006, 07:43:47 AM »
Often I find it difficult to find enough time & space to write with all the other demands from family committments & "the day job". Recently I saw an add for Swanwick writers 2006 summer school  & wondered if anyone else has either attended this event or know of something similar that they would recommend?

I appreciate the feedback!

Cheers

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Re: Writing Summer Schools
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 08:50:04 AM »
I went to Swanwick a few years ago as a guest speaker, and stayed for a couple of nights. Obviously that's not quite the same as paying to attend, but I was very impressed with the whole set-up. There are loads of speakers to see, workshops to attend, and so on. If you want to immerse yourself in writing for a few days, I would think it's the ideal opportunity. You should also make a number of useful contacts (and friends) there. And the food and accommodation are good too!

Nick  :)

P.S. Note to Swanwick organising committee - I am available for a return visit!
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.

Offline BearsDad

Re: Writing Summer Schools
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 09:07:52 AM »
Many thanks for the info, Nick.... I wonder what the normal commission is for helping to arrange guest speakers!!! I see a new career as an Agent beckoning....