Author Topic: Another site to publish your work and get paid for it  (Read 2726 times)

Offline Nick

• Nick Daws
  • Retired from running MWC but still writing!
    • Entrepreneur Writer
Another site to publish your work and get paid for it
« on: March 04, 2006, 04:03:51 AM »
I was recently notified by E-Writer subscriber Wendy Curtis about Loose Ends (www.loose-ends.net). This is another of those sites where writers can post their work (including fiction) free of charge and get paid for it.

Rather than generating income through AdSense advertising as some similar sites do, on Loose Ends authors can set their work as free or chargeable. Free items obviously don't make you any money, but they can be used to help raise your profile, act as 'teasers' for paid items, or to help publicise a particular website.

Paid articles cost visitors $1 to view if in text format and $5 if in PDF format. These fees are then split 50:50 between the author and the website. Obviously, 50c a time isn't a lot, but if you write a popular article there is no limit to the number of sales you could make.

Anyhow, it's an interesting idea, and worth a look at least. For more details of the terms for authors, click on 'Authors and Writers' in the left-hand menu.

Nick  :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 04:05:35 AM by Nick »
Check out my writing blog at www.entrepreneurwriter.net. I also have a new UK personal finance blog called Pounds and Sense.