Author Topic: Blog I posted  (Read 1301 times)

Offline miguel77

Blog I posted
« on: March 05, 2006, 06:08:27 PM »
Here is a blog I posted on google. I didnt spend much time critiquing it so dont be afraid to be brutally honest.

One of the most competitive divisions in baseball is the AL West (with the exception of the AL East because of the obvious Yankees-Red Sox Rivalry). Though the competition among teams other than the Angels and Oakland A's has diminished a bit through recent years it appears to be yet another dog race for the pennant once again. The Angels have superstars such as slugger Vlad Guerrero, Garret Anderson, and their ace pitcher Bartolo Colon. The A's contend with less big names but a much more balanced team. Their pitching has been their cornerstone the in the past seven or eight years and if thats not going they'll have a tough time no matter who they face. Many consider their staff to be the best in baseball which begins with their crafty veteran Barry Zito. Zito showed signs of his cy young (from from two years ago) last season, but he lacked run support at times and his mind wasnt always there as well. Then comes extremly talented Rich Harden who is probably the only number two starter in the league who has a chance to capture the cy young award. The starters are capped off with young Dan Haren, Joe Blanton, and veteran Estaban Loiza. To top that they then can throw Huston Street into the mix along with Justin D. to boast not only one of the best starting rotations but bullpens as well. To complement their suberb pitching the A's lineup offers a spicy side dish to the menu. With off-season acquisitions including Hall of Famer Franks Thomas and hot headed slugger Milton Bradley they're sure to light up the scoreboard with their power and plate discipline which has become a crucial stat among the A's organization. Also with the healthy reamergence of Bobby Crosby and Mark Ellis they know they can count on production regarding the middle infield. Eric Chavez wont be lingering behind though with a chance to prove himself after a supposedly dissapointing season in which he ripped 27 homers and tallied over 100 rbi's. His one base percentage and average were well down from past years though which is why he left that season with a chip on his shoulder. The Angels expect to capture the division crown again this year but the A's know that they underachieved last season. With two new star sluggers in the lineup and key injuries being resolved it will be a wild ride among the AL's top contenders. We'll just have to wait and see.

Offline miguel77

Re: Blog I posted
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 06:11:00 PM »
Im sorry I meant a blog that I posted for writing-up.com. I have an adsense account through google to advertise on the site.  :-[