Author Topic: Hi from Evelyn, another newbie  (Read 2166 times)

Offline meg3450

Hi from Evelyn, another newbie
« on: January 08, 2006, 12:04:53 AM »
I just joined this Writers Circle.  I am 57 (soon to be 58) and have been writing since I was 8 years old.  I only have one published work, but plan on changing that in 2006.  I am always looking for more "writerly" things and groups.  I look forward to getting to know each and every one here. 
Evelyn

SuzieHarris

Re: Hi from Evelyn, another newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 04:04:07 AM »
Hi Evelyn,

Welcome to the forum. This is a place to make new friends, share ideas and get good, honest feedback on your work. Congratulations on your previous publishing success, and I wish you well in your new goals.

I look forward to seeing you around and reading some of your work.

Suzie x

Lin

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 09:57:50 AM »
Hello Evelyin,

I'm Lin and welcome to this forum.   Looking forward to hearing what you have to offer the group.   Its seems we are all at different stages of writing, so its a good mixter maxter of folks all with similar goals. 

Looking forward to chatting with you in the future

Lin

Offline aelfwin

• Unicorn, the symbol of fantasy
    • The Aelf's Bloggery
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 11:38:32 AM »
Hi Evelyn, Welcome aboard! You've picked an absolutely great site. As Lin said, we're a mix of writers, all the way from newbies taking pen in hand for the first time, to "Old" Pros whos fingertips are worn and callused from banging away at keys. This is a really good place to get feedback on projects that you are writing, just post it. I am 64 and have just recently taken up writing once again. I did have some poetry published in my early twenties. Now that I don't have to struggle to pay the rent, etc. I am able to give full time to writing, a novel in this instance. See ya soon  :) Regards, aelf