Author Topic: Paul.W  (Read 23099 times)

nassj

Paul.W
« on: January 30, 2007, 07:18:14 AM »
Our good friend Paul isn't too well at the minute. This is from Dawn's (wifey's) blog.

So today Paul had an Angiogram - you could see a number of the main arteries were narrowed. So we resigned ourselves to the Angioplasty in Edinburgh. However, this evening the consultant came in an said the left one was totally blocked off - so there is no way the angioplasty would work - it would have to be a bypass. This floored both of us. It will also have to happen in Abrdeen.The whole thing, including recovery afterwards, should take 7 to 10 days - but what is freaking Paul out more is being stuck in hospital until the operation. At this stage all he wants to do is come home. We will know more in terms of when this can happen tomorrow. Will keep you posted...

I would like to say get well soon Paul. I wish you all the best and I'll be thinking of you.
You have been a good friend to me while I have been here, helping me loads with my bad spelling and grammer. Grammar.
The place isn't the same with out you and your duck army. We need your humour. There is only so much seriousness one can take.
Thinking of you, Candy.

Patron

Re: Paul.W
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2007, 07:23:57 AM »
I am sorry to hear this but thank God that the Doctors seem to have a handle on bypasses and stints.

Paul I wish you the best and will wait to see how you are doing.

Sincerely

Patron ;)

N.Mott

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »
Looking out for a duck to send you, Paul - far more useful than a bunch of flowers, although I'm not sure what the nurses would make of it. Armageddon comes to the cardiac ward - everybody duck!!

:D

There's a 'get well soon' in there somewhere.

- Naomi

Offline Amie

• Esteemed Contributor
    • threegeese
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 08:29:47 AM »
I've only two minutes on this connection to respond, but just wanted to say that all my best thoughts and wishes are with you Dawn and Paul!!!!
"You do not need to leave your room. Remain sitting at your table and listen. Do not even listen, simply wait, be quiet still and solitary. The world will freely offer itself to you to be unmasked, it has no choice, it will roll in ecstasy at your feet." - Kafka

Offline amalia

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 09:05:00 AM »
Thank you Candy Floss for posting that. I had been to Paul's blog to try and find out what was up. I should have thought to look at his wife's!

Well I wish Paul well. He is certainly missed on MWC.

Offline rewh2oman

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 09:09:34 AM »
Thanks for the update Candy!   I had missed the DuckMan's postings as I always look forward to reading them (They make me smile). 

Get well quick Paul!   MWC needs you!

...russ

memnoch

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 09:49:23 AM »
I didn't know anything. Can someone pm me Dawns blog. If i can I'll visit him in hospital.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 09:51:03 AM »

I haven't been around much myself, but I always enjoy reading Pauls writing and comments on other peoples work.

Hope he has a speedy recovery.  :)
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

nassj

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2007, 09:55:22 AM »
Click onto Paul's blog then there is a link there to dawn's.

Offline jeff

• A Moonbeam Shines On Viroconium
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 09:58:23 AM »
Good luck and get well soon.

Offline eric

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 10:17:02 AM »
Thinking of you, Paul and Dawn.  Get well soon.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 10:27:09 AM »
Everyone is thinking positive thoughts for you Paul. 

Rats - I sent him chocolate and he can't eat it!  Enjoy, Dawn.

Carrie

N.Mott

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 10:36:03 AM »
Rats - I sent him chocolate and he can't eat it!  Enjoy, Dawn.

I don't mind volunteering to eat Paul's chocolates    - anything for you, Paul   ;D

:D :D :D :D

nassj

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 10:36:48 AM »
Want to share Naomi?  ;D

Offline jeanette

• jeanette's website
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 11:03:49 AM »
Best wishes Paul, hope you're up and about soon :)
\"Abandoned\" is available from www.lulu.com/content/2072117<br /><br />\"the Dragon\'s Promise is available from<br />www.lulu.com/content/8075592<br />visit my website at www.jeanettemccarthy.co.uk