Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 69175 times)

Offline Angeleyes

Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2006, 04:42:08 PM »
Well, finally worked out how to do this! Yes I'm the blond one! Say no more!!  By the way, that's my sister with me. I know, I know, we look totally different.

Ooh, It's a bit scary seeing yourself on screen.

Just thought of a good name for the dating agency...'The Write Choice' What do you think Jenny and Joel?? Are you really flying off to see him?? Sorry can't help being nosey!! ::)

Ann

Hey Ann dont forget me - Im going in November but Joel is at work on that day!! Anyway hubby might get in the way!!! LOL   LIN
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 08:31:35 AM by Lin »
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

jmack

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2006, 09:40:36 AM »
Jenny -- I'll have the limo waiting and a bunch of red roses, how does that sound?

And Ann, "The Write Choice" sounds perfect. Could even say "The Write Match"?? eh eh eh?

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2006, 10:06:52 AM »

Jenny and Lin fighting over Joel!!hehe. Lovin' it.

ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING
LIN
« Last Edit: March 01, 2006, 11:50:38 AM by Lin »
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline Jenny

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2006, 02:19:27 PM »

Oh my darling Joel that sounds truly amazing. cant remember the last time a bloke bought me flowers. oh yeah it was my dad when he'd accidently ran over my cat - it's still alive but minus a leg!! bless its little 3 paws!

No worries Lin we can share - I reckon he's got enough to go around!! :o 

Offline ddraigmor

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »
I've made my avatar my favourite subjects: The Romans and horses -

- but a photo of me and a true story can be found at: http://thedecklocker.blogspot.com/

Hope that helps? Don't worry; I don't scare horses so you lot should be fine :-)

Jonty

sjreed56

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2006, 02:24:17 AM »
Jayel, The author me ...

http://jayelgibson.livejournal.com/?skip=20

So are you the sugar glider? I like you already. I have two of those little darlings living behind my desk. ~ Sherry

Jayel

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2006, 01:37:19 PM »
Hi Sherry - LOL - I wish I were so cute!

Sugar gliders rule my nights! I have eight of them; they have their own room complete with climbing ropes, folliage and burlap ceiling to facilitate racing about upside down.  I was a moderator at GliderCentral for years before my writing schedule got in the way, even my author website links to them. Aren't they the most enchanting beings on the planet?

In each of my novels a "downy flier" (aka sugar glider) plays a companion role to one of the main characters. Even my chapter header art for the Ancient Mirrors series is a sugar glider. ;D  http://ancientmirrors.com/images/phelan_chapterheader.JPG  They have been a real hit at several book signings.

My oldest is 8 years and youngest (twins boys born at my house) are 8 months out of pouch.

SuzieHarris

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »
erm.... I'm risking looking thick here, but...

What IS a sugar glider?????

Suzie x

Jayel

« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2006, 01:48:03 PM »
Wee marsupials from Indonesia and Australia - make the absolute best companion animals in the world.

This is Precious.

And here are the 'boys', Nicholas and Alexander, playing on their ropes:

« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 01:53:03 PM by Jayel »

SuzieHarris

« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2006, 01:55:55 PM »
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh bless!!!

They are SOOOO sweet. That's it I want one now. I'll even swap the kids for one!  ::)

Suzie x

Jayel

« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2006, 02:09:49 PM »
*smiles* They travel much easier than children too!  The only two non-fiction articles I ever wrote were about sugar gliders. One on the bonding process and one on traveling with these magickal, mystical beings.

Lin

« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2006, 02:28:26 PM »
Oh I just love the SG's.   They are wonderful.   I didnt know you could keep them as pets.   Ive only ever seen them in the wild years ago.

They are wonderful.   Being a wildlife person and conservationist I think your photos are great.

Lin
« Last Edit: March 04, 2006, 02:54:06 AM by Lin »

Jayel

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2006, 02:48:12 PM »
Thanks Lin. Something we have in common - I am also a licensed wild life rehabilitator (I deal mostly with raptors).  I do have to clarify that suggies aren't pets in the dictionary.com sense of the word - the are demanding companions and require nocturnal human companions, a great deal of attention and affection, special diets, and exotic vets if they are to be happy and healthy. They are illegal in many places and I have had to make emergency treks into California (an illegal neighboring state) to pull gliders out of homes before they were confiscated and euthanised by government agencies. Living with exotics requires a great deal of committment and research. All but three of those living with me are rescues.

Telcontar

« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2006, 03:15:53 PM »
Hi Joel.

Cute little things! I'm curious about one thing, the one with his back to us, is he wearing Wellies? (Wellingon Boots)

Cheers,

Dave.

sjreed56

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2006, 10:39:27 PM »
Awe they are adorable. They have a whole room?  Lucky little things.  Mine only get to come out of their cage for periods of time. Their cage is fairly big though.  I wanted some suggies for years and just got a pair of sisters last fall.  They are great company while Im by myself, at my desk at night.  When I need a break I swing around and open their cage and they come out to play. When they think they have been ignored long enough they bark at me. I just love them.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:28:57 PM by sjreed56 »