Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 77385 times)

Dave Driver

Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #405 on: September 08, 2006, 06:42:16 PM »

Dave Driver

« Reply #406 on: September 08, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
Me outside the house.

Don`t know what I was doing with the text previously!!

Dave Driver

« Reply #407 on: September 08, 2006, 06:55:53 PM »
I`ve just been messing about with my picture.

SO here is a picture of me in the house dressed as a pirate,not stood outside dressed in everyday clothes.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #408 on: September 09, 2006, 02:48:24 AM »
 ;D :D Lovin' it Dave.

I'm not going to ask why you were dressed up like that.... :o
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Dave Driver

« Reply #409 on: September 09, 2006, 04:31:34 AM »
It`s probably not what your thinking.

Offline CarrieSheppard

• All it took was a visit to AZ...
    • My blog pages
« Reply #410 on: September 09, 2006, 05:40:22 AM »
That looks like leather to me....  ;D

Carrie

Offline Big T

• Cheers, enjoy your day!
« Reply #411 on: September 09, 2006, 07:16:27 AM »
That looks like leather to me....  ;D

Carrie

Ooohhhhh Carrie, your 'fantasy' side is showing.  ;D

T
Big T  :o

Dave Driver

« Reply #412 on: September 09, 2006, 09:45:48 AM »
Of course it`s leather!!

Offline CarrieSheppard

• My blog pages
« Reply #413 on: September 09, 2006, 11:00:30 AM »
hmmmmmmm.... leather (said in female version of 'Homer' voice)

Carrie, your 'fantasy' side is showing. 

Whoops!  Tucked it away again now, thanks for noticing.

Carrie

Nadine L

« Reply #414 on: September 09, 2006, 12:12:12 PM »
Angel eyes,

Thanks.  It was just a snap shot taken at the beach with a disposable camera.  I'm glad you like it.  I took a bunch of teasing for putting it on the back of my book rather than a professional photo.  I just thought a real photo wouldn't look right for that book.  I love the beach, too.  There IS something about it, isn't there?

Here is a live beach camera site. I have it set to the setting of my book.  It looks over cast there this morning. You can change it to other beaches along the left side.
http://www.surfline.com/surfline/livecams/report.cfm?alias=sealbeachcam

There is a 3x3 inch square at the upper left where it will run an advertisement, then a live shop of the beach. When it stops you can click on the "screen" where it reads, "reload camera".  It doesn't work as well for dial up.  Also read down for surf report etc. The site is busy with advertisements because it is expensive to run, but if you don't mind, it is kind of interesting. Since the camera is live, you have to factor the time difference...Pacific time is Zulu minus 7 hours.

Nadine

Dave Driver

« Reply #415 on: September 09, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
Hmmmmmm

I`m going before I get into trouble.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #416 on: September 10, 2006, 04:16:58 AM »
Angel eyes,

Thanks.  It was just a snap shot taken at the beach with a disposable camera.  I'm glad you like it.  I took a bunch of teasing for putting it on the back of my book rather than a professional photo.  I just thought a real photo wouldn't look right for that book.  I love the beach, too.  There IS something about it, isn't there?

Here is a live beach camera site. I have it set to the setting of my book.  It looks over cast there this morning. You can change it to other beaches along the left side.
http://www.surfline.com/surfline/livecams/report.cfm?alias=sealbeachcam

There is a 3x3 inch square at the upper left where it will run an advertisement, then a live shop of the beach. When it stops you can click on the "screen" where it reads, "reload camera".  It doesn't work as well for dial up.  Also read down for surf report etc. The site is busy with advertisements because it is expensive to run, but if you don't mind, it is kind of interesting. Since the camera is live, you have to factor the time difference...Pacific time is Zulu minus 7 hours.

Nadine

I don't blame you for using your own photograph...it's lovely.  Thanks you so much for the link to the beach. Unfortunately it seemed quite dull when I was having a look, so will try again today when I get chance. It still blows me away that I can watch places/people on the other side of the world, while sitting in my little house in England. Isn't technology wonderful!

-Henry Ford.

Nadine L

« Reply #417 on: September 10, 2006, 04:52:44 AM »
Angeleyes,

Yes, it also makes it possible to go around the world in places like MWC.

Dull, oh so true...storm off the coast, overcast...and it looked like rain on the camera to me.  We're even getting rain here (in the desert) from California.  The link is always on my website, so you can always find it there.

You are probably the only person besides myself who likes that photo.  There is another goofy one on my website homepage.  Which do you like better?

Nadine

Offline CarrieSheppard

• My blog pages
« Reply #418 on: September 10, 2006, 05:40:38 AM »
Hey Nadine,

It's a nice photo!  I much prefer it to that 'soft light, hand on chin, wistful' thing most writers stick on the back of their books.

Carrie

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #419 on: September 10, 2006, 10:28:47 AM »
Angeleyes,

Yes, it also makes it possible to go around the world in places like MWC.

Dull, oh so true...storm off the coast, overcast...and it looked like rain on the camera to me.  We're even getting rain here (in the desert) from California.  The link is always on my website, so you can always find it there.

You are probably the only person besides myself who likes that photo.  There is another goofy one on my website homepage.  Which do you like better?

Nadine

I love both photos. You look good in a baseball hat! By the way, just had another look at the webcam and it's still cloudy there!! I had a quick peek at some others and saw the sea! I will keep looking now! ;D

-Henry Ford.