Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 69407 times)

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2006, 10:22:57 AM »
HI Raevan,

SAY, there's a good cuppa in Earl Gey. Our Byronesk Captain Piccard preferred this to any other beverage whenever he comtemplated some serious trouble in the universe. So it looks like we're in good company no matter what our bev prefs are. So All you'all, have a cuppa your favorite an me. Waiter, we'll all have a round.  ;D mary

Offline ellie

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2006, 12:17:27 PM »
Its Taylors of Harrogate's 'Yorkshire Tea' for us!
I always take a ready surply on my frequent trips to Portugal....can't stand  those awful limp weak bags on a string that get served you abroad! :o
Maybe thats why I become a coffeeolic whilst on hol ;D
The cure for boredom is curiosity.There is no cure for curiosity
Oscar Wilde
http://www.goldstarbooks.co.uk/ellie_Bowdery.htm

Offline chillies

« Reply #92 on: March 28, 2006, 03:56:14 PM »
I prefer PG Tips myself and it has to be strong. I really cannot stand weak tea.

chillies

Offline spanker

• Creatures of the night
« Reply #93 on: March 29, 2006, 06:52:59 AM »
Well, Angeleyes, I was creating a profile on my kids wrestling game.  I created a She-male and spanker just popped into my not so ballanced mind.  I've just used it ever since, that and Dr. Dad. 
I don't drink water because fish do rude things in it-W.C.Fields

Offline scorpiozman

• To know me is to ____ me.
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2006, 07:09:11 PM »
I see you aren't brave enough to put your e-mail....lol ;D

Offline Daniel

• Daniel
« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2006, 08:36:54 PM »

Offline deanerbeaner

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2006, 10:51:32 PM »

Me and a much needed cup of Earl Grey

Raevan,
This is deanerbeaner aka Dean. Despite the possibility that I may be ridiculed by the forum, I have to ask: what's Earl Gray (I know it's a drink, but what kind of a drink is it)?

Offline raevan

• Cursor Servant
« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2006, 11:26:08 PM »
It's tea... Twinings make the only drinkable version, in my opinion. It's got bergamot in it to flavour it.

Offline noelgama

• Between the Sword and the Pen... are the words!
    • HR Writing For The 21st Century
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2006, 11:32:24 PM »
And here's how I look after a few swigs of a concoction made by mixing Chivas Regal, chilled Pepsi and lemon juice! Its a Portuguese-style backyard barbecue - the meat comes from 'piglings' and a special salad is made by baking a few brinjals by burying them in the earth and make a fire over them! The hot pulp is mixed with sugar-cane vinegar, chopped onions and green chillies:)
Author, "Culture Wise INDIA" (Survival Books, UK) & "Writer of the Year 2007" of Writers Bureau, UK

Offline mccpcorn

« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »
It's tea... Twinings make the only drinkable version, in my opinion. It's got bergamot in it to flavour it.

I like the Twinnings Fruit teas, Cinnamon etc, not too fond of Earl Grey though. ^^;

Offline Daniel

• Daniel
« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2006, 09:15:23 AM »
That is really odd you two arn't too fond of earl grey. I know what it is.

jmack

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2006, 09:49:26 AM »
Okay okay . . . I've been silently watching this thread for quite some time now.  But now, I have to add my two cents. Earl Grey is horrible stuff. It makes me think of drinking gin, or in fact, drinking a bottle of perfume. Ugh!! Definitely not my cup of tea -- literally. I can't remember who said it, but surprisingly, Tetleys, to this day is one of the best teas around. Especially "All Rounders". Throw two of them in a cup and let it soak for a good few minutes, and voilah! you'll have a strong brew worthy of the Gods.

Not sure whether they stock Dilmah over there in the UK. It's run by a Sri Lankan family here in Australia, but I believe they import as well. Probably the best tea there is. It isn't mixed junk like Twinings. it comes from one source -- pure Ceylon tea! Trust me, it's definitely worth trying.

(Obviously, I've read the brochure in the box!! And I also worked in marketing once as well. LOL)

Offline Daniel

• Daniel
« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2006, 10:01:18 AM »
I like all kinds of teas but I really dislike the fruit teas.

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2006, 10:07:51 AM »
OK tea lovers, You'll love to hear of the Republic of Teas. It is the best quality found here in the states. You have a glorious choice of pure picks or blends. For those who avoid the flowery teas stay away from Jasmine or any of the White teas. Save them all for me. The blacks are also most worthy. Try some?  mary

Offline Jenny

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2006, 10:38:48 AM »
I'll drink anything whether it be pipping hot, luke warm or on the rocks. The only drinks that I have problem with are those health shakes - celery shake! what is that all about?

I'm dreaming of my first cocktail of the weekend.................... hmmmm a geisha - vodka, champayne, raspberry, fresh mint and lots of crushed ice!! A beauty!

Have a great weekend all

Jenny