Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 69161 times)

SuzieHarris

Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #75 on: March 09, 2006, 03:01:20 AM »
Orchid,

You are lovely looking!

I, too, am a larger lady, and finally after years of self-loathing, I am happy with myself. I won't ever be thin - so what? I'm me, take it or leave it  ;D

Let's hear it for larger ladies *clap* *clap*

Aelf:

I can remember Rolf Harris very well, I am 37 this year. I used to watch him paint those lovely pictures and from that I trained to be a graphic designer at college.

Suzie xx
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 03:04:32 AM by Suzie »

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2006, 03:07:29 AM »
Definitely a resemblance to Rolfie!!heheh.

orchid15, I love your piccie. I used to get bullied at school, and it is something I can't really talk about, even now. Every time I think about it I get a knot in my stomach. I am hoping as I get older, I won't care about it, but as yet, it's still a big problem for me! :-[ Some people can be very nasty, while the majority are very nice!!
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
« Reply #77 on: March 10, 2006, 08:20:04 PM »
Somebody please help before I fall off my chair in exhaustion. I've just spent the last two hours trying to get a picture on here and failed miserably. mary

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2006, 03:02:25 AM »
Oh,mary. It took me ages to figure it out too. I'm not sure how to tell you how to do it. So unfortunately, will have to leave that up to someone else.

Ok, anyone able to tell mary how to do this??

Thanks Ann.

-Henry Ford.

Offline Symphony

• Put the kettle on
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2006, 06:35:59 AM »
Is your hair green?? hehe

Am I the only one that can see Rolf Harris in this picture?   :o

Suzie xx

It'll take a lot to convince me that that ISN'T Rolf Harris! I'm still a big fan - used to love those big paintings he did on TV. I bought all his CDs again last year - they were a small compromise in the car - the kids love him and it's definitely a step better than endless nursery rhymes!!! So now we have a classical CD, then Rolfie, then more classics, then Rolfie - works well on the long journeys!  ;D

Amazing likeness, Aelf - you could win competitions with that photo!!!

Symphony

p.s. Mary - sorry, can't help! I had to put a piccie in my profile as I wasn't able to simply put an image into a normal posting!

Offline The Matelot

• PATAGOMÁNIA
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2006, 08:40:13 AM »
Mornin´Mary,

In order to post a phot within the main body of text you need to have a phot already on the web...somewhere.

Do You have your required picture already on the web?

If yes...click on the icon - 2nd row down and 2nd from the left (the one that looks like Van Gogh´s Field of wheat with cypresses), you will get 2 `img´ fields in square brackets.

In between these bracket insert the FULL URL (http://www.yoursite.com/your_photo.jpg) of your photo. . .voila!

If you just want to place your photo on your profile:

1. Click

2. Click
Forum Profile information
- on the left
3. Tick the radio button
I will upload my own picture:
4. Click to search your hard drive for the required photo, not sure what your button will say, mine´s in Spanish!
search through your hard drive until you find the phot and. . .voila
5. Lastly, click
Change profile
- at the bottom

Good luck

Tam

I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me - Oscar Wilde

Offline orchid15

• Leona's Happy place
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2006, 12:17:26 PM »
I don't see your picture yet, so decided to send you upload instructions.

If the picture is on your PC, it has to be in Jpeg or GIF format.  I have Microsoft Picture it on my computer and it saves to its own format, which won't transfer to the web.  So look at the file name and see if the letters gif or jpeg are after the period.  If not, you need =to open the picture and resave it using that format.

Once your file is in the right format, you need to go to the right page on my writers Circle to load it.  Press the profile button at the top.  6hen press personal profile information.

To put a photo on from your PC, tic the box that says "I will upload my own picture.  Then press the browse button.  That opens a window that lets you access any file on your PC.  Find your picture and choose it.  then press enter.  It should upload.

If your picture is on the web, you have to know its URL address.  If you open a separate window and go to your picture, then the writing in the address bar is your URL address.

feel free to contact me if you need more help- just use personal message and I will get back to you.

Orchid15
"The beautiful part of writing is that you don't havto get it right the first time, unlike, say, a brain surgeon." Robert Cormier

website: www.leonashappyplace.com    newsletter:Leonas BrainCandy

Offline Gltagaman

« Reply #82 on: March 12, 2006, 04:11:12 PM »
Hi Orchid

Thank you for the instructions on putting my phizog on my profile. I've first got to find a nice jpeg picture and then join the rogue's and rouguess's gallery. On second thought I might substitute my alter ego.

See you soon

Geoff
Have Thinkpad will write

Offline mary

• Me and my therapy dog, Woof
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2006, 07:58:11 PM »
Look what my wonderful daughter did for me.  mary

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2006, 03:33:19 AM »
Great to finally see your picture Mary!! :D

My 12 year old son had to show me how to copy and paste things. Ain't kids great!!

-Henry Ford.

Offline raevan

• Cursor Servant
« Reply #85 on: March 23, 2006, 12:53:06 AM »

Me and a much needed cup of Earl Grey

Offline spanker

• Creatures of the night
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2006, 08:04:07 AM »
This is me.  It's a good thing my writing is more creative than my sense of style.
I don't drink water because fish do rude things in it-W.C.Fields

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2006, 08:37:13 AM »
Some more great pictures. Sorry raevan,I can't stand Earl Gray. I thougt it had a funny twang to it. I like the more boring tea.(A bit like me!) :D

spanker; great photo, but I have to ask...'spanker'?...where did you get that name from?? :D ;D

-Henry Ford.

Offline mccpcorn

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »
spanker; great photo, but I have to ask...'spanker'?...where did you get that name from?? :D ;D

I don't think we want to know!  :D

Seriously though great to see more piccies, although I too prefer boring tea (sorry raevan!)

Offline The Matelot

• PATAGOMÁNIA
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2006, 10:14:36 AM »

. . .what I would do for a cuppa Teltley´s! (No suggestions please)!!!!

Why is that Tetley´s is (in my opinion), the best tea on the planet, yet worldwide they provide only Liptons? ???

Tam
I like talking to a brick wall, it's the only thing in the world that never contradicts me - Oscar Wilde