Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 69404 times)

Offline Fair to Middling

Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #540 on: July 17, 2007, 11:05:48 AM »
Yeah, sometimes forums use the same tags, sometimes you end up with +/I+ and +/quote+ strewn throughout a post when the tags are different.  I usually go for the Kevorkian Dodge and avoid using them altogether.
The greatest gift of night is not stealth, but daring.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #541 on: August 11, 2007, 10:15:32 AM »
I can't think of another way to put this, but it sounds confrontational.  I hope it doesn't upset anyone.

I thought these threads only existed on gaming boards full of 1337 5p34k and flame wars.  Where's the one asking where we all live and how old we are?

Can I ask why this matters to people?  I really couldn't care less what a forum poster looks like.

Hmmm... good question Fair to Middling. I guess it's me who started this thread, so I'll answer your question. Firstly, I find writing to be quite a solitude affair. I'm sure you know what I mean. We slave for hours over the keyboard and never see another human face for what can be hours, and in some cases, days, at a time. So I sat with my lovely cup of tea and began to wonder who else is sitting there at their computers...writing.
Writing, for me, is a hobby. I don't take myself seriously at all, and I have to say that I have met some lovely people here at MWC.(You know who you are! ;D) Putting a face to a name isn't the 'be all and end all', it's just me being a bit curious, that's all.
Anyway, lovely to meet you, even if I never get to see what you look like. :D I hope to be around a little bit more, as I'm thinking of writing again now.  ;)

Hugs, Ann. x

May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Nadine L

« Reply #542 on: August 11, 2007, 10:50:54 AM »
Ann,

Good to hear you have time to write again after finishing your classes. Hopefully, we'll see you around MWC more often now.  :D

Nadine

Offline ellie

« Reply #543 on: August 11, 2007, 01:33:34 PM »
Hiya Ann..great to see you here! ;)
Hope all is well with you & yours? Hows you young daughter getting on..hope she is well?

I was thinking of you the other day and that I hadn't seen you around but guess you've been a busy girl.
I havent' seen Scarlet around for a while either..hope shes okay?

Lotsa love elliex
The cure for boredom is curiosity.There is no cure for curiosity
Oscar Wilde
http://www.goldstarbooks.co.uk/ellie_Bowdery.htm

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #544 on: August 12, 2007, 03:58:21 AM »
Hi Nadine and Ellie, thanks for that.

The studying I've been doing was to become a Reiki practitoner and EFT therapist. I'm now working for myself. I love what I do. Are you still gardening Ellie? Bet you haven't enjoyed the recent wet weather we have been having.

Grace is doing really well ;D We went to America in March and she loved it, (as did my other two) but finding gluten free food outside of the Disney parks was....difficult!

Ellie, it's funny you say you were thinking about Scarlet the other day...I was too. Strange, eh!

Sooooo....have I missed anything exciting? Oh yes, congrats on being made a moderator Nadine!! (Sorry it's a bit late to say it, but I have been busy :D)

I had a little peek at my novel that is stashed away in a drawer, and thanks to a member on karlsforum, I've decided to start editing it now. :o

Well guys, it's nice to be back. Hope to catch up with everyone soon. Hugs, Ann. :-* :-*

May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.