Author Topic: What do you all look like??  (Read 71947 times)

Sandy

Re: What do you all look like??
« Reply #135 on: April 25, 2006, 06:31:33 PM »
What you see is what you get I'm afraid. There I am in the box on the left of your screen. I've also used the same photo on my website and trust me it's my best side! I tried to get my partner to take a more professional photo of me sitting at my desk but you couldn't see me for all the clutter. ;D

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #136 on: April 26, 2006, 04:57:26 AM »
I think your picture is great Scarlet. You say you have a cluttered desk, you should see mine. :o I've got so much junk on it I can barely get to my keyboard. ::)
May all your dreams come true.

Whether you think you can, or think you can't....you're right!
-Henry Ford.

Sandy

« Reply #137 on: April 26, 2006, 06:05:18 AM »
Thanks Angeleyes you've made my day! I'll return the favour and say you have chosen the perfect name for yourself.  :)

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #138 on: April 26, 2006, 09:22:31 AM »
Oh, thanks Scarlet. It has made my day, that I have made your day!!hehe.  ;D I love to make people smile. I usually smile at everyone I pass in the street and I find it sad that not many people can smile back. It doesn't cost anything! But it does make my day when someone does smile back!! Little things eh! ::)  Mind you, I've just thought, maybe they think I'm crackers. hehe. :-\

Ann.

-Henry Ford.

Sandy

« Reply #139 on: April 26, 2006, 09:49:07 AM »
Hi Angeleyes,

I can relate to that. A smile costs nothing and in fact, laughter can be a very important therapy. There are even some Laughter Clinics around that can help you to discover the funnier side. One word of caution though, not everyone is able to smile. My condition, Myasthenia Gravis, is connected to weak muscles and some people I know can't smile because their facial muscles are too weak. If you want to know more have a look at my website. I've also got an extract from an article I wrote on 'Laughter Therapy'. So I guess if you don't get a smile straight away have a look at their eyes, like yours I'm sure they will be smiling!

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #140 on: April 26, 2006, 09:56:30 AM »
Oh Scarlet, I never thought of that. I'm going to go and have a look at your website now.
Take care.
Ann.

WOW Scarlet, what a fantastic website. I have added it to my favourites now. If anyone else reads this, go and have a look. You will be glad you did!!
All the best Scarlet. And thanks again. ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2006, 10:25:54 AM by Angeleyes »

-Henry Ford.

Offline ellie

« Reply #141 on: April 26, 2006, 11:38:08 AM »
Nice website Scarlet, thanks! ;D
This thing on smiling ?....People who have suffered strokes, don't always get the use of the facial muscles  back again(my uncle had this)..

and a few years back, after our return from living in Portugal, I was out one night and the left side of my face felt 'funny'..and I couldn't move my mouth properly...overnight it worsened and I couldn't close my eye,which was watering very badly..
went to doctors and he told me I had Bell's facial palsy. By then side of my face was frozen. I couldn't eat or drink or speak properly let alone smile!
It did wear off after a month, but at the time I looked as though Id suffered a stroke.
My daughter's young schoolfriedn had the same thing and it lasted almost a year. Some people never get the use of the facial muscles back..I was lucky! Mind you, my eye took a long time to get better.
But a smile goes a long way I think? I know it makes me feel good!...and I always make a point of smiling at folk in wheelchairs, as I often think they get overlooked in our busy way of life ;D
elliex

The cure for boredom is curiosity.There is no cure for curiosity
Oscar Wilde
http://www.goldstarbooks.co.uk/ellie_Bowdery.htm

Sandy

« Reply #142 on: April 26, 2006, 01:35:01 PM »
Well! What a wonderful day I'm having with all this praise being heaped on me, makes a girl feel really special. Thanks very much. I don't know if you noticed on my links page I've put a link to a website which is all about laughter therapy. It's author is a trainee Mental Health Nurse and he developed it as part of his course. Have a look under Self-Development when you've a spare 5 minutes  it's a giggle ;D

Thanks again, I haven't stopped singing all day - one way to get my partner out mowing the lawn!

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #143 on: April 26, 2006, 01:43:34 PM »
Ok Angeleyes,
My problem IS putting a picture on this page. ::)

Finally found one and saved it in 'my docs' can follow your instructions up until Browse - where do I click then to upload? ???

CATHY C.
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Bubbles

« Reply #144 on: April 26, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »
Oh well, someone did ask!!    Same pic as my thumbnail, same woman, different day!  It's great we can all get an idea of who's who, though, don't you think?  I belong to other forums where this isn't done, and I've always wished I could 'see' who I was talking to.  Not that it makes a lot of difference to the content of conversation, of course, but nice, just the same.

Bubbles.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #145 on: April 26, 2006, 04:40:08 PM »
Ok Angeleyes,
My problem IS putting a picture on this page. ::)

Finally found one and saved it in 'my docs' can follow your instructions up until Browse - where do I click then to upload? ???

CATHY C.

Hi Cathy. Ok, when you click on 'browse' a box should appear called 'Choose File'. Look for 'My Documents'and click on it. Find the file name with your photo and double click on it. That should do it. (I think!!) I'm pretty new to all this too...so I hope I got that right. ::)

-Henry Ford.

Offline Angeleyes

« Reply #146 on: April 26, 2006, 04:43:37 PM »
Hi Bubbles. Lovely picture and lovely name. Like you say, I started this thread because I like to see who I'm chatting to, it makes no difference, it's just nice.

-Henry Ford.

Offline Cathy C

• Procrastination is the thief of time.
« Reply #147 on: April 26, 2006, 05:27:27 PM »
Ok Angeleyes, none of that works. :'( Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Can get the file to come up but when I double click nothing happens. ???

Feeling stoooopid now ;D.

CATHY C
Novel: Where There’s Smoke. Published by Fireborn publishing http://amzn.to/2tZKNCn

Short Story: A Killer Week Published by Bridge House http://amzn.to/2rhLVAX

Offline Bubbles

« Reply #148 on: April 26, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »
Right Cathy....to post my pic, this is exactly what I did..... 

Go to Google....type in the word ImageShack.(there are two choices...1.  ImageShack® - Hosting   and 2.  ImageShack® - Register...........if you have had nothing, ever, to do with them, you'll need to go to the nos 2 choice, BUT IT'S SIMPLE TO REG AND FREE, so, don't worry...just follow instructions....you could even try going to the nos 1 first and seeing if they'll let you do it anyway....but if not...go to the nos 2 and reg, then go back to the nos 1 and do this................THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL SEE (OR VERY SIMILAR, SOME OF THE COLOURED TEXT BOXES DIDN'T APPEAR, BUT IT'S NOT IMPORTANT FOR THIS EXPLANATION........................................................................

ImageShack® | Slideshows | Tools | Common Questions | Terms of Service | My Images 
img100 at 38.99.76.133
  ImageShack's mission is to provide an easy-to-use image hosting service for everyone.

Want to start an image slideshow? Click here!............................THE WORD BROWSE IS SHOWN HERE, CLICK IT.....THEN YOU'LL GET YOUR OWN CHOICE OF FOLDERS ON YOUR OWN PC SHOWING........GO TO THE FOLDER WHICH CONTAINS THE PICTURE YOU'D LIKE TO BE SHOWN ON HERE.......CLICK THE PIC.....CLICK OPEN.....THEN JUST BELOW THE WORDS 'CLICK HERE' ARE THE WORDS....'HOST IT'.......CLICK THAT......

WAIT FOR ABOUT 30 SECS TO A MINUTE.....THEN YOU'LL GET A SCREEN UP LIKE THIS.....................

ImageShack® | Slideshows | Tools | Common Questions | Terms of Service | My Images 
Upload another image. Register for free. Link to this page. Please don't change any codes while linking!

Please use clickable thumbnail codes (they save ImageShack's bandwidth[/b
]):

AGAINST THESE FOLLOWING 3 YOU'LL SEE LOTS OF LINES OF PRINT, ONE LONG ONE FOR EACH, YOU CAN USE THE 'THUMBNAIL FOR FORUMS (1) IF YOU WANT TO PUT A PIC ON YOUR PROFILE UNDERNEATH YOUR NAME....THAT'LL BE A SMALL ONE.....BUT IF YOU WANT A BIGGER ONE FOR THE MAIN BODY OF THE MESSAGE, IGNORE THESE FOLLOWING THREE AND GO TO THE NEXT LOT WHICH SAY....'HOTLINK FOR FORUMS'...............
Thumbnail for Websites
 Thumbnail for forums (1)
 Thumbnail for forums (2)
 Link back to ImageShack or use the banners and buttons.

Tagworld - Join for FREE!
Don't know where to post your newly-uploaded image?
Try TagWorld! Joining is FREE!
www.TagWorld.com 

RIGHT, WE'RE DOWN TO HERE NOW.........

Hotlink for forums (1)
 Hotlink for forums (2)
 Hotlink for Websites
 Show image to friends

SEE THE FIRST SELECTION?....'HOTLINK FOR FORUMS (1)?'............THE LIST OF LETTERS AND NUMBERS WHICH APPEAR BESIDE THAT ONE....THAT'S THE ONE YOU'LL NEED, SO DO THE FOLLOWING.......

HIGHLIGHT THE WHOLE OF THOSE LETTERS AND NUMBERS, THEN..............HOLD DOWN CTRL C................NOW, GO TO OUR WRITING FORUM, TO THE MAIN BODY OF THE MESSAGE, WHERE I'M WRITING NOW........THEN, PRESS CTRL V...........AND THAT LIST OF NUMBERS AND LETTERS WILL APPEAR.....AT THIS TIME ALL YOU'LL SEE ARE THOSE NUMBERS AND LETTERS......NOT THE PIC.......BUT GO TO PREVIEW AND THERE WILL BE YOUR PICTURE.....

SOUNDS DIFFICULT BUT IT'S EASY, HONEST.

Hope this helps.....Bubbles.

Offline Bubbles

« Reply #149 on: April 26, 2006, 07:52:52 PM »
Meant to also put.............when you get to the final bit where you are going to put the chosen link onto our forum page, don't forget to click on this blank page before you 'CTRL V'..........(Then preview as I said before, etc.)