Author Topic: Character Development/Ideas  (Read 166 times)

Offline musclemom1234

Character Development/Ideas
« on: March 21, 2022, 04:01:20 PM »
Hi everyone,

As I work on a few story ideas, one thing that I'm interested in developing is an age difference story.

The man is older, in his 60's, probably widowed, maybe divorced. He's in decent shape, thin.

The lady he meets is in her 30's, not having the best luck with men. She finds this older guy and they become good friends, eventually finding a mutual attraction between the two.

The lady is heavily muscled to add some interesting dynamics and humor to the story.

I'm attaching two photos to see what people think of the possibilities of basing off her........

Offline Clarius

Re: Character Development/Ideas
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2022, 05:04:42 PM »
That they're both in good shape suggests a sporting motif perhaps? Maybe she's the single mom who dropped out to have her kid. He's the jaded cynical washed up has been. He sees potential in her and coaches her to triumph. In the process they heal each other's wounds. Maybe is a Cyrano De Bergerac kind of thing. They work together. He helps a younger guy woo her until she realises it's him she's fallen for. Maybe he's the loan shark's bag man who, disgusted by his profession, secretly helps her out. Maybe she's a carer for a cranky patient no one else can handle but gradually she learns his story and wins hIm round. The trick with conventional stories is to frame them in a novel way. Brokeback Mountain was a conventional love story framed in novel way. There are no new stories, just new ways to tell them. Same sex relationship anyone? Regards.
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us

- Robert Burns

Offline musclemom1234

Re: Character Development/Ideas
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2022, 12:40:13 PM »
The guy won't actually be in that great of shape. I'm just now going to make him a large, overweight guy.

He'll be tall and very slim.