Author Topic: The Reality of Sex: A Nudists Conundrum  (Read 288 times)

Offline jchilson

The Reality of Sex: A Nudists Conundrum
« on: January 02, 2022, 09:59:39 PM »
The Reality of Sex: A Nudists Conundrum

The concept of being naked is a relatively simple proposition. We are all brought into life this way and through the natural process of discovery, we realize that in most real-life situations, it’s not in our best interests to stay this way. Environmental elements dictate the need to cover this nakedness for protection, convenience, comfort, and socially derived decorum. Well, that last one really isn’t an environmental element, it’s a human manufactured ideology. But this particular ideology is not based on any kind of factual foundations. It is dependent solely upon the creation of a carefully crafted belief designed to institute a moral compass as a strict guide in the way most of us socially interact on a regular basis. It utilizes the “unknown” facets of life as a basis of reasoning in implementing controls as a guise towards enforcing this ideology. You see, being naked is a factual part of who we are. It is as real as it gets. But getting naked, well that changes everything.

We all know that in our lives, we make choices that determine the fate of how we will live. For example, after a long night’s sleep, we will need to start our bodies so that we may be able to function properly. Breakfast, for example, is designed to get our day started. We don’t all choose the same way to start our day, but sooner or later we know that if we don’t feed our bodies, our ability to function properly will falter. I was raised from early childhood to have breakfast first thing. That way once I began to become physically active for the rest of the day, the food I would consume would energize my body so that it could perform the way I wanted it too. Every day we make choices like this, and as long as it conforms to whatever social ideology that is related to that choice, we are able to move forward throughout the rest of our lives. However, sometimes ideologies have a hard time existing along with others.

Earlier I mentioned something called a moral compass. Morality is a concept designed by humans in an attempt to make right choices over wrong ones, sort of like what is good and evil. On its surface, it sounds like a very reasonable process towards having a positive direction in life. As an example, the taking of a human life is not considered to be a productive option in dealing with humanity. Our religious institutions has historically taken the lead in how social mores are propagated, influencing much of the way in which social justice is dealt with. In our example, one of the 10 commandments “Thou Shall Not Kill “has evolved since its purported manifestation and today there are varying different ways in understanding its meaning. I guess through its evolution we have had a balanced understanding that allows for us to coexist among all our life forms on earth. The moral strength of how killing has been established as definitive negative association with life easily comports with the factual outcome of death. This is also as real as it gets.

What happens when an ideology cannot be supported by any factual certainty? Much of theology is not factually supported. Simply put, God is a human derived concept with no foundation in reality. Its completely based on blind faith in a select belief of theology. It’s built on the precept that everything good is because of God, and everything evil falls on the Devil, another human derived concept. The church, which acts as a substation on earth for God, is elevated to the heights of unquestionable goodness and while here in America there is a thing called “the separation of church and state”, it maintains a sacred representation of the ultimate goodness of humanity. It can easily be argued that much of what the church stands for holds many benefits in maintaining a positive future for humanity. However, since the church is the creation of human minds, it certainly is not infallible. Even some of its own theological writings are contradictory within their own ideologies. In the Book of Genesis, it referenced how during the time of Adam and Eve, their nakedness was not realized until after eating the forbidden fruit, after which time they were somehow able to determine “their shame” of being naked, thereby needing fig leaves to hide this shame. This is a very important distinction here because this becomes the basis for the church’s stance on the appropriateness of nudity for humans. This position will stand the test of time because this church influence is instilled as a major acceptance as a social standard that is not supported by definitive evidence.

As a nudist, there is a common acceptance that nudity is nothing more than a condition where humans have no clothing on. There is no pre-requisite purpose of being in this condition. It is a completely natural reality of who we are. The choices that we make as a result of this conditioning is existential – meaning that the things we do because of this nudity are not necessarily causative because we are nude. In a nudist environment, our surroundings are absent the socialized characteristics that are frequently influential towards the mindset of sexual behavior. Some of the more obvious influences are:

How clothing sexualizes our censored body parts to achieve certain outcomes
Advertising which utilizes sexual innuendo in promoting a product or a service
Bathing suit designs which focus on attracting more attention towards what it covers rather than some conformed necessity
Group mentality utilized to diminish a person’s respectability
Portraying forms of body acceptance that defies a true reality

The biggest challenge for anyone participating in a nude lifestyle is the widespread belief that being nude is suggestive of being open towards sexual activity. Not that there is anything wrong with any adult wanting sex – that’s a whole different story – there always has been a negative socialized stigma with sex of any kind taking place. The idea of a bunch of naked people, running around having sex just does not comport to the vision of what a proper human being should be doing. Sex has always been considered a private affair, not accessible for the world to see. Therefore, if prancing around nude increases that risk, then we need to make sure that doesn’t happen. Another thing is that once people learn that this lifestyle is more family oriented - than the ideology that it’s just something of interest for single adults, it advances more of the position that it’s not socially acceptable.

I consider myself to be what is referenced to as a home nudist. Most of my nudist proclivities happen in this environment. But believe me, its not because I don’t want to go outside in the nude. Its because the ability to socialize with others like this seems non-existent. It's really difficult to seek out others who enjoy being nude without seeming like some sexual deviant. Many of us choose to hide this part because of the potential ramifications of society’s social ignorance of the lifestyle. Even in organized surroundings there is reluctance to optimize any promotion of this lifestyle. The unfortunate outside impression as a result of this factor leads others to infer that if the lifestyle was so legitimate, why do they hide?

As a person, I enjoy sex. Being nude in pursuit of this pleasurable act doesn’t feel like a necessity but rather more of a comforting attribute in experiencing the many aspects associated with sex. In that regard, its more than the physicality of what goes on, it encompasses invisible connections made from internal feelings in association with the mental acuities taking place. As a nudist, I am able to appreciate true beauty of the human being without any accompanying kind of judgements. As a man, I am more attuned to the female nude form because of my own personal preferences, not because of some sexual ideology. In the textile world, I can sometimes find myself in some wonderment, imagining what a woman’s true physical beauty is like. There are even times that can turn towards some sexual attraction that can become enhanced through my own imagination. But in a nudist setting, there is no wonderment here. The true reality is there and the need for some imaginative interactions seems not to materialize.

I’m not going to suggest that our religious moralities are what has created the unnecessary divide between sex and nudity, but its influence in this regard has certainly made a significant contribution in the inaccurate perception of this connective association. All over the world nude living in socialized environments have proven to be a healthy, moral lifestyle choice. But the until the stigma placed towards the false reality between sex and nudity ceases to exist, its going to continue to be a struggling conquest in separating the truth between nudity and sex.

Offline jchilson

Re: The Reality of Sex: A Nudists Conundrum
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2022, 09:34:34 PM »
I have noticed some reviewers of my post but no critiques. Please, any input is better than none. Your take, positive or not, is welcomed and appreciated.

Offline Heartsongsdiary

• Jan Tetstone's Poetry Diary
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2022, 10:01:18 PM »
I have noticed some reviewers of my post but no critiques. Please, any input is better than none. Your take, positive or not, is welcomed and appreciated.

The concept of being naked is a relatively simple proposition. We are all brought into life this way and through the natural process of discovery, we realize that in most real-life situations, it’s not in our best interests to stay this way.

You see, being naked is a factual part of who we are. It is as real as it gets. But getting naked, well that changes everything.

As a nudist, there is a common acceptance that nudity is nothing more than a condition where humans have no clothing on.

The biggest challenge for anyone participating in a nude lifestyle is the widespread belief that being nude is suggestive of being open towards sexual activity.

I consider myself to be what is referenced to as a home nudist. Most of my nudist proclivities happen in this environment. But believe me, its not because I don’t want to go outside in the nude. Its because the ability to socialize with others like this seems non-existent.

Quotes from your original post,above.

Your writing sounds more like an advertisement for pushing nudist camps.   I think you would benefit from recording yourself reading out loud   what you posted here,and playing it back to yourself.  jt
Be who you are...not everyone will like you but those that matter will. jt

Offline Clarius

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2022, 02:49:59 PM »
First of, the general impression. Those solid paragraphs: either an academic report, or a stream of consciousness. Secondly, omit needless words (Strunk & White et al): Orwell, Hemmingway, Steinbeck, and everyone who stands on their shoulders subscribe to this principle. Here's another. You should write to express, not write to impress. Don't use a five-dollar word when a fifty-cent word will do (Mark Twain). "The concept of being naked is a relatively simple proposition".  This opening line screams trying too hard to impress rather than express.

A paragraph is a self-contained piece of writing dealing with a particular point or theme. Here's your first paragraph.

"The concept of being naked is a relatively simple proposition. We are all brought into life this way and through the natural process of discovery, we realize that in most real-life situations, it’s not in our best interests to stay this way. Environmental elements dictate the need to cover this nakedness for protection, convenience, comfort, and socially derived decorum. Well, that last one really isn’t an environmental element, it’s a human manufactured ideology. But this particular ideology is not based on any kind of factual foundations. It is dependent solely upon the creation of a carefully crafted belief designed to institute a moral compass as a strict guide in the way most of us socially interact on a regular basis. It utilizes the “unknown” facets of life as a basis of reasoning in implementing controls as a guise towards enforcing this ideology. You see, being naked is a factual part of who we are. It is as real as it gets. But getting naked, well that changes everything."

The best thing about this paragraph is it ends with a hook, the promise that, if we read on, we'll learn how 'that changes everything."

Again, omit needless words? "...socially derived decorum". Decorum is socially derived, why hammer it home?

If I was writing this this is how I'd write it. *

We are born naked but learn to be other: experience teaches us our too too solid flesh is not so solid as we'd like, while society imposes upon us the mores du jour we needs must conform to. Whether we like it or not we're swaddled from cradle to grave. But what if we don't like it? What if we were to decide otherwise; say to hell with Maslow and mores? Ah, well that would change everything.

* and even I feel my own attempt tends towards the 'impress' rather than 'express' school of writing.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 05:50:18 AM by Clarius »
O wad some Pow'r the giftie gie us
To see oursels as others see us

- Robert Burns

Offline jchilson

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2022, 12:39:35 PM »
I appreciate the feedback and I will be reviewing my post for any possible changes, however, the posting is designed to inform and express, not impress, as you suggest. My posting is directed towards an audience favorable to a nude oriented lifestyle but it encourages outsiders to take another look into a highly misunderstood perception of a lifestyle that favors more sexually oriented motivations. I took some interest at how you felt that I utilized "big words", when more simple language would have delivered the message more effectively. That is the kind of critique I am looking for in regards to developing my writing style. You provided a sample rewrite of some lines and I found it to be more of a philosophical take as opposed towards a more true to life perspective. What I did take away from that however, is that perhaps by mixing up my writing more, it could become more attractive at maintaining the readers attention. I do agree that it may seem more academic and that is the basis of all my current writing content. So that is a very important out take here. Thank you for taking the time to read and reply.