Author Topic: Hello, I'm a new boy  (Read 99 times)

Offline Tio

Hello, I'm a new boy
« on: November 06, 2021, 09:41:26 AM »
Hello, I am an aged writer aged 88 living in Sweden.  I started writing a couple of years ago as I wanted to produce "My Story", the story of my life.  I am not interested in publishing, not this one anyway, I might progress, you never know.  I just wanted to leave a good narrative for my children, grandchildren and great grand children of which I seem to have accumulated a few.  What I leave them, I want to be readable, good English and believable.  I have finished 5 chapters so far but only got as far as leaving school and my first job so I have a lot of work to do.  Criticism will be greatly welcome as I hope I can provide a bit for other writers as one can learn a lot from others mistakes and successes. 

Offline Heartsongsdiary

• Jan Tetstone's Poetry Diary
Re: Hello, I'm a new boy
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 08:36:54 PM »
Hello, I am an aged writer aged 88 living in Sweden.  I started writing a couple of years ago as I wanted to produce "My Story", the story of my life.  I am not interested in publishing, not this one anyway, I might progress, you never know.  I just wanted to leave a good narrative for my children, grandchildren and great grand children of which I seem to have accumulated a few.  What I leave them, I want to be readable, good English and believable.  I have finished 5 chapters so far but only got as far as leaving school and my first job so I have a lot of work to do.  Criticism will be greatly welcome as I hope I can provide a bit for other writers as one can learn a lot from others mistakes and successes.

Welcome to MWC Tio.

I love this part of you introduction:   I just wanted to leave a good narrative for my children, grandchildren and great grand children of which I seem to have accumulated a few.

I, personally, believe that leaving ones family writings, documenting one's life and feelings, is the greats gift one can leave their family. Best of luck finishing your life story.

Be who you are...not everyone will like you but those that matter will. jt

Offline Tio

Re: Hello, I'm a new boy
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 04:13:42 AM »
Thank you for that.  I have one problem that has become apparent as I have read the rules and regulations of this site.  If I want some critique then my submitted article canít be more than 2000 words.  Even my first chapter is 2340 words so I assume I canít submit that.  Am I right?