Author Topic: Seeking Beta Readers for my first novel Ice, Fire & A Storm  (Read 187 times)

Offline sohemingway

Seeking Beta Readers for my first novel Ice, Fire & A Storm
« on: August 17, 2021, 03:55:53 PM »
Hello! I hope that everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I just finished writing my first novel and I am absolutely excited to get it out there! Before I can do that though, I need to have it critiqued which is why I am here. I am seeking beta readers who are willing to read my novel and give their honest opinions about it. It has 39 chapters, is 356 pages long, and has 132125 words (which I realize is quite long!). The title of my novel is Ice, Fire & A Storm and it is a young adult/drama. Below is a brief synopsis:

Liam Munroe is a fifteen-year-old senior in high school in the small town of Congruence, California. He is rejected by his peers, has no friends, and is bullied to the point where he has attempted suicide (more than once). Every day goes by in a painful blur until Liam sees new transfer student, the Los Angeles-born and bred, Xander Mitchell who is perfect in every way from his looks to his 1988 IROC Z28 Chevy Camaro. Someone like Xander definitely wouldn't give someone like Liam the time of day, would they?

I have to express that this novel explores real-life topics such as friendship, love, stereotypes, and societal stigmas regarding male-to-male interactions. It does contain mature themes, all of which involve teens: suicide, language including homophobic slurs (this is not an LGBTQ+ novel), bullying, self-harm, and violence.

Feedback such as 1) The pace of the book, 2) Character development, 3) Are there any plot holes?, 4) Which character is your favorite/least favorite?, 5) Is there a town in California called Congruence? I did research and so far it seems that there isn't but if anyone knows otherwise, please let me know. If there is anything else that you would like to express, please feel free to, I would greatly appreciate it! If this sounds interesting to anyone and you would like to read the novel or maybe just a few chapters, please let me know.

Take care! :)
Give the world the best you have and you will be kicked into the teeth, give the world the best you've got anyway. -Hedy Lamarr

Offline BetaReaderandWriter

Re: Seeking Beta Readers for my first novel Ice, Fire & A Storm
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2021, 04:29:33 AM »
Sounds interesting and kinda fun. I hope you’ll allow me to help you on your journey :)