Author Topic: Round table Question of the day  (Read 4809 times)

Offline Heartsongsdiary

• Jan Tetstone's Poetry Diary
Re: Round table Question of the day
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2021, 02:04:30 AM »
Question of the day: 
Why did the chicken cross the road?

Chickens normally are kept in chicken pens. The only way a chicken would cross the road is if a chicken got out of the chicken pen.

Chickens don't usually live next to paved roads. But if a chicken does cross a road all you gotta do is get a handful of chicken feed, get where the chicken can see you;start throwing chicken feed ; calling real loud, "chick-chick-chick" and the chicken will cross back across the road.
Be who you are...not everyone will like you but those that matter will. jt

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2021, 01:48:23 PM »
Question of the day: Who were the minute men?

Having attended public school in the 1950s I am well educated on American history that was being taught then.

Longfellow in paul Revere's Ride, describes  their fighting at Concord thus:

You know the rest. In the books you have read,
How the British Regulars fired and fled--
How the farmers gave them ball for ball,
From behind each fence and farmyard wall,
Chasing the red-coats down the lane,
Then crossing the fields to emerge again,
Under the trees at the turn of the road,
And only pausing to fire and load.

Minute Men, the soldiers of the American Revolution who, in the anxious months before the war broke out, held themselves ready to fight at a minute's  notice.  It was the minute men who met the British on Lexington Green that eventful April morning of 1775, who fired the " shot heard round the world" at Concord, who flocked swiftly and silently to the British path of retreat until thy seemed, as one British officer wrote "to drop from the clouds."

Their deadly fire poured into the ranks of the British fleeing madly to Boston, until that goodly company of troops was utterly demoralized.

The minute men were in the van at Bunker Hill; they played a prominent part throughout the Revolution.

A *queer-looking body of men they were, made up of farmers, school teachers who dropped their books at the sound of battle, half-grown boys, and the like, clad in any garments they happened to own, but they could fight.

*queer as meaning 'strange'

History excluded from American history books today.   jt

« Last Edit: December 06, 2021, 01:55:33 PM by Heartsongsdiary »

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #47 on: January 05, 2022, 04:22:33 PM »
see post below. Thank you.
Jan Tetstone
« Last Edit: January 07, 2022, 02:11:11 PM by Heartsongsdiary »

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2022, 02:25:05 PM »
Question of the day: How much were you taught about American history?

AMERICAN MADE
by Jan Tetstone

The most difficult thing for me to face, as an American, is the reality that as a people we have allowed, and continue to allow, the few to dictate the value of each of us as human beings.

Our country was not freely given to the American people; it was first created in the hearts and minds of a freedom loving people.

Like countries on the other side of the world who to this day, still, send armies to invade and steal land that rightfully belong to others; today the American people live on land native Americans once hunted on,built homes on, and raised their families on.

I am an American of the "melting pot" with French, Indian and Irish blood running through my veins; today there are those among us who continue to use the "race card" to divide the American people.

Let me tell you a little history, about the first Americans ,and other Americans who together created the greatest country in the world, with their blood sweat and tears . And a whole lot of prayers!

But first a little history about Pontiac's War:  The Indians  who had helped the French could not believe that their ally was beaten... English fur traders moved about among the Indians, giving them rum and cheating them of their furs....Pontiac,the Ottawa chief, felt that the English had to be stopped. He quietly moved among the Indians, uniting the tribes from Canada southward almost to the Gulf of Mexico. French agents also moved among the Indians, saying that a large French army was on the way to recover the lost land for them and for France.

The French army didn't come, and the Indians didn't wait. In May of 1763 the Indians took the English settlers by surprise, captured a number of their forts, and drove the settlers out of the areas. The following year, Pontiac was defeated, and the war ended.

When the Indians were fighting to save their 'homeland' they weren't  fighting Americans; they were fighting British armies  sent by King George III.

Americans didn't exist, when France and Britain were dividing the land that, belonged to the Indians, long before the British or French had ever set foot on it.

The French and Indian War was a fight between England and France over who should control North America. It began in America.Because the English won. English influence became stronger in America while French influence became weaker.

In 1763 England had become a world power with possessions spread around the world. But. The price of gaining this power and the many wars had left England with huge debts that the English taxpayers could not pay because of the heavy tax load  that they already were forced to carry..

King George and Parliament began to look toward the colonies for money to pay England's debts, and to handle current expenses.

After the war England changed the policy by which it governed the colonies. The colonists resented the change and rebelled against England , their mother country.

Thereby, opening the way for the American Revolution in which only 3% of the first Americans fought for the God given right to life,liberty and justice  for all.

I might note at this point, that the promise Winston Churchill
made in reference to  Hitler  destroying Great Britain..... echoes down through history the sentiments of the 3% of Americans who fought to be free from British rule in 1776 . Nothing  but " blood, toil, tears,and sweat... whatever the cost  my be; we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!"

Note: America's history didn't begin when American history did! Just as slavery didn't begin with the American people importing slaves! Regardless, of what the last five or six generations of educators , and /or any Queen or King would have you, and the world believe.

Note: Before getting a world of devoted educators upset about the last two lines, let me add: There will be another article, in the near future titled " Educating American children."

Before the American Revolution the thirteen colonies /states were confined to the Atlantic Coast.The first permanent settlements were:
1. Virgina -1607
2. Massachusetts--- Plymouth--------------- 1620
                                  Salem----------------1626
                                  Boston---------------1630
3. New Hampshire---Portsmouth-------------1623
4. New York-----------Fort Orange------------1624
                                 New Amsterdam -----1626
5. New Jersey-------Jersey City Region-------1630
6. Maryland-----------St' Mary's-----------------1634
7. Connecticut-------Connecticut Valley----    -1633-36
8. Rhode Island------Providence-----------------1636
9. Delaware-----------Fort Chriatina-------------1638
10. North Carolina--Albemarle Sound-----------1653-60
11. South Carolina--Charles Town-------------1670
12. Pennsylvania----Philadelphia----------------1682
13. Georgia-----------Savannah--------------------1733

Patrick Henry eloquently expressed the feeling of the "Minute men" and all who fought for liberty,in the speech he made on March 23, 1775, in Virginia:

"I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know of no way of judging the future but by the past. And judging by the past, I wish to know what there has been in the conduct of the British ministry for the last ten years to Justify those hopes with which gentlemen have been pleased to solace themselves. . . . Has Great Britian any enemy, in this quarter of the world, to call for all this accumulation of navies and armies? No, sir, she has none.  They are meant for us; they can be meant for no other.   They are sent over to bind and rivet upon us those chains which the British ministry have been so long forging.  And what have we to oppose them? Shall we try argument? We have been trying that for the last ten years.. . . We have petitioned--we have prostrated ourselves before the throne . . . and we have been spurned, with contempt, from the foot of the throne. In vain, after these things, may we indulge in the fond hope of peace and reconciliation. There is no longer any room for hope. If we wish to be free . . . we must fight! I repeat it, sir, we must fight! . . . Three millons of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us . . . There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! Our chains are forged, their clanking may be heard on the plains of Boston! The war is inevitable--and let it come! I repeat it, sir, let it come! Gentlemen may cry, peace, peace,- but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death!"

Americans will have a better chance of staying free in this day and time, if  we all understand the common-goals that unite us ,a many blooded people, into a nation of people devoted to the belief that "all men are created equal, with a God given right to live and die free."

The American Revolution was the beginning  of the first  government on earth to be "of the people, for the people and by the people."

After the war that ,much like the civil war,  pitted family against family and friend against friend, the United States of America was born by the writing of the declaration of Independence. It is the birth certificate of our country. It supersedes  the U.S. Constitution, and states ,clearly, the reasons for our departure from being ruled by Kings.

In 1775 the king proclaimed the Americans rebels and forbade commercial intercourse with them. Parliament closed the American ports. The British burned Falmouth, Maine "Portland," in October and Norfork , Virginia, on January 1, 1776. At the time the *second continental congress was in session[ with members such as  Samuel Adams, and Patrick Henry, waiting for a decison on the next step the congress would take. It was evidence was clear now that the colonies must submit or fight. Many of the conservatives gave up their opposition to independence.  Thomas Jefferson expressed the general opinion when he wrote:
"I will cease to exist before I yield to a connection on such terms as the British Paliament proposes."

Thomas Paine stated the case of the colonies in plain language in a pamphlet called "Common Sense," by "an Englishman." What all had been thinking was here plainly stated: "The period of debate is closed. Arms, as the last recourse, must decide the contest.  The appeal was the choice of the king and the continent hath accepted the challenge."   In later years Paine became unpopular on account of his writings against the Christian religion; but history will long remember the important part he played in the American revolution.

*Note: The United States of America congress  has not been formed at time. So we are still dealing with a king formed government.

TO BE CONTINUED

Roster of Soldiers and Patriots of the American Revolution Buried In Indiana

Compiled and Edited by Mrs. Roscoe C. O'Byrne, Chairman, Brookville Iniana
Published by   Indiana Daughters of the American Revolution  1938
Mrs. William H. sCHLOSSER -State Regent 1937-1940

This volume of Revolutionary Soldiers buried in Indiana is presented with the
hope that it will materially assist in increasing the membership in D.A. R.
Chapters in the State.
‘Within these pages will be found authentic service for 1394 soldiers and
patriots. .

*.The compilation of these records has been the project of Indiana Daughters.
for the past four years, during the administrations of Miss Bonnie Farwell
and Mrs. William H. Schlosser, Indiana State Regents.

This volume is not the work of one person, but the work of many.Chapter  members
have read all the D.A.R. Lineage volumes, Probate Court Records,Wills, Deeds,
and Marriage Records, prior to the date 1850; also early newspapers of the
counties and County Histories. Cemeteries have been searched for the graves.
Many persons, not D.A.R.‘s, have contrib...
https://bloomfield.lib.in.us/uploads/4/9/0/2/49026837/roster.pdf

Stop feeding the stock market. It only exists to make the rich richer-and the poor  beggars.

Today, the news we get is controlled by those who inherited a different kind of life style than the average man and women; those who attended Harvard, Yale, or another of the Univerities that was founded by Toties long before  the American Revolution.
TO BE CONTINUED

1635: John Harvard received his M.A. from Cambridge University, England. 1636: First College in American colonies founded. The “Great and General Court of the Governor and Company of the Massachusetts Bay in New England” approves £400 for the establishment of “a schoale or colledge” later to be called “Harvard.”

Drafted by Henry Dunster, the Charter of 1650 called for the Harvard Corporation to consist of seven individuals: the President, five Fellows, and a Treasurer. The Charter named the Corporation as the “President and Fellowes of Harvard College” and transferred to them, in “perpetual succession,” the duties of managing the College.

The first changes to the Corporation’s structure since 1650 were implemented in 2010. These include an expansion of the number of Fellows, the establishment of terms of service for Fellows, and the creation of standing committees.

Let's see.

Eight Presidents of the United States have graduated from Harvard University: John Adams, John Quincy Adams, Rutherford B. Hayes, John F. Kennedy, Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Theodore Roosevelt, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama.

Note:Joseph R. Biden, Jr. is our 46th President- He didn't go to Harvard. But he was vice-president to the 44th President Barack H. Obama who did.

Yale University had its beginnings with the founding of the New Haven Colony in 1638 by a band of 500 Puritans who fled from persecution in Anglican England. It was the dream of the Reverend John Davenport, the religious leader of the colony, to establish a theocracy and a college to educate its leaders. Purchases and plans for a college library date back to 1656 but were suspended when King Charles II forced the colony to unite with Connecticut in 1665.
https://guides.library.yale.edu/yalehistory

Presidents that attended Yale University include William Howard Taft, George H.W Bush, and George W. Bush for his undergraduate studies, prior to attending Harvard University. Both Gerald Ford and Bill Clinton attended Yale Law School as well.

Americans have been played like character in a play book: We no long control the US Ports-the air space above our heads;and God only knows what else the "Loyalists" have stole from the all of us, the people of the United States of America:

In our country , unlike many countries, there is no national port authority.
Rather authority is diffused throughout all three levels of government-federal, state and local. That stems from the
federal character of the U.S. Constitution, which reserves certain powers for the national government and others strictly
for the states. The Canadian system, by contrast, is subject to the general purview of the central government and more
specifically to enactments of the national parliament. The enactment in June 1998 of the Canada Marine Act changed
somewhat the character of the federal port system and permits the divestment of many ports previously administered by
the Ministry of Transport to non-federal public and private entities. However, the nation’s major seaports are governed
and managed by federal port authorities and ultimate statutory authority constitutionally remains with Parliament.     https://www.aapa-ports.org/files/PDFs/governance_uscan.pdf

Note: Parliament- (in the United Kingdom,UK) the highest legislature, consisting of the sovereign, the House of Lords, and the House of Commons. "the Secretary of State will lay proposals before Parliament"

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 03:09:11 PM by Heartsongsdiary »

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2022, 04:06:27 PM »
Question of the day- Have you ever been so down and out that you would 'beg' strangers for help?

While researching one of the spammers who posts on MWC boards my search took me to the  freebeg site. The people posting on the site were begging for help. Little do they know :

I had the same person. email me again. after reading more about this site. this person is a royal robber everyone. a programmer.

I did a UK Company search:  jt

FREEBEG LIMITED

Company number 10465494
Follow this company

Company Overview for FREEBEG LIMITED (10465494)
    Filing history for FREEBEG LIMITED (10465494)
    People for FREEBEG LIMITED (10465494)
    Registers for FREEBEG LIMITED (10465494)
    More for FREEBEG LIMITED (10465494)

Registered office address
    1st Floor 69-70 Long Lane, London, United Kingdom, EC1A 9EJ

Company status
    Dissolved

Dissolved on
    23 October 2018

Company type
    Private company limited by guarantee without share capital

Incorporated on
    7 November 2016

Accounts
Last accounts made up to 31 March 2018
Nature of business (SIC)

78109 - Other activities of employment placement agencies

When Freebeg  was dissolved  :6 officers / 4 resignations
https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/10465494/officers

I am very unhappy, that so many people bit into the Freebeg scam. Nothing is free in this life---not in the end.

An example of a "freebeg":

"My wife and I have been living in my 2005 Chevy Tahoe close now to about 8 months and things are going downhill mentally and spiritually. Our relationship has been on trial as well. We both have low income jobs and work our butts off every day, but still barely making ends meet. Our SUV is breaking down one expensive part at a time and repairs are costly and unaffordable. We are living in Texas for now, but need to get back to Indiana so she can see her grandmother before she passes. She is almost 90 years old and is not in good health. Her grandfather has already passed 2 years ago and it has taken a toll on her mental health. Her biological father was never in the picture and her mother didn't have time for her. So her grandparents took on the responsibility with loving and caring arms and raised her. They are all the family she has ever known and the thought of never being able to get back to Indiana to see her grandmother again is tearing her apart. She has been in a deep depression for the last few months and it takes everything just to get her up to go to work. It's breaking my heart to see her like this. I've never done anything like this before and normally wouldn't ask for money, but I dont no what else to do or haven't a clue where to turn. It's our dream before we pass on this earth to be able to make one last trip back home again in Indiana, and then travel the U.S.A. to see national parks and beautiful country sides. To appreciate the nature this Mother Earth still has before us as humans destroy it. If we were to receive anything at all it would be very much appreciated and valued. We would utilize it to get back on track and pay whatever forward we can for the rest of our years to come. We always try to give to people that are less fortunate than us, even when we struggle ourselves. Because we know what it feels like to be "down on our luck". The goal in life is to be kind to one another. Life is way too short to be sad and angry. Thank you and God bless."

My guess is the spammer who I researched is not a beggar. But is a Freebeg site programmer.

People who get rich off the heartaches of others deserve nothing from life but contempt  for their low-life lives.  -Jan Tetstone

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2022, 12:07:30 AM »
We are all guardians of liberty. Americans represent the best and worst of every country. The signers of the Declaration of Independence supported the declaration, " with a firm reliance on the protection of the Divine Providence," and "mutually pledged to each other to support the declaration with their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor. All they ask for in return was that we, Americans living today,and all Americans in every generation, make good use of the freedom; the first generation of Americans paid for with their blood, sweat, tears and prayers.

John Quincy Adams' message to our generation, past generation, and future generations: "Posterity--you will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make good use of it."

Those today who are working to destroy the United States of America's independence  along with the independence of other countries; have no idea of how powerful a united freedom loving people worldwide can be. And what they will do to preserve freedom.

Thomas Paine wrote in The American Crisis No. 1, 1776 :
 “What we obtain too cheaply we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated.”

The Declaration of Independence broke the chains kings and queens
had shackled the colonist in America with. It is one of the greatest documents of American history. In it we read that" all men are created equal," that all men have a right to "life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness,"the right of the government to rule is derived "from the consent of the governed" and that when a given government ceases to guarantee these privileges, "it is the right of the people  to alter or to abolish it, and to institute a new government, laying its foundation on such principles,and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall  seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." The Declaration further lists  a long series of acts of  tyranny committed by King George III and parliament against which the colonies  had protested. The Declaration of Independence closes with these words: "these united colonies are,and of right ought to be, free and independent states."

About 80,000 Loyalists  fled to Canada or Britain during or just after the war. Because Loyalists were often wealthy, educated, older, and Anglican, the American social fabric was altered by their departure. American history brands them as traitors. But most were just trying to maintain the lifestyles to which they had become accustomed. After all, history is always written by the winners.
https://www.ushistory.org/us/11b.asp

Interesting  that  the site owners felt the need to add
"After all history is always written by the winners."

Could it have something to do with the fact that the wealthy men, who would rather bow down to kings and queens, than fight for freedom, taught their offspring how to stay loyal to Britain from inside the United States of America?

BE CONTINUED
« Last Edit: January 08, 2022, 12:14:53 AM by Heartsongsdiary »

Offline Heartsongsdiary

« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2022, 04:30:26 PM »
It's interesting modern day Tories are no different than the Tories who chose to be subject of King George III over being free men during  the American Revolution. I guess it is true  that the illusion of being free is enough for those who have never known what it's like to live free.:

Back to the offspring of  the Tories. It's amazing that anyone pondering and making aliving off American  stocks and bonds while owning businesses in the United States of America  would complain.

What history did the Tories pass on to their future generations?  Examples of staying loyal to Britain from inside the United States of America:

America’s Tories were among the British subjects who transformed Canada, which was largely French territory until 1763, into an English-speaking country. Today some 3.5 million Canadians—more than 10 percent of the country’s population—are direct descendants of Americans on the losing side of the Revolutionary War. But the world moves on. Memories fade, values morph, new people arrive. For more than two centuries, Saint John, New Brunswick, proclaimed itself the LoyalistCity, and schools were dismissed and merchants donned colonial garb when Saint John annually memorialized the arrival of Sarah Frost and her fellow Tories. Today, however, Saint John styles itself as “The Fundy City” and celebrates the ebb and flow of the Bay of Fundy’s tides, to the dismay of some.

“What exactly is a ‘FundyCity?’ ” grumps Eric Teed, an Anglophile barrister who is the former president of the New Brunswick chapter of United Empire Loyalists (UEL). “Saint John is the LoyalistCity, but now there’s all this cultural competition for heritage marketing.”

To keep their ancestors’ accomplishments from being forgotten, in 2001 the UEL published a curriculum aid for history teachers entitled The Loyalists: Pioneers and Settlers of the Maritimes. “We distributed it free of charge to all of the schools, but I don’t think it is being used,” says Frances Morrisey, a UEL descendant of one of New Brunswick’s founding fathers. “Loyalists gave Canada peace, order and good government, but now they’re being forgotten.”

Saint John’s mayor, Shirley McAlary, sees no cause for concern. “There are a lot of new people living here who have no connection to the UEL,” she says. “The Loyalist people are growing older and their children are leaving. Now it’s the Irish who are stronger and more united. It’s hard to keep history alive if it doesn’t change.”

In the nearby town of Liverpool, on Nova Scotia’s rocky Atlantic shore, history needs no re-creation. On the anniversary of George III’s birthday, John Leefe, whose Huguenot ancestors were forced to flee Mount Bethel, Pennsylvania, 220 years ago, bivouacs with the Kings Orange Rangers, a re-created regiment of 50 historical reenactors formally recognized by the British government. And each summer Leefe, who is mayor of the surrounding municipal region, presides over Privateer Days, a community gala celebrating Loyalist pirates who raided U.S. shipping following the Revolutionary War.

“My own family was living in America 100 years before the Revolution even began. Perhaps that is why I use every occasion to toast King George,” Leefe says with a smile. “Canada is a mosaic, not a melting pot, and that allows people to remember their family history,” he adds. “Loyalists still view the United States as a dysfunctional family we just had to leave.”

“We grew up with the knowledge that our ancestors were refugees who had been robbed and tortured because of their loyalty,” says Elizabeth Lowe, a fifth-generation descendant of Benedict Arnold’s cousin Oliver. “We may have learned to accept the Americans, but we will never forget our history.”  https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/divided-loyalties-107489501/

Note:RBC Bank is the trading name of RBC Bank, N.A., the United States-based retail banking division of the Royal Bank of Canada which is targeted toward Canadian snowbirds, expatriates, and frequent tourists. Despite its limited reach, RBC Bank is a federally chartered bank, thus its trading name bears "N.A." letters.
Headquarters: Raleigh, NC
Founded: March 5, 2012, Rocky Mount, NC
Parent organization: Royal Bank of Canada

Who owns Royal Bank of Canada?

Top 10 Owners of Royal Bank of Canada
BMO Asset Management, Inc.   
1832 Asset Management LP   
TD Asset Management, Inc.
RBC Global Asset Management, Inc.
The Vanguard Group, Inc.   
RBC Dominion Securities, Inc. (In...   
Mackenzie Financial Corp.      
FIL Investment Advisors (UK) Ltd.   
CIBC World Markets, Inc.   
BMO Asset Management Corp.
https://money.cnn.com/quote/shareholders/shareholders.html?symb=RY&subView=institutional

Bankers and big business  know where and how many forgein businesses operate on American soil.

Why because states like New York, Delaware, Georgia, North Carolina, Florida allow any country to enter our country and set up shop.

When I begin writing this, it was my intention to tell a short story about the different bloodlines: Indian, Irish,German,French, Chinese, Japanese, and other American bloodlines  who made  sacrifices, many giving up their life, that our generation and all future  generations could inherit the right to live and die free.

There is no freedom living at the mercy of kings and queens.

As for those who do so willingly-that was your choice to make;as for me I will do everything in my power to insure that all future generations of American are never rule by kings and queens!

The United States of America doesn't have a mother country
the apron strings were cut  when the Declaration of Independence gave birth to a the United States of America.

Stop feeding the stock market. It only exists to make the rich richer-and the poor  beggars.

Today, the news we get is controlled by those who inherited a different kind of life style than the average man and women; those who attended Harvard, Yale, or another of the Universities that was founded by Tories long before  the American Revolution.
TO BE CONTINUED