Author Topic: beta readers wanted for YA fantasy!!  (Read 56 times)

Offline annacatunser

beta readers wanted for YA fantasy!!
« on: January 07, 2021, 05:29:23 PM »
I am looking for free beta readers for my completed YA fantasy novel called A Tale of A Daughter (120k words). The synopsis is as follows:

In The Tale of A Daughter, Karolina Cogan gives ‘rebellious teenager’ a much more literal meaning - at nineteen, she and her father are the sole leaders of a rebellion against the rule of the magical Sun Queen, Celeste. When Lina’s father makes a secretive bargain with witches, she is sent on a quest to secure the one item the rebellion needs to succeed.

Forced to travel through a mystical forest with an old friend, a befriended nymph, and the last remaining Moon royal, the group of four navigate through three trials sent by Gaia, the giver and protector of all natural magic, and subsequently, protector of the item that Lina is seeking. Lina has been trained her entire life to fight with hand-to-hand combat, lies, and deceit. Her years of preparation are quickly rendered useless to her as the trials administered to their misfit group by a range of mythological creatures ultimately test attributes that Lina was never taught: loyalty, honesty, and sacrifice. And yet, the most terrifying trial Lina faces is when she begins to realize that she cannot rely on others to create her identity for her, not even her own father.

But if she is not her father’s daughter, who is she?

Any feedback is welcome, but I would specifically like some honest readers who know the genre well enough to speak for the general YA fantasy audience. Reply back or email me if you are interested!

Thank you!