Author Topic: Hello! I am Jake, a nonfiction writer looking for beta readers  (Read 280 times)

Offline jmarchand2012

Hello! I am Jake, a nonfiction writer looking for beta readers
« on: January 01, 2021, 12:19:11 PM »
I live in New York, work as an Civil Engineer/Construction Manager, and write on the side as a hobby that I'm passionate about. I love to learn about leaders in different spaces like motivation, success, health and fitness, etc. I just finished writing my first book, Inspiring Leaders in Health & Fitness, which is a series of six biographies on experts in the space from physical therapists to nutritionists to strength and condition coaches.

I am here to look for beta readers to help me as I wrap up this project. Each chapter is ~6-10,000 words, even if someone wants to just read 1 chapter and let me know their thoughts that is fine. I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you  :)

Offline atxtherapist

Re: Hello! I am Jake, a nonfiction writer looking for beta readers
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 10:57:56 PM »
Hi Jake, I also am a non-fiction writer in the self-help genre.

I'm happy to do a trade, chapter for chapter if you still need a reader.

Let me know!

Offline Couper

Re: Hello! I am Jake, a nonfiction writer looking for beta readers
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 05:05:40 AM »
Hello, I'm a retired journalist and professor who will soon finish my first NF self-development book-- on psychology and communication (my passion and also academic field).  I will ask for readers when the book's at a Beta level, but glad to read and critique any related books.  If that sounds good, please tell me any aspects to look for (flow, clarity, word choice, etc.) Don't worry... despite my background I'm friendly and direct. John in snowy Riga, Latvia.