Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 230 times)

Offline ather71

Greetings
« on: December 15, 2020, 03:42:50 PM »
Hello

I am glad to be a part of this forum. My experience of working with immigrants has inspired me to write a fictional biography of an immigrant. The main character goes on a journey to America. It is based on actual events.
I look forward to knowing people on this forum. I like reading a variety of genres including autobiography, fiction, adventure, nonfiction and science. Would like to be a beta reader and also have interested members beta read my material.

Ather

Offline innerpeace

Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2020, 03:06:39 AM »
Hi Ather, I just discovered this forum so let's welcome each other. I'm currently writing a nonfiction book to introduce people suffering from post-Covid syndrome to an energy healing methodology known as Qigong. It's been around for 5,000 years and it's backed by current science. The medical world doesn't know what to do for these patients whose symptoms just won't quit. They can use Qigong to get their lives back. Would you be interested in being a beta reader for this book to provide feedback on the content?

Offline ather71

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2020, 03:12:54 PM »
Hello innerpiece

Welcome to the forum. The topic of your book sounds interesting. You may send a sample of the work to my email address, ather71@hotmail.com

Or you can paste it in this forum if that is an option.

Regards

Ather

Offline innerpeace

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2020, 08:18:09 PM »
Thanks Ather! I will send as soon as it's ready. It's in progress now.

Offline innerpeace

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2020, 08:21:18 PM »
Also, I will be more available to return the favor after my book is complete and I've had some time to distribute it. Thank you so much!

I have a friend in Atlanta who immigrated from Turkey many decades ago. She started to write a book five or six years ago about the experience of living a life with dual cultural influences. But her book has morphed into something different as time has passed. I encouraged her to write a series so she can get something good out there. But she hasn't studied the publishing industry yet.

She knows I edit people's books, but she feels we're too close to even let me see a portion of it just for the experience.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2020, 08:25:30 PM by innerpeace »