Author Topic: I'm here to stay, won't go away!  (Read 120 times)

Offline genise

• Linkedin Profile
I'm here to stay, won't go away!
« on: October 31, 2020, 06:59:01 PM »
That might seem like a strange message. So, please let me explain. As of today (Halloween), I am a paid member; however, apparently, I actually registered in 2013! We write and write, on sooo many sites!

I'm usually not this corny.

My name is Genise or Gen. I live in Madison, WI, married, 3 adult sons, bla bla.

While I've done just about every type of writing other than fiction, I'm primarily a technical writer and Certified Professional Resume Writer. I started out writing a wide range of materials but since about 2015 it's pretty much just been resumes, cover letters, LinkedIn, and so on. It pays the bills but frankly, I need a change. I basically went to school for technical writing but there are so many other avenues and genres I've dabbled in and wish to explore more thoroughly. Furthermore, I'm getting worried that I might have lost some of my creativity by only do this kind of writing which I personally don't find very creative. It was never my intention, but it is what it is and I am grateful but need something else.

Not sure what else to say right now but this time but I won't disappear and come back many years later. I'm here. I need this. Looking forward to what the site offers and hopefully meeting some great people!!

Happy Halloweeeeeeny ;D