Author Topic: Hello!  (Read 116 times)

Offline AmandaSt.James

Hello!
« on: October 22, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »
Hello to my new writer family! My name is Amanda and all I can say is that I hope I'm in the right place. I have dabbled in writing short stories since I was in high school, and at one time, I tried my hand at some FanFiction. Then about five years ago, I was struck with an idea that took root and simply never went away. Unfortunately, shortly after starting my first book, my life had other plans and I was forced to take a step back from writing. Then about a year ago, inspiration struck once again and I have worked diligently to finally finish my first book out of three. Ok, it's actually four.

There have been many bumps in the road, but I am proud to say that I finally completed it. Sort of. I'm sure some of you will understand what I mean when I say that I am my own worst critic, and while I am trying to navigate my way through understanding what it takes to share my writing with the world, I find myself feeling lost. Which is why I am here. To seek knowledge and gain a better understanding from those with a lot more experience than what I have. And if I'm going to be completely honest, to simply bond with people that understand the need to write and appreciate the work that goes into it.

With that said, I will stop rambling and just say that I look forward to "meeting" all of you and I can't wait to dive into all the creativity around here. I am open to any comments, questions or suggestions, so please feel free to message me. In the meantime, HAPPY READING!