Author Topic: I make a lot of gin jokes, but I only drink tea  (Read 104 times)

Offline CrankyOldMumPhD

I make a lot of gin jokes, but I only drink tea
« on: August 26, 2020, 11:30:05 PM »
Gday from sunny Brisvegas!

Im a severely sleep-deprived old mama. In between homeschooling a pair of extremely reluctant learners, helping care for my own Mum who has dementia, wrangling chooks, and looking for my keys/glasses/brain, I write compulsively to quiet the racket inside my head. Ive only just started being serious about it (on the days when I can find my brain). A couple of my blog posts have been well-received in one little corner of the homeschool community and ones going into an edited collection, which is nice. No money, but nice for a noob. And any day now Ill finish pruning a not-too-crappy chick-lit MS that needs a home.

Im old enough that agent -> publisher was the only route I had in my head until recently,  though Im starting to see the appeal of self-pub and want to learn more about that. In between, yknow, everything else. I have so many questions!

Oh and I really do have a PhD. But Im mostly recovered from that.

Offline JameelaM

• Administrator
Re: I make a lot of gin jokes, but I only drink tea
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 02:06:46 PM »
G'day to you CrankyOldMumPhD,

Happy to have you as a member of My Writers Circle! Between everything you have going on I would be surprised if you weren't sleep deprived, kudos to you for taking care of others in their time of need and educating the next generation!

Sounds like you are getting your feet in the right direction with blogging experience, writing online in some way, shape or form is definitely needed for success in this digital era.

Self Publishing is definitely a viable route to go to get published these days, lean on us for help as you start that journey!

Cheers!