Author Topic: Do You Only Write..? Or Also Have Other Types of Creativity Going On....?  (Read 880 times)

Offline HPvD

• HPs Happy Writing Blogspot
It's my experience that Creative People frequently are Creative in multiple ways.

For example for what myself is concerned, for our Design Studio we also do a lot of
- Photograpy -, for our Designs

I also - Draw Cartoons - for our Designs Studio, that I write about on an a Special Cartoon & Arts Blog.

I also - Make Music - that I write about on my Music Blog

I also - Write - that I write about on my Writing Blog

Do you also have other types of Creativity going on....?

To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline HPvD

BTW, to Kick-off the Replies on this Thread....,

I like to say that I Publish many Blog posts about these Creative Activities
on Several Special Theme Specific Blogs, to be able to get readers feedback
from others that are Creative in those same areas. 
To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline HPvD

Re: Do You Only Write..? Or Also Have Other Types of Creativity Going On....?
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 05:57:30 AM »
Thanks for leaving this space open,

I can start developing a new type of literature here,
Silent Reply Writing.

Come on !

- Really -

Nobody creative in any other ways....?

Offline John56832

Looking for resume writing service for nurse? Well, guess what, we have just what you need on our site!

Offline HPvD

Thanks for your reply, indeed there probably will also be - Creativity - involved
in resume writing....,

Offline trainer

Since the pandemic, I've also been rearranging things in my house, especially in my room. I've changed the type of books I keep by my bed (now I keep books I've already read, ones I really enjoyed, and flip open at random), moved my work desk around, changed the shade on my windows. I don't do this often, just to get out of a rut. I was watching David Lynch talking about creative practices and realized "creative block" might be a misnomer. It's not a block if one takes zero effort to go fishing for ideas. Then one has to develop those ideas. I think too often I've mistaken lack of effort for a creative block of some sort. The key now has been keeping my notes really close to my bed, so I can write things down without having to think about getting up and getting my notebook. Made a huge difference. I've also decided to take up intro-level Physics reading lists to add some variety to my reading. These books are mostly 101, but deeply informative. Currently reading Giancoli's Physics: Principles with Applications (6th Ed). I'd recommend it if you too are revisiting basic Physics after years.

In sum, reading things outside of my comfort zone and making sure I reduce excuses to put in effort have been beneficial.

Offline HPvD

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 04:57:56 AM »
Thank you for your reply,

The take that I get from this is that your other type of Creativity has to do with looking for creative ways - to set yourself up for Success -

Strategicly working on adjusting your interior to something more functional.
Looks like this other type of creativity here is in the area of (Interior) Design.

Creativity also as in a mental interior design, with a more pro active attitude towards
getting a grip of things, with the ability to add more varity to your reading,
creating your own Creative Powers.

Great to read that you are 'Cooking up' such great receipts for Success.
Did you also already create something of a blog or website to
Publish on, and to get readers feedback on....?

Offline OphiuchusMoon

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2020, 10:33:54 PM »
I agree that creative people are often creative in many ways. I play piano - both solo and in a band - and I also draw. Often, I find that these creative venues intersect when I write a story based on a song (or vice versa) or draw a picture for my story.

Offline kingdoom

Most definitely! I have been a musician my whole life and, now that I have finally started writing creatively, I find so many similarities in the writing styles of both music and fiction. As a musician, I often find that no matter the mode or scale I choose to write in, there are still few notes that fill the space of the melody correctly. I have been playing guitar for over 23 years avidly, every day for 4-8 hours in my youth and 20's, and strings for an additional 4-5 years in grade school. Though, I am new to creative writing, I feel it fills the necessity for creativity in my life. I yearn to express my emotions through my fingertips in one shape or another. If I don't sate that desire, I often times fill frustrated and filled to the brim with something that needs expelled from my body. (que monty python holy grail singing prince gif ;P )

I think this is a thing a lot of creative people experience. They may not feel the obsessive frustration like I do, but I believe there are many who do. Maybe, we are compelled by the same forces of imagination.

Anyways, when I am playing music I am always writing, creating. I know I should practice my scales, and believe you me, I will keep pace with the best of them or better, but, I know, when I write I am practicing the ability of writing creatively. You may not think it is something that can be molded, but I know I do, and I will show you a melody that will outshine most of whom can play a thousand notes per second. With so much talent in the world, how will you ever stand apart from others that can play a thousand notes per second or describe a scene in vivid clarity? A twelve year old can show you up on their finally honed technique, but can they express to you a melody that moves you through the entire spectrum of your emotions? Some can impressively, but not most. The melody develops through wisdom and experience, and, often times, struggle and strife.

I often will write a generic version of a melody and fine tune it through playing it numerous times. I will start it over from the beginning, or several measures beforehand, to experience the full effect. Just as I will a paragraph to assure the rhythm of the sentences flow smoothly. Its like the dependency of the scales and modes are writing the story or melody for me, but I am simultaneously wielding them in a rhythm that expresses myself also. To be quite honest, it's really freakin awesome. To be the creator, yet to be the one who listens or reads; the one that also experiences. I often discover in my writing details of the story that weren't planned ahead of time making it feel like I am the reader. You know when a part fits in fiction the same as a musician knows the placement of a note. It will fall in rhythm with the tune, or render the voicings dissonant to the observer.

Daily, I am so thankful to be a creative person. How would I have ever imagined the vastness of creation, or a universal perspective without pondering the possibility of trillions of fictional societies in our Universe? It's a fortunate thing to not be governed by the tolerances of objectivity.

Offline HPvD

OphiuchusMoon, thanks for your reply,

Thanks for adding to the conversation, I really like that you mention 
- creative venues intersect - it indeed often does!

With Music you can have Songwriting, that basically
has a lot to do with Storytelling.

Also Music itself also often gets me to Write,
I have an actual Specific Music Blog where I write about Music.
There I write for example about things like Music Performances I heard on TV
or Radio, and writing about things like Songwriting and about some of my
own JAM-Session adventures etc.

Some time ago I often got together with a little Music group, and one
in our group had a sequence of photo's that he used to express the images
to make into Music.

I really like the idea about the 'Interchangeability' you mention like for example
the possibility to write a story based on a Song (or vice versa)

Or to draw a picture for a story.

For what Drawing is concerned, that reminds me that some of
the Cartoons that I drew for Designs -ON- Products, like Guitar Bags, Shirt's,
Coffee Mugs etc. originally came from comic-strip stories I created years ago.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 09:12:39 AM by HPvD »

Offline HPvD

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2021, 09:37:44 AM »
Also kingdoom thanks for your reply too!

It's great to see that you also have other types of Creativity Going On, like Music!

Do you also have something of a website or blog?