Author Topic: Publishers  (Read 116 times)

Offline Panas332

Publishers
« on: August 02, 2020, 07:10:45 AM »
Hi all! I am a hopeful author and have looked for publishers. Unfortunately all that I have found are vanity publishers. Google has not helped my search. Does anyone have any publishers that they have enjoyed working with?
ดูบอลออนไลน์

Offline PIJ1951

Re: Publishers
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 12:53:12 PM »
No. They're a dying breed, though I doubt they ever really existed.
Have you thought about self-publishing with Amazon's Kindle Direct Publishing?
You are in total control of the whole process from start to finish - no cost involved. As long as you are able to edit your work scrupulously, design your own cover and format your book to meet Amazon's criteria, it's pain-free. I've always found it a fairly user-friendly exercise which often takes less than 72 hours between submission and actual publication.
Royalties are paid every month on time.
Compared with the traditional route where publishers take 18 months from contract signed to bookstore shelf (and do zero promotion) - assuming you're amazingly lucky enough to find a publisher who will stoop low enough to take on an unpublished writer.
I earned more in the first 3 months with Amazon than in 3 years with an established publishing house. Sales are +100-times better due to Amazon's algorithm system that promotes my work for free, so I have no reason to go back to the traditional way.

Offline HPvD

• HPs Happy Writing Blogspot
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2020, 04:22:45 AM »
I work together with a Publishing On Demand Company,

It's a good Win/Win-situation, because you only have to pay them when
you have people buying your E-Book/E-Report when money is
comming in.

Some years ago I did promote an E-Report I wrote, and actually
did sell a few of them online. Something that is pretty amazing,
since nowadays a lot Bigger E-Books, with many more pages
than my little E-Report are offered online for only
very little money or for Free!

I now also Co-wrote an other E-Report, one about - Making Money with
Digital Photography - currently I am not actively Promoting it, because,
as mentioned before frequently they are offered for Free, and besides
as a Designer we are more active with making new Designs
and Promote those...,

However I also Self-Publish many self written blog posts
on several Blogs of mine, and you can read a few - Samples - of
our Digital Photography E-Report about Digital Photography on my
Digital Camera-ideas blog.

In those Samples you get to know some of the Designs we made
from our Digital Photography, and you can see for yourself that

"I Practice what I Preach" as you can see exactly for yourself that those
Designs are really out there, and getting bought online
when you look at the Latest Product Sold in our Webshop!

To your Happy<i> - Writing -</i> Inspiration, http://hpshappywriting2.blogspot.com

Offline PIJ1951

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:59 AM »
Paying a publisher is still vanity publishing, as far as I'm concerned - whether customers buy the finished product or not. Does this Publishing on Demand company promote your work? Does it make your work widely available on-line to a worldwide customer base? Do they pay you royalties - if so what % of the cover price?  -  bearing in mind that most high street bookshops will only expect to pay 40% of a title's cover price at best, leaving little left for royalty payments after production costs and admin are factored in.

Why would anyone in their right mind pay to have their work published when self-publishing on Amazon's KDP is cost-free? In my own experience, I've sold more Kindle copies than paperback, but these sales are still higher than any sales achieved by the two titles handled by traditional publishing houses (in the region of 100 times higher).